CHAPTER 2

Hey guys! I just finished my exams!!! Sorry that I'm slow. Hope you enjoy it.

I opened my eyes to see the white walled and white tiled floors of the lab. There were two desks, belonging to Sophie and I, in the lab and a large electronic multipurpose board for calculations and classes. There were also tables which were filled with neatly arranged chemicals, paper work filled with observations and inventions in marked transparent e-boxes (for protection).

"Seems like you did a great job organising everything Giddy." Sophie said while grabbing her lab coat from the hook and taking off her warmfitters (shoes that generate heat). She slipped on her drifters (shoes that hover over the ground. Scientists prefer to wear these because their easier to use to move around.)

"Thank you Miss Reynolds." Gideon said.

             I quickly followed her lead and changed up. Then, we both stood behind one of the tables and waited patiently for Mr. Reynolds to address us.

           He and Gideon stood at the other side in their coats. Mr. Rey practically beamed at us. Sophie shifted uncomfortably beside me.

"Well?" she asked.

"Oh right. This is why we are gathered here today." Mr
Reynolds said as he brought out a tube with a blue glowing liquid inside.
Sophie and I stared at it.

"What is that?" she asked.

I reached for it but Mr. Rey decided to slap my hand away.

         I winced.

"That didn't hurt at all." I said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes.

"This isn't something to play with Mason." he said.

"Figured." I mumbled.

"Could you please tell us what this is?" Sophie asked.

"This is the time fluid." he said.

He smiled waiting for our reactions.

"Wait, you mean that you have the fluid that helps time travel?" Sophie said.

He nodded.

"And I have a feeling the HRSO (Human Robotics and Science Organization) didn't hand it over to you gladly." I said.

"Maybe it took an intelligent brain and light fingers to take it." he said.

Sophie and I looked at him in horror.

"I never thought that I would go to jail at such a young age." Sophie said as she slumped on a stool.

Mr. Rey glared at her.

"You really think I would leave evidence of this around. What do you take me for, an idiot?" he said.     

"Well dad, I don't know what to think." Sophie said.

He let out a heavy sigh.

"Sophie, trust me on this. I'm not stupid." he said.

"What if we-"
"We won't. Mason help me here." he said.

Sophie looked at me.

"There is a forty percent chance we might get caught and a sixty percent chance we might not." I said and gave a weak smile.

She sighed.

"Fine." she said.

     Mr. Rey smiled.

"Now Mason, remember the pads I asked you to make?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Those are time pads. You can use them to time travel once they are connected to the time fluid."
Gideon said after watching us argue.

"We need you to connect the time fluid to the pads." he said.

"Don't you think that one tube is too small for all those pads?" I asked.

"That is why I made more. Just use this for today. Plus, remember this, the time fluid SHOULD NOT come in direct contact with a human. It can cause diverse effects." he said.    

"Such as?" Sophie asked.

"Memory loss, body defects, time displacement and complete erasure from the timeline." Mr. Rey said.

"Are you crazy?!" Sophie said, green eyes flashing.

Mr. Rey gave her a hard glare but Sophie stood to her full 5'6 frame and glared back at him.

"Uh Soph, calm down." I said as I dragged her backwards.

"Watch your words darling." he said, green eyes gleaming.

"As I was saying, Mason you should be very careful with this. Okay?" he said.
I nodded and collected the tube.

"So, is that all for today?" Sophie asked.

"Yes Miss Reynolds." Gideon said.
Sophie and I glanced at Mr. Rey shocked.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

Sophie slapped the back of my head.

"Ow! That didn't hurt at all!" I said as I rubbed the back of my head.

"Sssssh! Do you want him to change his mind?" she said.

Mr. Rey chuckled.

"You guys can go have fun but, not too much fun." he said.

Sophie and I glanced at each other with wide grins on our faces. We both took off our coats and hung them on the hook and dashed out of the lab. Honestly, we both needed a break. We were both supposed to understudy a scientist and have weekly lessons with whoever we chose. At the end of each week, we write a report on what we learnt that week and it applies to all students (Students in the art department understudy artists of course). It is so stressful. Luckily, Mr. Rey although strict, was a fun teacher. Once, he took us to the HRSO headquarters, it was super flick (cool).
Once we were outside, Sophie looked up at me.

"How about that movie?"

I couldn't agree more.