IV.

Erin's POV

I came back to the roof, with a large and steaming hot bowl of pumpkin soup and a slice of fresh baked bread on a tray.
I went to the glasshouse and was kind of surprised when I didn't see Chibs sitting in there. Carefully to not spill any soup, I placed the tray on the small coffee table in front of the couch. Glancing out of the glasshouse I looked for the handsome Scot. He was indeed handsome, but in a raggedy way. Spotting him a bit further away, sitting on a box, I made my way over to him. Deep in thoughts he looked up to the sky, humming a quiet melody. "Hey, Filip. Dinner is served.", I said quietly, holding a little distance. Chibs turned around a little and looked me up and down over his shoulder. "Be right there." I just nodded and went back to the glasshouse. Well, I guess everyone has  his inner demons to fight with.
Taking my whiskey glass I downed it in one and went back to my cupboard, getting the whiskey bottle. "Smells good, Erin.", he said tiredly, standing behind me. "You should dig in, as long as it's warm. Won't have you starving here." He chuckled lightly and waited for me to sit back on the couch, before he sat himself in the spot next to me. Pouring me another shot, I looked at him from my side. "When it's getting to cold, we just could close the doors." He swallowed his mouthful and looked at me. "Are ya cold?" "Nah, it's fine. Just saying though. Leave it open for now. I want to see the stars." "I am really not used ta the silence. In our clubhouse there's always sumthin goin on, so..." "Then you are always welcome to hang here with me. I don't mind a good company here and there."

After a few minutes, Chibs bowl was empty and he layed back into the cushions. "Jesus, tha was good." He stroked his belly. I smiled at him. "Anytime. So what do we do now?" He smiled and pointed at the ashtray. "Smoke." He pulled out his cigarettes and fished out two, lit both of then and handed me one. "Thanks."
We stayed silent for a little while, until he huffed. "Sorry ta bring up the topic, but I don't like the way yar son talks ta ya. Didna his Da' teach him how ta treat women?" "Nope. He wasn't around. Actually he never had a father..." Chibs seemed irritated. "When I was eighteen I walked away from home. To many rules, to many shit. I lived in Vegas for a while. Working bars in casinos. It was a fun time. That's when I met Jerry. A co-worker. Good looking, charming. His blond locks... We hooked up. Three months later I found out I was pregnant. Jerry quit his job and left. I couldn't find him anywhere, so I moved back to my parents. Catholics. When they found out I got knocked up it was way worse than when they found out I was a bartender. They said I was a dishonor for the whole family. So I ended up here. I remembered having an uncle here, I tried my luck. And he took me in." "Tha ain't easy living..." "Nope, but it worked." He grinned and put out his cigarette in the ashtray. "Do ya mind if I take off my shoes and my jacket and such?" "No, go ahead." Chibs sighed when he shrugged down his kutte. Carefully he placed the item over one armchair. Seeing him carrying a gun in a holster, I squirmed a little in my set. "All right lass?" "Yeah, just a little nervous around guns, to be honest..." "Oh, I am sorry... I better put my kutte back on then..." "No, no it's fine... I want you to feel comfy. Just... put the gun on the small side table next to your spot on the couch. I don't need yo see that thing the whole time." Chibs looked at me askingly. "Bad experiences?" "My uncle got gunned down in front of my eyes." "Shite, aye, I heard about it..." Chibs unbuckled the holster and laid the gun on the table next to him. Then he moved to take off his leather jacket, showing off a black button up shirt. He loosened two buttons and then he took off his dusty boots. "Awesome... honestly tha's the best thing every night. Getting out of these goddamn shoes..." he said and laid back in the cushions, massaging his neck. "I hear you, buddy. Try walking the whole fucking day with heels..." Chibs chuckled. "You just could wear boots without heels..." "But I am tiny! I barely can look over the bar then!" Chibs started laughing out loud. "Lass, ya are cute... and by the way... I think ya are quite tall enough for me..." We shared a glance. "I know it sounds weird... but... uhm... just theoretically... how would you react when a woman you barely know snuggles up to you?" Blushing hard, I waited for his answer. "Come on, what ya waitin for. We both had a shitty day, why not enjoy the last bit of it." He shifted slightly at the couch and patted his lap. "Come 'ere."
I smiled, still blushing like crazy, but I didn't dodge and slipped closer to him, snuggling into his side. Chibs sighed contentedly, when I laid my head on his chest. Without a word we continued looking at the stars, his hands drawing patterns on my arm.

