Bringing Her Back From The Darkness

The weekend was spent mostly sleeping for Anna, Signe and Esther had got over their colds and could come and see her, this made her happy and a long time was spent cuddling with them. Anna had forced Bjorn to leave her and go out with Benny or the kids, she had pointed out that all she was doing was sleeping and he needed a break, she didn't want him to become ill. He resisted at first and wanted to stay with her all the time and while she was incredibly touched she had insisted that he sleep with her at night times and maybe for a nap in the day but she wanted him to relax and be Bjorn once more and do his stuff, catch up with everything he'd missed for her and then tell her all about it when he came back to her.
Frida and Benny had taken him riding on the Saturday afternoon leaving Anna in the capable hands of Linda, as he was the more experienced rider out of them he had taken Sanderson and Benny and Frida had taken Fernando and Elin, all three horses were desperate for the exercise and they were out for well over 2 hours. Bjorn could not deny that upon his return he felt invigorated and the cobwebs had cleared, despite his initial misgivings he had to admit that Anna had been right to push him out.

He and Benny had taken over the kitchen on the Saturday evening and cooked what they fancied, fried herrings with mashed potato, parsley butter and lingonberries and the smell was amazing, he was also planning to do an enormous pan of sausage and macaroni ready for the family Sunday, if Anna could do it then he wouldn't let her down, he would do it too. He hadn't had much practice catering for huge amounts of people but sausage and macaroni was a great meal of his childhood and he thought everyone would love it and it would be an easy start until he had more practice. He was interrupted in his thoughts by Benny nudging him gently and he turned to see Anna shuffling into the room in her pajamas and dressing gown he opened his mouth to remonstrate with her and Benny poked him again and he thought better of it "It smells good Bjorn" she said gently "You want a little bit baby?" he asked "its nearly ready" "I'm hungry but my mouth is sore" she looked sad "but I wanted to tell you it smelled good" she smiled at him "How about we mash a little bit of the herring into the potato and soften it with the butter darling?" Benny suggested "Are you tired baby?" Bjorn asked "I am but I'm bored and lonely so I thought maybe I could sit on the sofa with you all if that's ok?" she didn't seem sure about her reception "Of course its ok Baby, can't think of anything that I'd like more" Bjorn told her "I thought maybe you all needed a bit of a break from me, I haven't been very nice to you all and I'm sorry" she looked like she was about to burst into tears and Benny stepped in "Enough of that" he said firmly "you've been up there too long on your own thinking and getting yourself tied up into knots. We thought you were sleeping, you will come and sit with us and Bjorn will do you a little dinner and you can try, then Bjorn will tell you what he will cook tomorrow and we are going to watch a movie together. I'm going to get Frida" with that he went upstairs to wake Frida who had gone up to take a nap.
Bjorn wrapped her gently in his arms "Is that how you think I feel baby? I'm sorry if I've made you feel that way, it couldn't be further from the truth" she was honest "No, but its how you should feel, I've been horrible" she sighed "but I feel better and I want to be with you" "Anna, you haven't been horrible, you've been ill, it's different and I'll never not want you with me" he reassured her. He was rewarded with her smile and she said "I'll try and eat a little bit like Benny said" so she found a small deep bowl and Bjorn mashed a bit of fish and mixed it in with some potato. "bit of butter?" he asked "Yes please and I'll find some ice cream later" she said. They were interrupted by Benny and Frida wandering into the kitchen "Bjorn whatever it is you've cooked, it smells amazing" Frida said "I hope so" Bjorn worried "it's been so long since I've really done any cooking" "Come on" Benny said "let's settle, I'm hungry there must be a good film on" Frida and Benny settled on one sofa and Bjorn fussed around Anna until she was comfortable then went back to get the food. He finally settled himself and started eating while Benny and Frida bickered about what film to watch, as he ate his first mouthful he was quite pleased with himself it tasted really quite nice and he caught Anna's eyes on him "You should have more confidence in yourself you know" she took a spoonful of her mash and ate it carefully "even I think it tastes good and all I can taste is metal" she grinned despite herself and said "that didn't sound quite like I meant it I'm sorry" Bjorn chuckled "best complement I've had for ages, keep going baby you need to eat" Frida was already half way through hers and she agreed with Anna "you should cook more Bjorn and you Benny, this is good, I'm impressed" "I find myself wanting to nowadays, I need to practice though. I'm looking forward to it" Bjorn said "I'm going to make sausage and macaroni for tomorrow do you think they'll like it?" he asked "Mama used to make it when we had lots of people coming. Will it be OK?" he looked unsure "Sounds lovely baby" Anna told him "I haven't had it for years, I might fancy a bit of that. I'm glad you're up to it Bjorn, I'm not sure I have it in me to cook tomorrow but I want to see everyone" she finished her mash and pulled her legs up onto the sofa snuggling into Bjorn's side "Can we watch the news before the film" she asked "I haven't got a clue what's going on" Frida picked up the remote and put the TV on "not sure you want to Anna darling, it's all depressing" They had ten minutes to wait so Benny got up and took everyone's dishes and took them into the kitchen, he collected ice cream for Anna and a slice of cake each for everyone else and carried it into the living room.
