Chapter Seven

I plop in the seat across from Denki. "What will you two have today?" The waitress asks.

"Large vanilla latte with milk and sugar." Denki replies and turns to me.

I stop for a moment and think. "I'll have a (favorite coffee)"

The waitress nods and leaves to get our drinks. "I actually can't believe you said yes to a second try at the cafe." Denki jokes.

I take out my phone. "It's fine but just no kissing me in public." I tease.

He smiles. "Okay that was- I should've thought about that."

I laugh and nod. So he did know what he should've done. I smile and continue doing whatever it was I was doing on my phone.

The waitress comes up to us with our drinks. "Anything else right now?" She lightly asks.

I shake my head. "Not that we have in mind. Thank you though." I say.

She nods and walks off, leaving it just Denki and I. "Damn my hands hurt." I say looking down at them, "practice really kicked my ass today."

I hold them out to show him how red they had gotten since practice. He chuckles. "Well it's not my fault you said you could handle it."

I give him a scowl. "And I can handle it, thank you very much." I mumble and take a sip of my coffee.

"Y/N?" Denki says in a low tone.

"Hmm?"

"Would you like to come over for dinner sometime during next break?" He asks.

I shrug. "Depends, what's your family like?"

I knew I didn't like people who are rude and snobby. "They're really nice and it's one of the types of family that has to have family dinners once a month."

I smile, the perfect family. "Sure, it sounds good."

He smiles and sips on his coffee. We sat in silence for a little bit. I'm not sure how long it had been quiet but it felt like eternity. I broke the silence when I noticed Denki staring at me. "What, Pika?" I question.

He shakes out of his deep gaze and smiles again. "Oh, you're just too cute to handle."

I groan with aggravation. He better stop playing these cute games with me, it's starting to annoy me. The waitress comes back. "How are your drinks? Would you like anything else?" She asks.

I begin to suspect something with her. I didn't know what it was but I could tell she wasn't ordinary. "Ah, it's delicious... could we get the check?" I say. I wanted to leave as soon as possible.

She nods and walks away. As she walks away I could tell there was a knife in the back of her shoe, tucked by her pant leg.

"Why are we leaving already?" Denki asks.

I shush him and nod outside to show him I would tell him once we left. The minute we step outside he asks me, "what's your problem?"

I keep looking forward. "I think the waitress was a villain or something, she had a knife in the back of her pants." I say calmly.

If the woman was watching us out of the window I don't want to give any indication that I had suspected a thing. If she was a villain and came after us, we can't do much with our quirks without getting in trouble.

Denki sighs. "You always suspect stuff that's negative."

I let it go and continue walking. "I'm tired." I yawn and stretch my arms.

"Are you kidding?" Denki asks.

I smile, "hell no. I'm always tired."

He laughs and stares at me. "You're cute." He says randomly.

I blink at him. "What?"

He smiles and throws an arm around me. "You're so cute!" He repeats.

I notice him looking down at stuff I don't want him to. I huff, "stop looking there."

He looks away and apologizes. After that we don't talk until we get back to the dorm rooms. "I'm so tired." I mumble and rub my eyes, "my dorm is so far away it's on the top floor."

Denki smiles and looks around. "Nobodys around so..." he picks me up bridal style and runs to his room. He locks the door behind him so nobody would barge in. "Since you usually pass right out when you're tired I figured you could just sleep here."

I knew he just wanted to cuddle with me so I went with it. He was cute when he tried lying. "Don't try anything or else I'll throw your ass out that window," I say and point to the window across the room.

He smiles and nods. "Its a deal."

I mentally huff and lay down, immediately dozing off.