Real Life Dreaming

Viggso was calling and the excitement was palpable in the house. All four of them were amused that in their dotage their behaviour could be considered teenage like but they couldn't help themselves. Benny had smuggled Bjorn and Anna's bag out early in the morning while Anna was in the bathroom and Bjorn was distracted by e mails and then Frida had gone out with theirs while Anna was making breakfast. She did her usual job of filling the truck with snacks and drinks and they packed plenty of food to take with them for the day, they only had a small stove there so they planned accordingly and took food that only needed cooking in one pot, Benny remembered fresh milk and another box of matches before asking Anna if they could take some kindling to start the wood burner in the living room. Anna was delighted at the thought and went to get a box for Benny to put it in.
By 0800 they were all ready and raring to go, they just couldn't wait anymore. They could not explain what the pull of Viggso was or even why they had all loved it so back in the day but clearly there had been no change in the affection they all held for it.
They discussed how best to leave the compound and it was decided that Benny would sit in the front with Bjorn as they had potentially been seen together before, entering and leaving and the two girls would sit behind the screens in the back, they would then find somewhere safe to swap around if they wanted to.
That decided Anna went to look at the screens and see who was out there, she could see three so she considered that to be a good start to the morning. She rang Linda and chatted with her for a while, sharing her joy and excitement. She spoke to the girls and listened to them chat about their day that they had planned and then as she walked into the kitchen they demanded to talk to their grandad so she grinned and gave him the phone. It was still so new and miraculous to them all that he was here and staying that they demanded to talk him everyday. Bjorn for his part grabbed the phone eagerly and chatted away animatedly, this was equally new to him and he was delighted to have them all in such close proximity and to be able to talk to them so readily.
Anna was shrugging into her coat by the time he had finished and he hastily helped her with her boots before putting his own boots on, he carried his coat as he would be driving and didn't want to put it on. Anna however, felt the cold and he had already started the truck to warm it up for them all. Frida was just as excited as everyone else. The four of them had done road trips together often and she had loved them, it had been decades since they had done one and she was longing to see Viggso again, she was glad that Anna had gone with Bjorn and she understood why Anna had picked Viggso to tell Bjorn that she had cancer it was the perfect place. Full of peace, serenity and comforting memories but it was time for them all to go together to continue making their peace and building their new world.
In hindsight the journey to Viggso turned out to be as important as the actually being there, the girls sat in the back chatting and giggling and choosing random music to listen to. The boys were content to listen and join in when they got chance, neither of them could help the smiles on their faces as they basked in the comfortable familiarity and thanked their stars that they had this chance to live their dreams. Both of them didn't think that they would ever accept that this was their new normal and that the girls wanted to be with them just as much. The memories of so many other trips like this assailed them and it felt odd, in some ways it felt just like yesterday that they had done this last, Bjorn thought it must be over 40 years since they had all been here together because in the latter years of ABBA the girls did not come. After the divorces it had just been him and Benny, they had bought Lena and Mona once and much to their chagrin it had not felt at all right and they had been unable to write a note or a lyric. They had not tried again but they had both stubbornly hung on to Viggso as a monument to ABBA and their regrets.
Never in their wildest dreams had they imagined that they would one day be all four reconciled and travelling to Viggso to write again and perhaps to sing a little. From the girls point of view it was much the same, it just felt so right to be making the journey to Viggso all together. They were the happiest that they had been for years and for her part Anna held Frida's hand tightly and enjoyed the freedom of the ride, of knowing for today at least the world was her oyster. Last time she had made this journey she had been weighed down by the truths she had yet to tell, this time there were no secrets and no lies and the sense of peace she felt could not be denied.