The next thing I knew was me waking up, cuddled tightly into his side. It was still dark outside, so I assumed it must be early in the morning. Yawning I sat up a little. Instantly I felt cold and I took a blanket from the back of the couch and laid it over the both of us. Chibs was snoring softly, his mouth a little ajar. It was so cute, I couldn't help myself and planted a chaste kiss on the corner of his lips. His reaction shocked me though. He pulled me close, embracing me in his arms, and holding my head steady, returning the kiss. It was a warm and longingly kiss and when he pulled away, he smiled still with his eyes closed and rested his head in the crook of my neck. Shortly after that I could hear his soft snores again. What the hell?
His embrace and being near to him lulled me into a deep slumber.

The next morning a loud sound woke us. Looking pretty irritated, we both jumped up from the couch and glanced around. Luke was standing on my roof terrace and it seemed like he threw a flower pot on the floor. "Are you out of your goddamn mind Luke?" I hurried over to the plant on the floor. "That was my self-bred monstera deliciosa. You know how expensive they are!" I whined and tried to take care of my plant.
Chibs came over too and glared at Luke. "Apologize ta yar mother." "Why? You ain't my father... you are some biker asshole, who treats my mum like shit in a few weeks... why the fuck should I listen to you scumbag?" I got up fast and looked at Chibs. To calm him down I laid my hand on his arm. He just nodded, breathing briefly. Then I turned around to my son and slapped him in the face. "Don't you ever talk to me again like that! After what I've done for you! If it wasn't for me, you probably would be dead! And it happens that I quite like having the Scot around. So you better arrange living with it, because he will be over a lot more."
Luke held his cheek, clearly showing a red handprint. "Ma..." "No.you heard me. Now leave me alone." He looked from one to another and took off. The minute he was gone I started whining. "Fuck that hurt..." Chibs laughed dryly and took my hand in his, gently examining it. "If ya hadn't done tha, I would..." "I know that is why I did it... mine hurt his ego though." Chibs shrugged and kissed my palm. "Yar hand is fine." I blushed hard.

Some time later
We were now downstairs sitting in my bar. "So what can we actually do about these guys?" "Well I think I should be here when they come. I could tell them, that we're partners and they don't want to mess with us." "Oh yeah... about the partner thing..." I blushed again. "We still need some security." "I'll take care of that, lass. We will have one guy down here on the weekdays and on weekends you will see two ugly faces of us." "The costs?" "A free tab, and maybe 50 bucks per night?" "Make it 45 and we have a deal." She smiled at me. "Don't look at ma like tha... I am a sucker for yar smile..." "I figured... okay, Filip. I would welcome it when you would be here tonight when the guys are coming over. I can't close my bar for forever. And tonight is a Saturday, we have a local band playing in here." "I'll be there. Probably with Quinn and Tig or Happy. All right, the prospect is outside, he takes care of ya guys, till we come back later." "Okay. Sounds good. Thank you Filip. Luke don't you have something to say?" Luke just glared at Chibs and I sighed. "Sorry, he still is playing 5-year-old.", I said and walked Chibs out to his bike, nodding at the young man next to the door. Chibs saddled his bike and put his helmet and sunglasses on. "I'll see ya later, Erin." He smiled at me and wanted to start the engine, when I jumped forward and laid my hand over his. "Wait... do you remember anything from last night?" He shook his head no, with a little glint in his eyes. I knew he was lying then. "Then let me help recall a little." I flirted and leaned over, kissing him softly. Chibs smiled into the kiss and yanked me into his lap, holding me close. When we parted, both of us breathing heavy, he grinned widely. "I need ta go... but I expect more of tha when we see us again, love." I giggled but nodded anyway. "Safe ride. See you later." He winked at me, started the engine and pulled out of the lot. Not waiting for him to drive away, i turned around and called for the prospect. "Prospect! Let's get in... a lot of work to do and you better help or Luke chews you alive today..."