I.

Erin POV

"Luke, hun, is it you?", I asked as I heard the small bell from the front door of the bar tingling. "Yeah, it's me.", I heard my son answering from the bar. "Be right there, just counting the remaining beer barrels in the storage room." About ten minutes later I walked up front, spotting my 25 year old slumped down in a booth, sleeping noisily. "Oh you must be shitin me... not again..." Walking over to him, I shook him awake. "Luke, honestly? Again?" I scolded him, taking in his bloodshot eyes. "Ma, don't. Twas a long night." "How often do I have to tell you to stop it? Stop selling that shit! You will get into trouble again!" "MA! I told you to stop! Please!" I rolled my eyes and sat down opposite of him. "Something bad happened?" "Ye.... no. Not really. Nothing I couldn't take care of. Don't worry. I crush upstairs , yeah?" "Yeah... but take a shower first, you smell like you were dumpster diving." Luke chuckled and got up. "I'll be down, when you open up. Love you, Ma." He bent down and kissed my head gently. "Yeah, love you too. Sleep tight." I remained still, until I couldn't hear his heavy footsteps anymore.
Looking around at my bar, I realized it still was way to early to open up, so I decided to go run some errands, like shopping, to clear up my head.

I pulled up into a parking lot at the grocery store and took a look in the rearview mirror. Today was a day I actually felt old. I was 43 years old, still far away to be considered old in the most common way, but still, I felt less daring then on other days. Checking my makeup one last time, I sighed and got out of my Pickup. Some girls in their twenties passed me and a little jealous, I watched them on their way. Being young had definitely its benefits. Everyone was looking at your rack, if you have a nice one and you have the whole wide world in front of you. Deep in my thoughts I made my way into the store.

Packed with liquor, fruits and some food to eat, I made my way back to my Pickup. Still thinking about maybe having a makeover session for my own good, I heard the unmistakable sound of Harleys. I turned around and saw four Harleys driving by. Admiring the beautiful vehicles, I watched them pulling into a spot opposite the street of me. Smiling at my own daydreams, I shook my head and put the bags with my bought goods in the back of the truck. Giving those Harley enthusiasts one last glance, I dig into my purse. I needed nicotine, the faster the better.
When I finally found my pack of cigarettes I groaned. The fucking lighter wasn't were it was supposed to be. Pissed at myself I went to my passengers side, looking in the inside for a possibility to light up my cigarette. Of course I couldn't find shit.

Chibs POV

I sat on my bike, waiting for Tig and the others who decided they need to go to that one bakery in downtown, I lit my cigarette. Looking around, taking in the busy humming of the stores, I saw a red battered Pickup. A woman in her forties slammed the passenger door shut, cursing loudly. With her back to me, some could say Gemma was standing there. Tight fitting Jeans, girly biker boots and long, wavy, brown hair. It seemed like my demons followed me everywhere. The woman, now having my full attention, turned around and I sighed. Of course that wasn't Gemma. Gemma was dead for good for years now. The woman kicked her car and stood there helplessly. I smiled and got up from my bike. Slowly crossing the street I neared myself. "Aye, need any help with yar ride?", I questioned her. The closer I came to her, I saw, what a natural beauty she was. Dark brown eyes, full lips, nice rack. She jumped a little at my question. "Oh shoot, you scared me there..." "Sorry. Not ma intention. Can I help ya?" I pointed to her Pickup. "What? Oh! No, my ride is fine. I just can't find my lighter and I am craving a cigarette." She smiled a little, seeing me blowing out smoke. I grinned at her. "Well, I can help with tha, too." I offered her a cigarette out of my pack, playing the gentleman. She took the offer and I lit her cigarette. The woman leaned against her Pickup and breathed in the smoke with closed eyes. "Oh Lord, that feels good." I leaned myself next to her against her ride. "I know." "Thank you... uhm..." "Chibs." I held out my hand for her to shake. "Erin." She introduced herself and took my hand for a quick handshake. "Thank you, Chibs." "Anytime."
Smoking silently next to another it kinda felt good. I eyed her shopping bags in the back of her truck. "Tha's a lot of liquor there. Party plans for tonight?" Erin followed my look and smiled. "Nah, just the normal trip to the store. I have a bar on the 5th street." "Huh... the Hangman's?" She nodded. "Yes, that's mine." "Haven't been there, just driving by... it's a biker bar?" "Bikers always welcome. Even those in club colors. It's a peaceful ground there.", she said, eyeing my kutte. "You're a son." "Aye." "Why don't you guys stop by these days. The first drinks are on the house." She smiled at me. "I'll take it ta the table, see if ma brothers are in." "Good." She took the last drag of her cigarette and threw the end on the street. "Thanks for the smoke Chibs. Much appreciated." "Ya're welcome Erin." She smiled at me and went to the driver's side, climbing in. I took a step away, so she could pull out of the parking lot. "Hope to see you again Chibs.", she said before she drove off.
Shaking my head, smiling at that, I made my way over to my bike. Tig was already waiting for me. "Who was that chick?", he asked interested. "The owner of the Hangman's, Erin." Tig looked at me smirking. "I leave you for ten minutes and you already made friends with a bar owner. I am impressed. You know the bar has a reputation, right?" Askingly I looked at him. "Gosh, Chibs, where are you living? Behind the moon? In that bar there have been a mass shooting, a gun fight between rival gangs, a dead stripper and so on. I thought the bar belonged to a guy named Lucius something... she doesn't look like a guy, does she?" "Maybe we should pay her a friendly neighborhood visit." Tig grinned at me.