They arrived at Viggso in good time and in particularly content moods, Frida was the first one out of the truck in her eagerness to see the little cabin, she also had not been here for over 40 years, Benny laughed at her gently as he climbed out of the truck and caught her hand "Benny, it hasn't changed, it looks just the same" she remarked quietly "No, we wanted it to not change, before Bjorn bought Vallentuna back it was all we had left" Benny admitted."We both needed it to be the same as it always was" Bjorn came round the front of the truck shrugging into his coat "You ok Frida?" he asked gently "I was expecting it to have changed, to be a different colour, something but it's the same. I just can't get over it" she sighed. "No wonder it broke Anna" she shook her head and jumped a little as Anna came up behind her and slid an arm round her waist "Isn't it amazing darling? I'd forgotten how beautiful it was until I came the other week. I'm so happy we are all here" Anna went to grab Bjorn's hand and tugged him eagerly down the path "Come on Bjorn, I didn't get to see the outside really last time. I want to see" he opened his mouth to remind her that they HAD been outside a lot the last time they had been here but he was quick enough to catch her subtle grin and the swift shake of her head as they negotiated the path "What's wrong with you?" he hissed at her "Benny and Frida deserve to see it alone first baby, like I did. Imagine if they have the same reaction as us" Anna looked up at him her eyes sparkling with laughter Bjorn chuckled and said "I hadn't thought of that. Good call baby" He slowed their pace not wanting to wear Anna out and when they got down onto the sand he headed towards a group of stones that they always used to sit on. They settled with Anna watching the sea and Bjorn sitting side on facing her, he watched her profile and he was reminded of the day that he had coffee with Linda and had come out of the cafe to be faced with Linda's profile looking out to sea just like this. He remembered not knowing how Anna was. He remembered his hopelessness and his emptiness, he couldn't help his tears of gratitude as he watched over Anna. She turned her head and her eyes softened with love for him, he knew it and he couldn't imagine what he had done to deserve her devotion. He took her hand and said "I do love you Anna baby" she smiled beautifully "and I love you darling" she wound her fingers tightly through his and lifted their joined hands to her lips and kissed them. "Bjorn, don't cry anymore" she whispered "Happy tears Anna, grateful tears" he told her reassuringly. She smiled and leaned forward to kiss him and he met her more than halfway. Their kiss started as peaceful and life affirming for both of them and it didn't take long for it to turn into something filled with want, with mutual need and with this reawakened passion that had always bubbled under the surface with them, even through their darkest times. Bjorn smiled against her lips as she burrowed her way into him and he wrapped his arms tightly around her. They didn't break contact until Anna pulled free gasping a little "Bjorn, I'm outside on the beach and you're kissing me! Outside with no walls" "I absolutely am" he agreed "Its amazing isn't it? I'm going to keep kissing you too" Her eyes sparkled with laughter and something deeper that he instinctively recognised, her husky "God I love it when you're bossy" confirmed his thoughts and he was immediately and painfully rock hard. Anna gave him no respite and said "I'm 67 you know and yet here I am seriously considering letting you have your wicked way with me on the beach because I WANT you too. It doesn't seem to matter that it's freezing cold and anyone could see us" Bjorn glared at her "Anna, feel what you've done to me. How can I possibly walk back in like this?" "That still turn you on then?" she asked teasingly "Yes!!" he growled. He grabbed her hand and let her feel his predicament. He watched her eyes darken and he said "I'm fucking 72 Anna and I react to you exactly the same now as I always have baby" There was an unexpected silence as Anna appeared to be considering something and Bjorn twitched a little as he waited and fought to calm his libido. There was no hope of that when Anna finally broke the silence and said "I trust you to keep me safe" and put the hood of her poncho up and sorted her poncho out so that it covered both of them. Bjorn was momentarily confused until he felt her fingers undoing his belt "Jesus Anna what are you doing?" she didn't answer him she just carried on and when she'd loosened his trousers enough and her fingers crept in to encircle him gently he saw stars. She was clever, you would never know what she was up to, he was covered by her poncho as she faced him resting on her knees and she whispered in his ear "What I really want to do is...." she proceeded to remind him of one of his favourite activities with her and how much she really knew him and his needs better than anyone else ever had. He struggled to speak "Anna, if you carry on like this I'm going to disgrace myself right here and now" "I'll share your disgrace baby" she told him huskily "I want your disgrace and I'm drenched for you. Let me give you at least half your fantasy and let me live some of mine" "You WANT this?" he choked out "No one can see what I'm doing under my poncho, I'm just sat here facing you and talking. I want this. I want you. I always will." She did not show him mercy but she was gentle, she leaned closer to his ear again and told him exactly how much she wanted him and he in turn slid his hand between her jean clad legs and felt dampness beyond anything he was expecting through denim, she moaned and he growled "next time we do this...." she interrupted him "Yes, I know long dress and no underwear, like I used too. I'd love it. I'll do it" Right there, that was the point of no return and Bjorn finally broke down and begged "Please baby, have some mercy on an old man" and he wrapped his arms around her to remain sat up as he gently lost control.
