VIII.

Erin's POV

A few weeks later Ryan and I were grocery shopping and we were running a little late. "Shit... the bar has to open in 10..." "Relax boss... the first customers don't come in before 4... don't worry!"
We put our bags into the back of my truck. "I know  I just like going through my storage to check things before the busy part starts..." "You check it every day, maybe I could do it this time... makes things easier..." I smiled at the prospect. "Yar a good kid, prospect.", I said with my  saddest Chibs imitation voice. Ryan grimaced. "That was pretty bad... his slang - nobody pulls it off like him." He laughed and got himself behind the steering wheel. Ever since he helped me out, he volunteered in driving and I granted him that favor, because he really was a big help and besides I like to feel like a girl sometimes and took care of.
Chibs made sure all of my needs and wishes were granted, he was a perfect partner for business and for a relationship. He even took care of my family and managed everything around Luke. I haven't seen him since that incident in my bar. Of course I sent him clean clothes and food supplies with the guys to the cabin, but I refused seeing him or even talking to him. I knew the day might come when we have to talk through it, but he has to get sober and right in his head first.
Ryan pulled into the street of my bar and I looked up. "What the..." My bar got vandalized - every window was broken, graffiti was on the outside. Words like "whore" "bikerslut" and "run bitch" were written all over the facade in bright red color. Ryan didn't park, he drove just by, his burner phone already on his ear. "Yo, it's me, Ryan. Someone vandalized the bar... Nope, not there... I'll drive her to Redwoody."
Tears tickled in my eyes when we passed my beloved bar.
Within a few minutes we were at the docks in front of a lot of warehouses. "Erin?", Ryan looked at me. He never said my name before, so I knew he was concerned about me. I plainly nodded at him. "We take care of this. Please don't shut any one out... You are... fuck... I see you more like my Mom than  anything else..." I looked at him and tears fell down my face. "That fucking bar was my baby...", I whispered. Ryan took my hand and parked the car next to a smaller warehouse. "Come on Mum. Let's introduce you to Redwoody.", he said and squeezed my hand sympathetically.
We got out of my truck and a door opened. Some girls in delicate clothing came out, leaded by a pretty blonde in her thirties. "Hi Ryan. Nobody is here yet. Tig called me, you guys are coming with groceries and stuff. I thought maybe you need are hand or two." She came to me and pulled me into a hug. "Poor you. Glad to meet you at least, even under these circumstances. My name is Layla and I am the producer and partner of Redwoody productions." I nodded at her, when she took my arm and guided me in. "I am Erin." "I know, Chibs doesn't shut up about you." Curious I looked at her. "You and him are close?" She smiled. "I am with the club for years now. Opie, my former husband, was one of them." I glanced at her. "Was?" A tad bit of sadness washed over her face. "Yes, he's dead."  "Oh, fuck.. sorry... I didn't mean..." "No, you didn't know.  Come on in now. I bet you need a coffee? Or do you prefer a drink, while we wait for the boys?" She led me into the warehouse and my mouth fell open. Everything called pornstar business in bere. Some things looked interesting to be honest. "I never actually was in a pornstudio before... what is... never mind... I don't wanna know..." Layla laughed at my words and guided me to a bar. The girls walzed in with my groceries followed by Ryan. I looked at the pornstars and I somehow felt out of place. "Don't worry these are nice girls to hang with.", Layla explained and then she introduced me to her girls. I knew I would never be able to recall all the  names. That's when a big transgender woman walked in, her stilettos making clicking sounds on the ground. "Layla, baby, Tig called me to come here.... what's  the..." Then she saw me. "It can't be... is she...?" Layla laughed. "Yes, that's Chibs old lady Erin." The transgender woman put her hand over her mouth. "Oh Lord almighty... you just look like... nevermind. Darling I am Venus, I am Tiggy's girl." I looked between the two woman. "You are with Tig? He never seemed the guy for a serious relationship..." Venus laughed. "As long he's just flirty and not handy I don't mind darlin." I smiled at her. "Okay, uhm, nice to meet you both. Actually it is nice to finally meet some girls... I just hang with dudes..."
Layla and Venus each took an arm of me and guided me to a table next to their small bar. I couldn't help the feeling of being safe here. Ryan and the other girls were chatting and one of the girls brought over straming hot cups of coffee. "The drinks will be ready in a few... Erin should we put your stuff in the fridge?" I nodded at her thankfully. "Feel free to use anything you need, I guess my bar stays closed today..." "I saw you have bought food... do you mind if I cook something? I saw ingredients for lasagna...", the young, blonde said. "Rosie is one of the best cooks around... you should let her work her magic... the boys love her food.", Layla informed me. "Then do what pleases you. I am in no mood to cook anyway..." With a squeal the girl called Rosie jumped up and went away, ordering two other girls to help her in the kitchen.
We three chatted away, Venus and Layla really seemed fun.
After several cups of coffee later, the guys filled in the studio. Chibs immediately made his way over to me and pulled me up from my chair. He hugged me close and kissed me, his face full of worry. "Yar alright, love?" I smiled at him. "Yeah, a little pissed and bummed, but I am fine. You granted me good company, babe." I said quietly and held him close to me. I saw Tig walking to Venus behind his back and both of them shared a chaste kiss, what actually made me smile. "You two are cute." I said to them. Venus blushed and Tig just grinned. "I know." Happy sat himself next to Layla and took her coffee and drank it. Chibs pulled a little away from me and motioned for me to sit. He took a chair and pulled it next to mine. "So after the prospect called, we all went ta yar bar. We cleaned up Luke's stuff, we let it go away... and then we called the police. We had ta, even if we don't like them. The neighborhood was already around. Ya ha ta go there later today. Love, whoever tha was, they destroyed everything... yar bar, yar apartment..." "My roof terrace?" He nodded. "Aye, even tha... they set a fire in yar apartment, too. I am so sorry." I just nodded. "Anything left? Money?" "Unfortunately not." I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. "I bet that were these fuckers who threatened my son..." "Exactly my thoughts, doll.", Tig said. "What shall I do now? Where shall I go? Fuck!", I whispered at the edge of tears again. "My plants...." Chibs laid an arm around my shoulders and rubbed my arm. "I take care of ya. Ya know tha." Then the door of the warehouse opened again an Luke ran in. "MUM?" I looked up at him and I saw him crying. Without further comment I jumped up and he ran to me, hugging me tightly. "I am so sorry Mama... Quinn told me what happened... I am sorry, so sorry...", he sobbed into my hair and we held each other close. I could tell that he's back on track, because he called me Mama again. A thing he used to when he was smaller.  Relief flooded through my body. "I am so glad nothing happened to you...", Luke said when he held me on arms length. "I help you rebuild everything. It's my fault this happened... I am going to find a job, I pay for everything... I am sorry for everything I said to you..."
The irony of this all was even if my life was torn to pieces, it brought back my son to me. Kissing his cheek I smiled at him. "Thank you." Chibs got up and went to us. Luke nodded at him. "Thank you too. You helped me even when I was being a selfish dick. And you kept my Mama safe. I owe you so much." Chibs nodded. "Aye. But you don't owe ma anything. I did it for yar Ma'."

