Chapter 1

Hope:

"Nice meeting you here" The voice sounded like landon to my subconscious mind.

" Landon?" I called out as I opened my eyes. I was in Ryan Clarke's arms!

" Guess again" Ryan smirked at me. I jumped out of his arms. Immediately I felt cold but I ignored it and started looking around. We were surrounded by endless darkness and I could not figure out a way to escape.

" You can stop looking love. You have to wait for my father to let you out." He replied.

" This is all your fault. If you did not throw the knife into the pit, I would not be in this mess now." I lashed out at Ryan in irritation.

" Jumping into the pit was not my idea Hope. Even if I did not throw in the knife, the next monster from the pit would have done it instead. How many monsters are you going to fight? I suggest we work together to get out of here. "

" Shut up Ryan. I am not interested in hearing your nonsense." I started walking away from him.

However, I did not make it far before two trolls and a gargoyle appeared and started approaching them. I instantly put a invisibility spell on. Since I casted a mimic spell on Ryan before jumping into the pit, Ryan became invisible to the monsters too.
The monsters became irritated as they could not sense me and Ryan. The monsters eventually disappeared.

"I recognise these monsters. I had put them in the pit a long time ago. Thank you for the spell."

" I did not do the spell to save you. You are evil and the only reason why I haven't ended your life is because you are going to help me get out." I replied curtly.

"I am not evil hope. Its not like I wanted to do this. I did not have any choice. I was trapped here for ages as a punishment for not being the ideal child Malivore wanted. If I did not throw in the knife, when malivore gains full strength, he would punish me severely for betraying him. "

" So you are willing to endanger the lives of innocent people just so that you would not be the disappointing child? "

" You would most probably won't believe me but I have tried everything I can to try to destroy him but he is too strong. While I was trapped, he would not even give me the mercy of death even when I begged for it. Do you have any idea how it is like to be alone in the darkness for ages? "

I did not know how much truth is in his words but I could sense the raw pain in him. To my surprise, I found herself relating to that pain. My father, Klaus abanoned me for most of my childhood and my mother and uncle are dead. I remembered being utterly miserable in a darkness of my own making for a very long time.

I could feel the darkness threatening to fill me again and I immediately cast a comfort spell for both of us. No one deserves to be filled with such darkness, not even Ryan.

He offered me a small smile in return.

Suddenly there was a jolt of energy and I felt pulled up into the air. Ryan caught me and held me tightly. The jolt of energy stopped immediately. I could feel warmth from Ryan coursing through my skin. The cold bit me immediately whe he let go.

" What was that?" I asked.

"That was your getaway. I held onto you so that I can leave with you but it looks like my father intends on punishing me. The next time he tries to expell you, get ready to leave Hope."

" What about you?"

" Look at you, you jumped into a pit and was ready to give your life to save your loved ones even when you know that they won't even remember you or your sacrifice. And here you are thinking about me. Don't tell me you have started to like me. " He said with a smirk.

I was at a loss for words. Just as I was about say something to wipe the stupid smirk off his face, the bolt of energy struck again and I was pulled out of the pit.

" Good bye Hope Mikaelson." Ryan said as he watched me leave.