CHAPTER 12

Date: Unknown
Time: Unknown

Fiona sat across from Gabe in the waiting room as Eve the receptionist typed away on the laptop. She glanced around the light blue room for like the thousandth time. Everything in the room was light blue heck, even Eve was dressed in light blue. For some strange reason, Theia just had a fetish for light blue.

Fiona glanced back at Gabe who was tapping his foot impatiently on the ground. He made an irritated noise and glanced at Eve.

"Um, Evie?" he said.

"Don't call me that." she said without looking up from her laptop.

"Whatever. When is Theia coming out?" he said impatiently.

Eve glanced up from her laptop, clearly irritated and annoyed because, her youthful beautiful face was a bright red, her light blue eyes glowed and she angrily brushed strands of her platinum coloured hair behind her ear and adjusted her blue framed glasses.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop acting like a big baby and wait for her?!" Eve yelled. Gabe cringed as she continued, waving her arms about. This caused her ponytail to swing about.

"If she felt like it, she could spend the whole damn day in there and there's nothing you would do about it! Why can't you sit quietly and, dare I add, patiently like Fiona here is doing?! Is it so damn hard?!" she yelled.

Gabe stared at her wide-eyed.

"Answer the damn question!" she boomed.

"N-n-no."

"Good, then shut up and let me work." she added calmly.

Gabe zipped his lips and gave an uneasy smile while Fiona stared at Eve in shock.

"Must be a tough day huh?" She asked Eve.

"Yeah, tell me about it. The council want a stupid five hundred page summary of how things are going over here by next week and guess who had to do it? Little ol' cursed me that's who! And Mr. My-brain-went-floating-along-with-other-stuff-I-make-float isn't making stuff pleasant for me." Eve said glaring at Gabe, her light blue eyes glowing. She resumed her typing.

"Wow, that's awful." Fiona said.

She muttered an incoherent 'I know right.'

Fiona decided to leave her in peace to work, though her hard work would be for nothing if things turned sour.

She felt like a high school student awaiting their fate in the principal's office. She didn't do anything wrong actually. It was Gabe and his fault. How many times had she had to sit here because of both of them? Couldn't they just get along?

Her train of thoughts were interrupted by the familiar sound of a tapping foot on the ground. She glared at Gabe who just smirked back at her and continued. So, he wanted to play that game huh? He always forgets that he always loses. Fiona snapped and her purple pocket sized journal and pen appeared in her hand. She opened it and wrote swiftly:

'Gabe's foot sticks to the ground at exactly five seconds after now.'

She closed her journal and smirked triumphantly.

"What did you just do?" Gabe asked in fear.

"Uh, nothing." Fiona said, giving him an innocent smile.

"You just took out that voodoo thing from wherever it was and I know you've done something stupid."

She rolled her eyes at the voodoo comment.