She cuddled him as he fought to breathe normally and regain at least some of his equilibrium "Why Anna?" he asked as he got enough breath back to speak "God knows I'm not complaining but baby" he shook his head not knowing quite how to finish. She sat back and looked at him "Because I'm alive Bjorn. Because I didn't think I would be. Because I want to live every dream I had about you and with you and I want to relive everything we've already done. When I die I want to have no regrets. I want to give you everything and if I go before you we will both have the best memories, not tainted by me being ill" she squeezed his hand "I will beat this Bjorn or at least learn to live with it, but now I've lived longer than I thought I would I want to do all the things I never thought I'd get to do. Does it make sense to you?" He tilted her chin up so he could see her eyes and he kissed her gently. "Absolutely baby, I get it" "and I want to live every bit of it with you" she added for good measure. He tucked her into his arms again and said "I'm a lucky old man Anna and I'll live everything with you right by your side baby, you're so bloody brave you know" Anna wiped away a tear and said "I'm not brave, I'm terrified of so much but I do want to try. I do want to. Look what can happen, it was one of my last wishes to see Viggso once more and now here I am twice and with all of you and maybe today Benny will play. I am blessed" she gently helped him make himself decent as she talked.
Bjorn and his Anna indulged in one of those hugs where time was immaterial, it didn't matter. They were warm under Anna's poncho and taking in everything about that hug so that they could both remember it. It was gently interrupted by Benny and Frida walking down the beach hand in hand "Just came down to see if you two had fallen asleep, it's freezing" Benny said with gentle concern. "Just enjoying being on the beach without being terrified" Anna said chuckling "but you're right I'm starting to feel cold" Bjorn helped her to stand and then got up himself, he brushed himself off of sand and said "Yeah it's cold but worth it" He held his hand out for Anna and she took it "How was it for you Frida?" he asked as they walked back up the beach "Oh Bjorn it's so bloody lovely, nothing is changed. I'm so happy to be here with you three." She took Bjorn's free hand and squeezed it tightly holding on as the four of them walked up the beach in a little line.
Frida and Benny had gone straight into the cabin while Bjorn and Anna had gone down to the beach and while Frida was not quite as emotional as Anna had been she was utterly delighted to be there, she had gone straight into her and Benny's bedroom and had a lump in her throat as she realised it had not changed a bit, it was beautiful. She and Benny had indulged in one of those hugs that fixed every issue then keeping an eye on Bjorn and Anna out on the stones, they could just see the top of Bjorn's head they proceeded to unload the truck so all the surprises remained just that for a little while longer and their bags went into their respective rooms. Benny lit the wood burner as it was cold inside the cabin but as it was so small it wouldn't take long to heat up. Frida remembered to text Linda and Christian to say that they had arrived safely and all was well. Benny put the electric radiators on in the bedrooms and then they were set. Once everything was sorted to their satisfaction they decided to wander down to the sea and check on Anna and Bjorn, the weather was bitter and they both knew Anna's propensity to fall asleep when she was with Bjorn.
On their return to the cabin Anna was very grateful to find that it was toasty warm inside and that Benny had lit the wood burner. She took off her outdoor gear and her boots then made a pot of tea, enough for everyone and carried it into the little sitting room and popped it on top of the wood burner to keep warm. She went back for cups and milk and checked that the door was locked on her way by then she settled on the sofa with her legs tucked underneath her. Bjorn swore that he saw her soul settle as she looked around the room and took them all in and the view and the terrible 1970's sofa and now vintage décor, he saw her eyes smile and though she never said a word he knew without doubt that his Anna had finally found her peace.