Chapter 2

Hope:

The first thing I noticed after coming out of pit was that Malivore had sent out a troll to find and kill me as I was a threat to him.

I was able to kill the troll easily enough but I knew that the next monster would be out soon enough and it would head for the Salvatore School to get Landon to bring him to Malivore.

So I knew I had to go there to protect Landon and the school from the monsters. Also, I need to read up on Malivore from the ancient books on magical creatures that were passed down from my grandmother.

The first person I saw when I arrived at the school was Landon, my boyfriend. He was sitting on a bench in the park ans listening to music. I was so happy to see him because I never thought I would see him again. I was about to walk towards him when I saw Josie walking towards him. I felt a sinking feeling when she leaned in to kiss him and he responded to the kiss with a smile on his face, that smile that used to be only for me.

You see, I never planned on coming out of the pit so I did not care about anyone remembering me. It is only now I realise what it feels like to be forgotton completely, to be utterly insignificant, to be so easily replaceable.

No, I can't feel like this. I made a sacrifice and I should make sure that it is worth it. I have to find out how to end Malivore properly. So that the next time I jump into the pit, Malivore dies for good. I reminded myself that I cannot blame Landon or Josie because they don't even remember I exist. Taking a deep breath, I walked further into the school.

My breath was caught in my throat when I saw Klaus, my father chatting with Caroline. Both of them seemed to be in a great mood. They were dating for some time now and I was glad that they were still together because I happen to like Caroline and I liked seeing my dad happy.

I noticed how my dad did not have any eye bags and he seemed a lot happier that I had ever seen him before. I couldn't help but think that he was better off without having to worry about his unplanned miracle daughter.

Just then, he happened to glance at me and his eyes lingered on me. For a split second I thought he could remember me. He looked confused, like he knows me but he could not remember how he met me. Caroline followed Klaus's Gaze and looked at me.

" You are new. You were able to pass through the school's magical boundary so you are clearly supernatural. Who are you?" She asked.

"I am Andrea Marshall. I am a witch." I replied.

"Nice to meet you Andrea. Why don't you come in, we can discuss more. " She said warmly.

My dad had to leave to deal with some new vampires so I was alone with Caroline. Alaric apparently had not returned from his trip to France for his research on the merge of the twins.

I needed her to let me stay at the school for a while till I figure out how to kill the troll. So I made up a story of how my mother was a witch and that she died in a ritual and I had no where else to go. Caroline seemed to believe me but knowing her, she will have someone investigate into my background later.

" Well I glad you came here. This is a school for people like you, to develop your supernatural abilities and use them for good. My own daughters are also witches. I am sure you will love it here Andrea." She assured me.

She called Lizzie to give me a tour of the school.

" Oh great another witch! " Lizzie muttered under her breath and put on a fake smile. I chuckled internally, some things never change.

Lizzie showed me around the school and introduced me to the witch community. To my surprise I was taken to my old room.

" Apparently a there was a student here. We think it is a girl based on some of the her items. My father thinks the girl is in Malivore or something. So you get to have this room." Lizzie explained.

" Thanks for showing me around Lizzie"

"yeah whatever, if you need anything you know where to find me." She said before leaving.

I looked through my things, the bracelet my aunt Freya has made for me, the paintings I created with my father and my mum's jewelry.

However, some of the Mikealson family heirlooms were missing. Alaric must have taken them to investigate the mystery student who everyone had forgotten.

Eventually, I felt the tiredness overwhelming me so I lied on my bed, trying to sleep but my mind was racing, thinking about all the that has happened since I jumped into the pit. Surprisingly, my thoughts landed on Ryan. Has he managed to escape Malivore? He seemed to be in so much pain.

I willed my mind to turn blank and forced myself to rest so that I will be ready to deal with whatever comes my way tomorrow.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Hey, hope you liked the chapter! If you like my writing, please vote for the chapter and consider subscribing to my page so that you will be notified when I upload a new chapter or book. Thanks for the support so far! 
It really means a lot to me!💕