Later Chibs drove me to the police station for my statement. It went by rather fast. The officer told me in two days they'll open the bar and the apartment for me again, now it was a crime scene and they went through with a team, searching for evidence and fingerprints.
Exhausted and tired I signed all the papers they told me to and then I returned to Chibs, who waited for the last few minutes outside of the police station. He stood there with his back to me, smoking his cigarette. Taking in his stature, I smiled. He was just to perfect. His silver hair, his black kutte above his black leather jacket, his black jeans and his motorcycle boots. Everything about him screamed danger, but to me it just clarified then and there, that over the short time I was with him I felt secure and safe. He cared for me.
Chibs was obviously deep in thoughts, taking up his hand to move some loosened strands of silvery hair out of his face. My beautiful biker. I smiled and went over to him. "Hey." He turned around to me and saw me smiling. "Yar smilin'... after ya been with the police?", he looked at me concerned again. "Oh Filip... I don't smile because of that... I smile because you." "Why?" "Because i just realized, what kind of man you are and I won't change anything of that." He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Filip, you make me happy. The buildings around me could be burning down and I still would smile everytime I see you." Chibs pulled me close, his hands on my hips. "I am glad ya think so... but I prefer non burning buildings around us...", he whispered against my lips and missed me tenderly. "Come on, love. Let's get back ta Redwoody, Layla told me dinner is ready."