Chapter Twenty Seven

"So you are planning your own suicide, Moon Byul Yi?" Eric said, as he once again punched the girl.

"K-Kill me... instead of her. I know you will kill Yong Sun in public, as the leader of the rebellion. But to tell you... I was the one behind everything. Remember, I was the one who shot Sinb to let them escape Seoul." Moonbyul said, as Eric chuckled.

"Very well then. Attend the ceremony, and you shall have your wish."

"You promised, Eric!"

Yong Sun trained a gun on Eric's forehead, as the other girls took guard of the people who were still on Eric's side.

"You should well know that I am not a man of my word, Yongie. Your pathetic lover offered me a way out of killing you in front of these people... Isn't that just heroic?" Eric said, a mad smile on his lips as he grinned.

Yong Sun then began to cry, slowly training the end of the gun towards her temple, threatening to shoot as Eric laughed.

"Go ahead, kill yourself. So you and your pathetic lover will have a happy ending, right?" Eric said, as Yong Sun pulled the trigger--

A bullet put the gun away from her hands, as Seulgi shot the gun, preventing her from killing herself as Irene caught her from falling while Sowon trained her gun on Eric.

"Irene, take her away from here." Seulgi said.

"But Seul--"

"Take her away. That's an order, Irene." Seulgi said, as Irene only nodded and had Sowon help her bring the distraught girl towards the van waiting for them.

"Mark-ssi, Ryujin-ssi. Can we ask your help to bring along... bring along Moonbyul's body? We want to bring her with us." Seulgi said, as Mark and Ryujin nodded, leaving the scene to comply with the request.

"I'm here already." Yewon said, together with Soyeon.

"Ah, the brains behind the operations. Maybe it's you I needed to kill, huh?" Eric said, as Yewon kicked his face, causing him to fall down.

"What should we do?" Soyeon asked, as Seulgi sighed and picked up her gun.

"We end this. No more fake deaths, no more resurrections." Seulgi said, cocking her gun and aiming it at Eric's face.

"But do you have the heart to shoot me? I know you can't. You have everyone you love now, why shoot me--"

Eric slumped down suddenly, a gunshot wound on his forehead as blood flowed on his forehead, Seulgi turning back to see Sinb.

"Sinb-yah. I didn't know you were here."

"He was going to shoot you, unnie. I saw him, a gun on his hand, and will shoot you when he finished his sentence." Sinb said, as she dropped the gun.

"Is... is it over?" Yerin said, as she limped while Joy carried Yeri on her back, her foot sprained.

"For now, let's go back to the safe house. Once Yong Sun unnie calms down, we'll decide where we'll bury Moonbyul unnie." Seulgi said, as she spread a tarp all over the dead man's body.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"B-Byul-ah..." Yong Sun uttered in her sleep, as Irene sighed and covered the girl with the comforter.

"I... I can't believe Moonbyul unnie was the target, after all." Seulgi said, as she sat next to Irene.

"I wish we could be better in our next lives, Seul..." Irene said, as Seulgi smiled--

A gunshot rang and Irene slumped down lifeless, dead as a gunshot wound to the forehead marked her life.

"I-Irene!" Seulgi said, Irene's blood all over her as she grabbed a gun and tried to find the killer--

Another gunshot rang and this time Seulgi dropped down, dead.

One by one bullets claimed the lives of the girls, with Yewon managing to escape with Yuju but shot down outside the safe house, in each other's arms in the last moments.

Thinking it was over, the men who killed them left, as Mark bent down and smiled at Irene, kissing her one last time as they took the child with them, killing its parents.

As everyone was dead, they set fire to the house, making sure that no one in the agency lived--

"Help... Please... I'll... I'll do anything..." Yong Sun begged, as she saw the girls dead all around her, mourning for everyone.

"It shall be done, Kim Yong Sun-ssi." A voice said, and a cloaked figure appeared before her, laying its hands on her head as she felt herself burning, the heat intensifying as she felt herself dead, closing her eyes--

"You shall follow people's wishes and cater to all their needs... forever. You shall be sent to an another universe, where you will suffer and atone all of your sins. You shall forget all of your memories, and will only remember the memories of that universe's Kim Yong Sun. it shall be done. "

All at once, the heat disappeared, and she found herself rising from a grave, the other graves marked with names she couldn't remember: Sojung Kim, Yewon Kim, Seulgi Kang, Joohyun Bae, and a lot others she couldn't even remember.

"You are given a task, I see. You may not remember me in the years that will pass, but I must guide you towards the universe you are assigned in. My name is Kim Chungha, and I wish you great luck."

<end>