CHAPTER 6

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. Please comment and don't forget to vote! :)

                                        13th Nov, 2316

James Reynolds's POV

"Aunt Ellie! Stay!"

                 Those words kept ringing in James's head throughout the day.
Whatever triggered Mason to utter those words, he doesn't know but, all he knew was this: no matter what he did or what he said, she just wouldn't stay "dead".

          No matter how many times he tried, she just wouldn't leave him in peace.

              He had tried. He clearly had done everything in his power to move on with his life because, she was never coming back. That's what " death" did to a person.

              He thought he had it all under the control, all memories forgotten temporarily but, still within reach until he just had to utter that name.
James sighed and raked his fingers through his brown hair. He had to call in absent at work today with the excuse of a family crisis and of course, he wasn't questioned further. After all, it wasn't a total lie; Mason was family (sort of).

                He gave a huge sigh and took a sip from his relaxing tea. The last thing he needed right now was was work load and here he was, just by being here, piling up work. He hated it so much. He suddenly wished he connected the time fluid to the time pads himself because, he wouldn't be here if he did. He wouldn't have had to lie to Amy in order to reduce suspicion.

                    Honestly, she wasn't someone to piss off and he was very good at doing that. But, it wasn't his fault. It was in his nature. One would never believe that the pair could ever be friends.

The sound of a door closing jolted him from his thoughts.

"Dad?" Sophie's voice called out.

"In here!" He yelled from the library.

                   He heard footsteps come towards him. Unfortunately, he wasn't prepared for what it would bring.

            Sophie came inside the library, her multipurpose tablet in her hand.

              Her hair was in her usual wavy hairstyle and her green eyes glowed. She wore a white turtle neck sweater and- wait, what?

       James drew in a sharp breath.

Damn.

"How many times have I told you not to wear that?!" he exclaimed.

           Sophie's demeanor changed and her smile dimmed.

"What? Because it was mom's?" she asked annoyed.

James stood to his feet and stared down at her.

"Especially because it was hers." He said firmly.

            Sophie's green eyes hardened. She was just like Elaine. A carbon copy except for the eyes. The eyes were his. She was just a living reminder of what he lost.

"Well dad, I don't actually care about your opinion on my choice of clothing. I don't tell you what to wear." she said, fury in her voice.