Chapter 9

Fliare found herself lying on the wooden floor of a room. She looked up at Sebastian, who was standing carelessly beside her. Instead of staring at her back, Sebastian walked towards the window and looked outside, alert.

He then turned and offered a hand for her to get on her feet. She took it hesitantly and moved towards the window. "Where are we?" she asked, turning her body to look at Sebastian.

"I told you; New York." he replied and gestured Fliare to follow him. "We're going to attend a party."

"So," she said, following Sebastian who had opened the door and walked downstairs. "We went to New York just attend some party? Wow. Just wow."

Downstairs was the living room and a kitchen. Both were not big, just small enough for two people to live. "Don't you feel like partying, Fliare?" Sebastian asked.

"No, I don't. Not when I'm kidnapped, of course."

"We're not going to do that only. I'll need your help. You'll go to the party and act like a friend of this guy named Daniel. That's all. Nothing hard, right?" he said as he reached for another door. But before he turned the doorknob, he took out a portion, put a piece of something that Fliare couldn't see into it, waited, and finally drank it.

"What's that?" she asked, truly curious.

"Hmm... it may have been poison. I'm...going to the toilet." Sebastian muttered and ran for another door, leaving the confused Fliare alone.

Fliare waited for Sebastian to come out. She knew she could run and escape, but Sebastian would have found her in no time. She feared him, she realised. She feared him.

But then she tried to open the doorknob, and failed. Just then, a boy came out from the bathroom-a boy who was supposed to be Sebastian- but wasn't. This boy had blond hair and his skin wasn't as pale as Sebastian's. He was handsome, just like Sebastian, but didn't seemed so sharp. His eyes were caramel...

Then he glared at her, and smirked. Fliare blinked. "Uh..."

"Trying to get out, huh? Nice attempt, but of course, you failed." This boy's voice wasn't like Sebastian's, but he way he talked was. He walked to her, and Fliare backed away.

"Who are you?" she asked sharply. The dude laughed.

"Miss the old Sebastian? Well, I just changed my looks. Anyway, back to business. I'm following you to the party. But I won't be me. I am Zack. Remember that."

Still confused, Fliare blinked and nodded. "Wait-I don't get it."

"You don't hav to get it. We three; Daniel, me and you, will just be three friends who are going to a party and meet someone. Trust me," he said, turning the doorknob easily. "It'll be fun."