Chapter Twelve

"Hey, Denki, I really like this series!" I say pointing to a stack of books I placed on the table.

Denki walks over and gives a weary look at the stack. "All of them?" He asks.

I nod. "If that's okay with you, that is."

He smiles. "Of course it is," he places a hand on my head, "anything for my babygirl."

I let off a small smile, I hated him spoiling me but I guess today I'd deal with it. "Where do you want to eat after this?" He asks.

"Maybe (favourite place)?" I ask.

Denki nods, "that's what I was thinking too."

"Hey, isn't that Deku?" I point to a green haired boy at one of the shelves.

As if he heard me, the boy turns around and smiles. "L/N, Kaminari," Deku says and waves at us.

"Hey, Midoriya," Denki smiles and waves back, "are you here by yourself?"

"Okay I have a book, I'm read-" a girl turns the corner and stops, "L/N!"

I smile as I realized it was one of my old best friends, (bestfriend name/ bsf/n). "Hey!" I say, "you guys know each other?"

We give each other tight hugs. (BSF/N) shrugs, "I met him the other day when I came here and now we're kind of friends, and I know him." She points at Denki.

"You know my boyfriend?" I ask her. I made the boyfriend part obvious in case she liked him.

"Your boyfriend eh-" her face brightens, "not that I like him or anything! Good for you!"

I smile as Denki holds the side of my waist in a side hug. "We started dating not too long ago... I helped her find a shop about a week ago," Denki explains to me.

I nod my head, "if I knew you were around, I would've asked if you wanted to hang out."

We bond over a few things for a little before walking off. I could hear Denki and Deku sighing. "They're seriously going to walk off without a goodbye or anything?" Denki complains.

I throw up a "one minute" gesture to (bsf/n) and run back to Denki. "We're probably just going to be looking at some clothing stores at the mall," I explain while giving him a big hug then kissing him, "I'll call you when we're done. I love you!"

"So what brought you back here?" I ask (bsf/n) as we walk to the mall.

She rubs the back of her neck like she was nervous. "Well," she starts it out, "my parents are back."

I could barely hear her voice. "Your parents?" I ask.

Around six years ago, her parents were found to be villains to many horrific crimes and arrested. (Bsf/n) was taken in as an orphan, she stayed at the orphanage until she ran away numerous times. Nobody took her in from the fear of her being a villain too.

"I can't talk about it," she mumbles.

"But if they're back then we-" she cuts me off.

"I think I should go," she says.

Before I knew it, she had run off into the crowded alleyways. I sigh and walk my way back to Denki and Deku.

Something is off. "Y/N!" I hear a scream.

I check around me but see nobody I know. "Where is it?" I mutter.

My eyes focus on an alleyway to the left of me. I could see someone struggling against someone. I hear my name being screamed again. I rush towards the alleyway. The closer I get, the more my eyes focus on who it is.

(Bsf/n) had made it back to Denki before I did. She had him thrown to the grown as she struggled to get up. "Tough boyfriend I'd admit," she says to me before looking at me, "but he's no match for me!"

The quirk she developed was the ability to navigate smoothly and quickly. Depending on the energy she had, she could move faster than 70mph.

She starts running my way. I quickly try to hit her as she's running but she quickly dodges and slides behind me.

A secondary ability she had was to cast daggers into her hands whenever she desired. A quirk passed down from her grandfather, a very powerful villain.

I hear the particles of the dagger forming and dive in front of me to avoid the thrust. "Damn you!" She screams and glides her arm as I doge.

Just knock her out and grab Denki. Call the pros as soon as you get out of here. Just get out of here.

I feel a spark in my finger tips. I knew what my next move would be. I was going to attack her this time.

Her daggers are made of metal so if I let out electricity at the right time, I should knock her out. She didn't know my quick does she?

I bend my knees as she gets ready to lunge for her attack. "Stupid," she grumbles.

She noticed my plan for the attack and switches up her moves. I could feel a large pain in my head by the time I was able to dodge. She kicked me.

My sight darkens as I fall to the side. My childhood bestfriend had changed. The girl who was always helping others and who hated her parents' crimes, was now a villain herself.

"Why?" I was able to croak before hitting the ground and passing out.

Sorry for being so inactive, I promise to update more. I'm so sorry