Phantom Lord

Mikela's POV
​​Gajeel and I finished our meal and walked out of the restaurant. It did not take us long to find out where Phantom was. Their guild hall looked like a massive castle. It also looked very ominous and dark. Just looking at it gave me chills. I was not so sure about this guild. Then again as they say, never judge a book by its cover. Gajeel and I walked up to the massive oak doors and pushed them open. The people inside looked just as mean and scary as the outside. When they saw us, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared. I got scared and hid behind Gajeel. He grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze before saying quite loudly, " I wish to join Phantom Lord!" Everyone just started laughing at Gajeel. He started to get angry and growled. Then a man dressed somewhat like a jester stepped out. "You wish to join our guild" the man asked with a hint of amusement in his voice.  Gajeel got a smirk on his face and replied "yeah. Who's asking?" Gajeel gave the man a cocky grin. The man glared at Gajeel and proclaimed, "I am Jose Porla, the master of this guild. What kind of magic do you even have boy?" If it was even possible, Gajeel got an even more smug look on his face and said, "I am an iron dragon slayer." For a moment Jose looks surprised, but regains his composure quickly. "If you truly want to be a member of Phantom Lord, then you must beat one of our strongest wizards. If you can fight Totomaru our fire wizard and win, then you can become a member." Gajeel just grins and says, "challenge accepted." Jose finally turns to me and asks, " what about you? You want to join?" Jose frightens me. I don't want to be a part of this guild. I think I will just cheer Gajeel on.  I realize Jose is waiting for an answer, and I respond with, " no sir. Just here to cheer on my brother."  Gajeel and Totomaru step into the fighting arena. Jose goes up to what I assume is a referee box. He looks down at the battlefield with a grin and exclaims, " let the fight begin!"

(skipping fight because it is late and I am tired. Sorry! )

It was close, but Gajeel managed to beat Totomaru. From what I hear in the crowd, that is an unheard of feat. Even Jose looks impressed. "I pronounce Gajeel the winner!" Jose calls out. Gajeel comes to me and says, " so? What do you think of my magic?" I am in awe of what just happened, " it was awesome!" Jose comes over to us and says, " congratulations my boy. Welcome to Phantom Lord. Where do you want your guild mark?" He points at his right shoulder, and it comes out as the color black. That night Gajeel and I celebrated, but little did I know that in just two weeks time I would be running away from Gajeel instead of partying with him.