CHAPTER 5

13th Nov,2316

Mason's POV

"Now now Amy, let's not jump into conclusions." I heard a voice say.

"B-but y-you told me-" another voice.

"I know what I said and now I think," hesitation, "I think he might not make it."said the first voice.

               I realised this was a dialogue between Mr. Rey and my mom.

"Who might not make it?" I asked confused as I sat up on the bed.

They both swiftly snapped their heads towards me. My mom's brown eyes were filled with tears and Mr Reynolds's green eyes were sorrowful until they met mine.

My mom quickly shot up from her chair pulled me into a vicious hug.

"Masy!" she exclaimed.

"Uh fmom, I fink I'm fying." I said in a muffled voice as she buried my face in her blue v-neck sweater.

"Um, Amy I think you'll kill him just after he managed to come back." Mr. Rey said, humour in his voice.

"Oh oh oh! I'm sorry! So sorry Masy." she said, releasing me as she wiped tears away from her eyes.

           Mr. Rey came over to me with a tablet and started to check my vitals.

"What's going on?" I asked as he shone a light into my eyes and I used my hands to shield my face.

"Pupils reactive to light, subject seems to be in a state of confusion." He said out loud as he typed it on the tablet.

"Wait? What?" I asked.

"Gideon! He's awake!" he shouted.

Seconds later, Gideon appeared.

"Mr. Reynolds you do not need to shout for me. You can just simply push your DEB (droid emergency button)." she said.

"Its a habit." he mumbled.

Gideon moved over to me. She simply scanned me with her eyes.

"Gideon, any sign of time fluid?"

"Negative Mr. Reynolds." she said.

"Any sort of side effects?"

"Negative except for drowsiness, a short term headache, and temporary memory loss." she droned.

"Good. Now Mason, you need to settle down and rest after what happened. No getting up for- for how many days Gideon?" Mr. Rey asked.

"A week." she said.

"Good, you heard that right?" he asked.

    I nodded.

"So you mean my son is staying here for a week?" My mom asked, breaking our concentration.

Mr. Rey slowly nodded.

         My mom looked at him wide-eyed.

"Uh oh, I know that look. No, you can't even take him to rest in his room which is still being cleared off the time fluid. Plus, we need to check his progress." Mr. Rey said.

"But-"

     He gave her sharp look and she kept quiet.

"Now, you can visit him tomorrow, he needs to rest." Mr. Rey said.

"He just woke up!" My mom exclaimed.

"Exactly why you should let him rest."

         My mom gave Mr. Rey a death glare and maybe its just me but, I thought I saw Mr. Rey shudder in fear before he gave in.