Erin's POV

Later that day at around 10pm my bar was packed. Bikers, free riders, Metalheads, all kind of people showed up at my doorstep and asked for a cold drink. I was serving some guys at the bar, when Luke came down from our apartment upstairs. "Hey Ma. Need help?" I smiled at him. "Yeah, can you get a new beer barrel from the storage? I am busy here and the beer is almost empty." He grinned and took care of the barrel. Lucy, my part-time waitress came back to the bar. "Two beers, a gin-tonic, a whiskey on the rocks and a house special.", she sighed. "This place is packed tonight... Lord, it's a Thursday night..." I smiled at her and took care of her order. "That's what I love about my job." "Yeah, it just occurred to me that I probably won't have a break tonight..." I laughed about that and looked at my employee. "Girl, you can always go and take a quick smoke break, you know that. I won't mind." "Erin how long have I been working here? Seven months? That's the longest I have ever been somewhere and I love working for you. I won't have you working here all alone." I kissed her cheek. "And I love you for that. Here your order is ready." "Thanks boss. Love you too."
I busied myself with work, even Luke started helping behind the bar. He and Lucy were the same age, it was fun working with both if them. Luke agreed that he only calls me Erin when he's around in the bar, it made me feel less like a single mother and more like a ambitious, young woman. I put another order together for Lucy when the bell of my entrance door tingled again. Looking up I saw five guys with leather kutte's coming in, the last one I recognized immediately. With a smile I came up front from behind the bar and made my way over to them. "Good evening gentlemen. I am pleased to see you here in my fine establishment." A guy with almost black curly hair looked down on me, clearly checking me out. "Oh you don't know how pleased we are..." I grinned at him. "Well I promised to the fella right behind you guys, the first round is on the house. So if you don't mind, have a seat and I'll be right there, taking your order." Chibs, the guy I met earlier, smirked and just shook his head.
The guys from the MC took a booth close to the bar and studied the room. Lucy came to me, her eyes wide. "You let the sons stay here? They are criminals, Erin.", she whispered. "Lucy don't worry, I can handle them. By the way, maybe that's my chance to make new business partners... I need a security up front." I winked at her and hurried back to the bar to get a wet rug to clean the table, the sons were sitting at.
I rejoined the sons and cleaned up the table quickly. "So, what can I bring you guys?" I said and looked directly at Chibs. "What whiskey do ya ha'?" "Depends on how expensive you like your whiskey..." "Surprise ma." I smiled at him. "And the others?" "Beer.", they said in unison. "Alrighty. Be right back."
A few minutes later I placed a beer bottle in front of each of the sons. Then I placed a glass and a bottle of an 21 year old Glenfiddich single malt whiskey in front of Chibs. "Hope you like it." I winked at him, when he ogled the bottle. I turned around, walking halfway back to the bar, when I heard him call my name. "Erin, come back." Smiling at myself I returned to their table. "Yeah?" "How much does this bottle cost?" "About 200 bucks with shipping. Why?" All five men looked at me surprised. Only Chibs nodded appreciative. "Tha is a nice single malt." "Of course, it's one of Scottish finest. Let's see. You guys seem decent enough. Your tab tonight is on me." I smirked at his expression. He stared at me, giving me goosebumps in a positive way. "Ok, if that's all for now, I am going back to work now. If you need me just send Lucy, my waitress over to me. Have fun guys." I winked at Chibs and turned around on my heels, heading back to the bar I could hear them talking behind my back.
"Dude, is she flirting with you?", one of the guys asked rather understandably. "Dunno. We'll find out though. Shite, this is a good whiskey..."