The Butterfly Girl

• Dedicated to All the Victims of EB

First- I know it's short. I'm sorry that there are going to be a lot of Twilight things in this story, since I just read all the books and watched all the movies.

Second- I've posted a YouTube video. The little girl in the video died Jan. 4, 2010. She was eleven. The video is very graphic, so if you are the type of perso who is prone to fainting or throwing up or something, you might not want to watch this movie. I'm posting it because this is where I got the idea for this story from.

I used to dream about vampires.

They would always begin with me standing in the middle of a forest, all drizzily like the ones in Forks. I would be Bella, and nothing would hurt, I would be pure and whole. Then Edward would come, the rain diamonds in his hair. And he would kiss me, and hug me, and tell me he loved me. I have never been kissed, so to me, it is an out of body experiance. I also have never ben hugged.

I have Epidermolysis Bullosa, or EB. I have deep blisters all over my skin, in my throat, and other places I can't see.

I pretend it doesn't hurt all the time, because durring the day, it's kind of numb. But I have layers of guaze all over my body, and every night I must take an hour long bath in bleach, then spend three hours in excruciating pain as my mom peels off my bandages.

The first thing people notice about me in the summer is the thick white wrapping up and down my arms and legs. I wrap my fingers up in gloves. They always stare as the bulky bandaged girl moves. And I hate it. But I live with it.

In the mornings, I set aside an hour to brush my blonde hair and cover up the scars on my face. There aren't a lot, but on my white skin, they stand out.

I know that as I am pruning myself, I am pruning myself to die.