Just as they all settled again and Bjorn had finished wrapping a blanket around Anna because she was feeling the cold the news came on and the first headline was Bjorn's divorce, the second was Benny's divorce. Frida went to turn it over but Anna said "No leave it, let me see it. I've missed a week of this, I need to know what we are all up against, I need to know what lies are being told" so she settled back into Bjorn's embrace and proceeded to glare her way through the first segment and started a furious mumble when it descended onto what could only be termed as sensationalist nonsense that relied heavily on Lena's version of events, by the time the story had come to an end Bjorn could feel that she was wound up and tense, she searched for his hand and wound her fingers through his tightly "Hardly any of that was true Bjorn, that's a character assassination of the highest order. I know Benny said you were having a rough time of it last week but I had no idea how bad it was" she sighed but much to Bjorn's surprise she did not get upset or retreat, she carried on watching the second article on Benny which very much had Mona's fingerprints all over it. Overall Benny and Bjorn both emerged from the articles absolutely trashed and humiliated "it's all over the papers as well" Frida said quietly "and online, it's everywhere. They don't deserve this"
Anna was furiously angry but had learnt over the years to do nothing in haste so she said "We knew it would be bad, we said we were ready but I admit that was vicious" she paused in thought. Bjorn jumped in worriedly "I don't care Anna, I don't care as long as I have you and the kids baby. Don't get scared" Anna soothed him "Bjorn darling hush. You have me, you have the kids." "But I've bought your worst nightmares right to you, you might decide I'm not worth all this" he responded grimly "Bjorn I've already lived through all of my worst nightmares and I'm still here. I won't leave you I promise. We are all in this for the long haul baby. Some things are just worth everything" she pressed a gentle kiss on his cheek "but when I'm better they all better watch out because I'm gunning for them. No one will get away with telling such scurrilous lies about you or Benny" she looked at Frida who nodded firmly and hugged Benny "but it's all true for me Anna, it's only when I'm with you all that I'm not a raging alcoholic and the rest sorts itself out only with Frida" he blushed but there were no secrets between them at this moment. Anna scowled and said "be that as it may Benny, that's private between you and Frida and Mona has no business whatsoever splashing it over the papers and neither has Lena" she grinned "its actually slander and a total lie now for both of you. You both just needed the right girls" she said cheekily. Bjorn burst out laughing, he couldn't help himself "Oh Anna baby say it just how it is won't you" Frida snorted with laughter "she's right though, it's outrageous" "Benny have you been to your solicitor and invoked that codicil you were talking about? If you haven't you need to do it on Monday darling" Anna said "We need to send another warning shot, even if you don't want to speak to the papers, a dignified silence if you will. The solicitors need to do what's best for you two" She sat there and debated "You need to release the new songs info on Monday. Get Gorel in on it" "She's right again" Benny said "Just say new material, don't say how much or when. Keep them guessing, they don't deserve anything else just yet" she settled back into the sofa and smiled "another bump in the road and we're getting over it easily" she said "I love you Mr Ulvaeus, just in case you forgot" she heard Frida whispering the same to Benny and she saw his gentle tears that Frida wiped away "I won't forget again" Bjorn reassured her "I love you too, I always have and I always will baby"
They snuggled together on their sofa and Frida and Benny did the same, Benny finally got fed up of the gentle bickering and picked the film and they happily watched an action comedy with the Rock in it, they needed laughter and distraction and Central Intelligence was just perfect. Anna even managed some marshmallows during the film and when it finished she sighed and said "he's rather yummy isn't he the Rock?" Frida agreed "Absolutely, he's lovely isn't he" Bjorn was indignant and Benny wasn't far behind "Oh Bjorn really!!" Anna giggled uproariously "You used to like Liv Ullman, you lusted for her" "I did NOT" Bjorn began defensively "Well maybe a little bit" he allowed as Anna dissolved into proper laughter "You did baby, but I'm a one man woman so I can look can't I?" "You can look" he grumbled "as long as your eyes come back to me" "They always do" Anna chuckled and shook her head Benny snorted with laughter "You two are utterly ridiculous but a walking miracle as well" Bjorn kissed the side of Anna's head and sighed in contentment "Yeah, I think we are"
Frida yawned widely "I'm tired, it's all that fresh air on the horseride" she looked at her watch "it's only 2130 but I'm off to bed" Benny smiled gently "me too, I just didn't want to break up this lovely evening"
Bjorn looked at Anna and asked her if she was tired "I am but I want to stay with you, if you want to watch TV or work I'll stay with you please." Bjorn's heart melted a bit at her words "and if I said honestly that I was exhausted and wanted to go to bed would you mind?" he asked she shook her head no rapidly. Benny and Frida said their good nights and went up to bed and Anna watched as Bjorn made up the fire and put their glasses in the dishwasher" Always so particular " she smiled drowsily, he didn't wait to answer her he swung her up in his arms and she squealed as she clung on."I can do it Bjorn, you said you were tired" He got halfway up the stairs before he said "I'll always bloody carry you, I'll never be too tired for you" he shouldered his way into the bedroom and put her gently on the bed "Get into bed baby, I'll be out in a minute. Do you need help?" she shook her head no and he disappeared into the bathroom. She choked down her tablets then got herself undressed and snuggled right under the covers so she was totally covered, Bjorn came out of the bathroom and smiled at her snuggled form, he slid in next to her and was more than surprised to feel her naked form wind around him "I want contact Bjorn" she whispered "I want to feel you" she sighed "I can't give you much tonight but I can do this" she pulled at his t shirt and shorts "Help me" she pleaded
He shrugged out of his t shirt and she helped him divest himself of his shorts, she was running out of energy but she managed to get them off him and then settled glued to every possible inch of him "I love this" she whispered "Me too" he whispered contentedly as he made them both comfortable. There was a peaceful silence for a while until Anna said "I remember some of it baby, I remember some of the stuff I said to you yesterday. I'm sorry I put you through it. Thank you for staying with me and bringing me back from the darkness" He sighed "Anna, I'm sorry for putting you through it in the first place" "I'm not sorry you know" she whispered "the bits I remember I don't regret telling you and the bits I can't remember well I trust you with those" she smiled up at him. He wrapped his arms around her and hooked his leg around hers just as he always had "We're going to heal you know" he whispered "I know and tomorrow I'll start the next fight... for you. It is time for me to stop hiding from the world"