Chapter Sixteen

"Sinb? Sinb, where are you?" Yerin asked, receiving no answer as she searched for her phone in the darkness, aiming to use it as a flashlight to see in the brownout.

A loud crash was heard from the second floor of her home, as Yerin quit searching for her phone and instead ran to the second floor, not letting a few furniture and tables stop her as she pushed it around--

In the flash of lightning that illuminated the room from the open window, Yerin saw the love of her life sitting at a corner of the bedroom, glass shards scattered on the floor and blood spattered on the floor, as she saw the blood coming from Sinb's bare feet, bruised and wounded by the shards.

"Sinb? Sinb-yah, I'm here." Yerin said, Sinb's tear stained face looking at her direction, her eyes afraid and scared.

"E-eonnie? Eonnie, I'm scared--"

A roll of thunder set Sinb covering her eyes, crying loudly as she clutched her chest, above the scar of the gunshot wound that happened four years ago, by their friend's hand.

Yerin grabbed the boots from a closet and frantically wore it, then grabbed the medikit from the storage and rushed to Sinb's aid, closing the curtains of the window and illuminated the room using a spare candle she stowed away in case of emergencies.

She then immediately went to work, taking care of the wounds and bandaging it, her touch immediately calming Sinb down.

"I.... I'm sorry I freaked out and trashed the lamps. I got scared, I don't---"

Yerin silenced her with a soft kiss, smiling as Sinb climbed on her lap and kissed her with eagerness, but Yerin knew she wasn't okay to do intimate things.

She pulled away, hugging the younger as she rubbed her back upward and downward, calming the girl down as Sinb relaxed, though still crying.

"It's alright, Eun. Everything's alright." Yerin said, calling Sinb by her real name, which always did the trick and made her smile, which she did.

"Are you still my wife, Yennie eonnie?" Sinb said, flushing red as Yerin chuckled and nodded, knowing that's far from true.

She made Hwang Eunbi, the daughter of one of the leaders of the syndicate, believe that she was her wife when Sinb woke up with amnesia, having her memory completely forgotten after being in a comatose, from an accident that almost took her life.

Yerin wanted to hunt Moon Byul Yi down, she wanted to kill her and watch her bleed until death, but a call from Yong Sun three years ago, one year after the syndicate took hold of everything, made her change her mind.

She was angry at everyone, for they made Sinb a starting point of everything. They made Sinb a start of the syndicate's hold in Seoul, a start of the agency's downfall.

"Eonnie... If... If you are... If you are my..." Sinb said, fiddling with her fingers like a child, as Yerin chuckled and stowed away the medikit, looking at Sinb who blushed red at her gaze.

"What is it, Eun?" Yerin said, Sinb still not saying a word.

Sinb then crawled over to Yerin, and sat on top of her, startling the older as Sinb gripped Yerin's clothes tight.

Without uttering a word, Sinb leaned down and kissed Yerin, the older immediately kissing back as she massaged Sinb's thighs softly, the younger letting out a breathy moan, kissing Yerin harder---

A loud bell startled them as Sinb groaned, cursing the doorbell for ruining their moment, as she separated herself from the older, Yerin chuckling.

"You stay here, I will check--"

"Take me with you, please." Sinb said, a hint of fear on her tone as Yerin nodded, carrying her as Sinb used her phone as flashlight, illuminating the way and going out after Yerin blew out the candle.

Soon they reached the living room, and just before Yerin put Sinb down the couch, the lights went on, Yerin giving a satisfied huff--

Sinb let out a whimper as she stared at the black figure going out of the shadows---

Yerin whipped out her gun and aimed at the figure, ready to fire---

"Calm down, will you, Jung Yerin-ssi? Aren't you happy that I fixed your electric problem?" Kang Seulgi said, Yerin letting it a sigh of relief as she put her gun back in the holster---

Loud bangs of gunshots rang in the air as Yerin dove to Sinb, the younger girl whimpering as Seulgi whipped up her gun as well.

"Those aren't sounding nice, is it? It looks like they also discovered your location, Yerin-ssi---"

"What do you mean also? Who else have been discovered?" Yerin asked, giving the scared Sinb a gun as she retrieved another one, helping Sinb stand up.

"Sojung and Eunha were caught two months ago, after they visited you."

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"It's just a simple request, Joohyun-ssi." Eric Nam said, Joohyun sighing for the nth time as she drank a glass of wine.

"And for the nth time, I'm telling you, no. Even if I marry that man you say or not, you will still have a control over the syndicate, so I won't do anything that I don't want to do." Joohyun said, Moonbyul chuckling at her.

"Why don't you ask Hwang Yeji to marry the man you want, Eric? She seems to follow every order you say." Moonbyul said, but Eric angrily grumbled.

"You should just follow my orders, Bae Joohyun, unless you want those two lovebirds to die in the slave system tonight." Eric said, Joohyun widening her eyes as Moonbyul cleared her throat, unable to hide the shock she had.

"Two lovebirds? What do you mean?" Joohyun said, clenching her fist, about to lose her temper.

"Kim Sojung and Jung Eunha are their names, I remember. Caught by my men, said they were wandering near the Seoul border." Eric said casually, as Joohyun lunged at him, about to punch the syndicate leader if not for Moonbyul holding her arm.

"Calm down, Joohyun eonnie. We can play this right." Moonbyul said, as Joohyun sighed and sat down.

"You promised me that you won't touch them when I surrendered and became your stand in leader, Eric." Joohyun said, trying to keep her anger at bay.

"Yes, I did. But the grounds of their arrest wasn't intentional, but accidental. And I'm not even meeting them, so I guess I didn't violate anything--"

Joohyun punched him down, climbing on top of him and punching him hard, Moonbyul pulling her away from him.

"Oh, the guts! I like you, Joohyun-ssi. I was right in choosing you to attack the most, in choosing Hwang Eunbi to be shot four years ago. Moonbyul-ssi, control the woman if you don't want her  to be in danger, arrasseo?" Eric said, spitting out blood as Moonbyul helplessly nodded, the man going out.

"What does he mean by that, Byul?" Joohyun said, ignoring the pain on her knuckles as Moonbyul angrily dismissed the question, pulling her up--

"Answer me, Moon Byul Yi! I have all the right to be angry to you, since you shot Eunbi four years ago! Tell me, what does he mean--"

Moonbyul angrily growled and glared at Joohyun.

"I'll say it to you soon. But please, for now, listen to what Eric wants. Please. For the sake of us all."