Chapter Five

"Wake up Y/N or else you'll be late for practice!" My mom says, shaking me awake.

She knew that Denki and I practice together since our quirks were alike. I let out a groan to indicate I was up and listened to her leave. After I hear my door close I get up and pick out an outfit.

While rushing down the stairs I catch a glance at my phone. 5 missed calls? From Denki?! I click 'call back' and listen to it ring. "Hey Y/N, you finally called back. I was wondering if you wanted to get a coffee or something before we practiced." He asks.

I smile even though he couldn't see it. "Yeah of course." I couldn't stop but think about how hard I've been falling for this blonde dork.

"Y/N?" He asks.

"Huh?"

"You were spacing out, I was asking where you wanted to go." He says with a small chuckle.

I think for a moment. "The cafe in the middle of town, be there in 15?"

"Yeah, no problem, it's all on me by the way. See you in 15." He says and hangs up.

My mom raises an eyebrow at me as I reject breakfast this morning. "What's got you all worked up?" She questions.

I let off a wholesome smile. "Oh nothing, Denki is just bringing me out for breakfast before practice."

She looks me up and down. "New jacket?" She asks.

I look down and realize who's jacket I'm wearing, it was Denki's from the carnival. "Oh uh, yeah." I say, "I gotta go. We're supposed to go back to U.A dorms next week, just letting you know."

I dash out of the house and finally take a deep breath. 'What am I going to say? I never gave his jacket back and I'm wearing it now... I know! I'll say I completely forgot..' I think as I approach the cafe.

Denki had already gotten there and ordered a table. "Hey Y/N," he looks at my outfit, "black and white shirt with a black leather jacket? Who could that jacket belong to?"

I smile at the tease. "Oh really, here," I take it off and hold it out to him, "you can have it back."

He shrugs and takes it. "If you say so.. sit and we'll order coffee."

I seat myself and stare off into space. I've been with Denki before but for some reason it's different today. "Is this a date?" I ask.

Denki smiles and motions a waiter to us. "Only if you want it to be, but otherwise it's just breakfast." He says.

"I'll take a vanilla latte with sugar and milk." Denki says to the waiter and faces me.

"I'll have (favorite coffee) please." I say.

The waiter takes notes and silently leaves. I take out my phone to cut the awkward silence between Denki and I. He watches as I smile at something. "So Y/N... who do you like?" Denki asks.

I look away and blush. "Nobody, why?"

"Liar."

"No-"

"You always look away when you lie."

I sigh in defeat. "It's none of your business." I groan.

'Denki is who but he will never know.' I sink in my seat. I'm embarrassing myself over stupid things.

He knocks my foot down from my knee. "Hey you-" I was stopped by the unexpected.

Denki leaned over the table and planted a kiss dead center on my lips. I pull back from embarrassment. "Denki.. why did you..?" I begin to say.

"It's me, isn't it?" He says.

I look away for a moment. "Shut up. It's you, okay." I say with anger.

He let's off a big smile and leans back in his seat with satisfaction. "See," he spreads his hands, "I've been right the whole time."

I slouch in my seat and scoff. "Asshole." I grumble and wait for our drinks.