Chapter 3

Hope:

The first thing I did during my break the next day was to sneak off to the library to read up on Malivore.

Without realising, my thoughts drifted to Ryan. Now that I think about it, I don't deserve to say my life had sucked so far, when I compare it with his life because I had a mother and father who loved me unconditionally. All he had was a mud demon for a father who enjoys punishing him. Yet Ryan does not seem to have the darkness that his father has. I could not help admiring him for that.

I need to kill Malivore soon so that I could free Ryan and many other innocent people. To my dismay, I made little progress on my research on Malivore. The books only mentioned how it was created and its purpose but not how to kill it.

I headed outside to take a fresh breath of air when I overheard Caroline and Dorian talking about Shunka, a monster who is out to kill werewolves in particular.

I gasped as I remembered that Rafael was still a werewolf because I turned him before I went to Malivore.

I stole alaric's crossbow and quickly made my way to the woods. I called out to Rafael and to my relief, he came to me. He seemed unsure of what to do so he kept a safe distance from me.

I was about to turn him back to human form when I heard Shunka approaching us.

"Run" I yelled at Rafael. He hesitated and he looked like he wanted to help me. "Seriously run away now, I can kill it." With that he ran away swiftly.

I took aim with the crossbow and was about to shoot when a bout of energy from Shunka pushed me down. I sprained my leg badly and was unable to get up.

I was shocked as I did not expect Shunka to have such strong magical abilities. I tried to cast a spell but it bounced right of him. He approached me with agility and grabbed me.

I thought I was done for, when a something hit Shunka, which made him drop me. I turned to see my dad and some vampires and witches. Caroline must have sent them to kill Shunka.

Shunka recovered swiftly and started towards us. My dad came to lift me up. As I held onto him, I absorbed some of his power.

" What are you doing?" He asked me, wincing and trying to get out of my grip.

"I am sorry, I just need a little energy to heal myself." I told him. Within seconds, my leg was completely healed and I let go of him. Being us, witches were casting spells which were simply bouncing of him and the bullets fired by the vampires were not enough to slow down Shunka.

I figured I could only kill Shunka in my wolf form, perhaps wolf venom could kill it. So I quickly transformed into a wolf, to the shock of my dad.

I launched onto Shunka and begin attacking him, trying to bite him. Taking my cue, my father transformed and began helping me. It was just like old times when I fought alongside with my dad to protect our family.

The others were trying to shoot it. After struggling for a while, I managed to bite Shunka. Shunka died and disintegrated in fronr of us.

However, my dad had a huge cut across his stomach and he was bleeding profusely. He could not transform back in that state. I quickly transformed into human form and ran to him

"Here dad, drink this!" I said impulsively as I offered blood from my wrist. I immediately regretted what I said.Too late, he obviously heard me. He eyed me suspiciously but to my relief he did drink some of my blood. He then transformed.

I got away from the woods as soon as possible. Hopefully, he would think that he misheard me.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Hey, hope you liked the chapter! If you like my writing, please vote for the chapter and consider subscribing to my page so that you will be notified when I upload a new chapter or book. Thanks for the support so far! 
It really means a lot to me!💕