Chapter 3

EDITED 

Alexander POV

I shifted around in my sleep as I snuggled closer into my pillow then sat up, or at least tried to. I felt arms around my waist and warm breath against my neck.

Turning around slowly to find out that Lafayette was hugging me, I smiled softly. I brushed his hair away from his face causing him to suddenly wake up. My heart seemed to have jumped as he opened his beautiful eyes, what? They are beautiful.

I chuckled as he removed his arms from my waist, thus breaking up the hug that we were in earlier. I felt a pang in my chest but ignored it.

"Alexander, why are you awake mon amo- ami?" he asked with a slight yawn, I think it, was between his words, I shrugged my shoulders not really knowing why.

"I don't know really, what time is it anyway?" I asked still facing him, and take in our change of environment, he turned around to check the small clock on the wall.

"Its 2 in the morning Alexander, please to go sleep, you've been staying up late for how many days," he said, looking back at me, his eyes pleading with me.

I rolled my eyes "Fine, fine." I whined as I begrudgingly lied back down on his bed as he sighed in relief.

I snuggled into his chest, hugging him, as we looked for a comfortable position. At the same time, he wrapped his arms around me again and chuckled—the sound of his laughter rumbling in his chest as I mumbled.

"By the way, if I remember properly, didn't we fall asleep in the living room?" I peak up at him.

"Ah yes, I carried you when John waked me up earlier, he's sleeping in your room and while Hercules is on the couch since he wouldn't wake up..." he said grumbling the last bit into my hair.

He buried his face in my hair, making me laugh, looking up at Lafayette. I'm kinda reminded of Thomas since Laf removed his hair tie which made me hide my face in his chest as I blushed.

I close my eyes, listening to Laf's heart beating, which slowly lulled me to sleep.

I smile a little bit as I slowly drift into a very relaxing sleep muttering a small "Goodnight Laf...."

"Goodnight mon petit lion."

Lafayette POV

I smile to myself playing with the hair of my best friend and crush, placing a small kiss on top of his messy mop of brown wavy hair as I felt myself drifting off to sleep. Holding Alexander Hamilton in my arms.

The next morning, since I was the one who always woke up first to prepare breakfast, I did and tried everything in my willpower to make sure not to wake up my beloved.

But sadly I failed, he woke up and rubbed his eyes, his tiredness easily seen in movements and his hair was a mess as well as his clothes. However, he still looked adorable no matter what state he was in.

"Morning Laf," he said, rubbing his eyes, a small yawn escaping his mouth.

I smiled as I pet his head which made him narrow his eyes, "Good morning Lex, you should sleep in today, it's a Saturday after all." I said softly. He looked at me shaking his head as he poured "Nah, I'm good Laf." I frowned as he laughed at me slightly and with that, he slowly exited my room with a hint of drowsiness as I chuckled going out as well to prepare breakfast.

I passed by the couch to see that our mess from last night was tidied up, and Herc not being on it anymore, I also took a small peak at Alex's room seeing no one there. So I headed into the kitchen seeing Alexander standing by the counter holding a yellow sticky note in his hand while the coffee machine was doing its magic in the background.

"Guess Herc and John decided to leave early," I said as I went around the kitchen counter, Alex hummed pouring coffee into his mug.

"Yeah, Herc apparently had some extra classes today, and John has way too much work to get done before next week," he said as he took as a seat on a chair, sipping his newly brewed coffee.

I laughed seeing as how John's work was close to the deadline "Well that's no surprise there, he usually passes his work by the last minute, I'm glad he's able to do it within a short time." Alex joins in on laughing as he too agreed "Yeah, that's true, guess he works well under pressure." I got everything that I needed for cooking breakfast which consisted of pancakes.

"Imma take a shower first Laf, there's somewhere I gotta get to later...." he said finishing his coffee, as I hummed in response.

"Alright mon ami, but your eating before you leave." he nodded and quickly ran off to take his shower.

After I finished cooking, I decided to call Alexander for breakfast "Alexander breakfasts ready come o-." I said as I went into his room without knocking only to see him shirtless with a towel hanging from his neck.

Droplets of water dripping from his hair as he looked at me, both of our eyes widening as we blushed "A-Uhm I-I'll just wait for you in the kitchen." I stuttered out quickly as I ran into the kitchen slumping against the wall covering my mouth as my blush intensified.

I regained my composure before Alex finished and we both ate, casually striking up random topics and laughing till we forgot about the awkwardness that happened earlier.

"Thanks for breakfast Laf! I'll be going now!" he said, calling out from our mini living room.

"Alright stay safe mon ami!" I shouted back from the kitchen as I was washing our dishes.

"I will Laf don't worry, Love you!" I was left slightly stunned but smiled softly nonetheless, and with that, I was left alone in my dorm, which I shared with both my best friend and secret crush.

"Love you too mon petit lion."