If

Jungkook never made it to Lisa's dorm. The battle between his heart and his head fought it out during the drive and eventually his head won deciding to ignore what his heart desired for now. He needed to take a moment away from everything, just a short break to clear his thoughts because he wanted to see Lisa with a clear mind and an even clearer direction with his heart.

Lisa was his heart and he loved her with everything that he had, his soul yearned to have to beside him. To feel her soft skin against his, to hear her giggles as she watches the boys play fight or argue over the smallest things only to laugh about it and makeup within a heartbeat. He loved that Lisa fit him, how she fit into his life with so much ease as though she'd known him her whole life. Lisa brought with her a sense of calmness, happiness and most importantly to Jungkook, Lisa brought him a sense of belonging, of home. When she was with him by his side his lips automatically lifted into a smile and his soul would be at ease for the entire duration she was glued to him, until she had to leave.

At the same time his head was urging him to think about what Jimin had said, perhaps it was best to let her go because for a very long time IU had always been at the forefront of his mind and whenever he was within her vicinity his mind could not think straight and all he saw was her. No one else. He felt awful that he couldn't give 100% himself to Lisa because of IU who he'd admired for as long as he can remember, years even, so the thought of not being able to react around her at awards shows or whenever he may cross her path made Jungkook feel like he was being forced to change. It wasn't anyone's fault, it wasn't Lisa or his fault nor was it IUs, it was just how things turned out. For now.

Jungkook found himself at the Han river overlooking the lights and deep in thought as he sent silent apologies to Lisa for not being man enough to see her and get their issue sorted. He also knew Jimin would be especially disappointed in him but he hoped that his hyung wound understand his actions once he explains it to him upon his return.

He heard the light footsteps on the path of someone approaching so he quickly pulled his bucket hat further down his eyes to conceal his identity. The best he could do after leaving his mask back in his room in his haste to see Lisa.

"Jungkook-ssi?" Asked the softest feminine voice he'd ever heard, and his heart flipped summersaults as he recognised the voice. He should do, he's admired it for so long and he was pleasantly surprised that she recognised him given that the sun was beginning to set making his identity a little difficult to know in the dimming daylight. Or so he had thought.

"Ah yes, hello IU sunbaenim. How are you? Are you here on your own? Are you safe?" Iu smiles sweetly at the young man as he fired off questions and watches as concern masks his features quickly replaced by blushes as he turns bright after having realised what he'd said. Iu knew Jungkook was one of her many male celebrity fanboys and over the years she has watched him grow from being the youngest boy in BTS to now being the youngest man in BTS and to be truthful she would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't a fan of their music and the messages in their songs that they conveyed to their adoring army. Jungkook had become a fascination to her, especially after having seen the video from the recent awards ceremony where he was sat behind her, she had no idea he was behind her singing along with her because she very rarely paid much attention to the big screen preferring instead to watch the artists on stage, that was enough for her, she didn't need to see their faces up close on a gigantic screen. It was that particular video that prompted her to search more videos of the same nature and she was surprised to see the hundreds of fan focused videos of them both as well as the other videos dedicated to a ship called IuKook for her and Jungkook. To say that she didn't watch a few would be a lie because from there she spent the next few hours of her Sunday afternoon, just like Lisa had; watching countless Jungkook videos, but what she admired most was that throughout the years Jungkook had never wavered from naming her as his ideal type at any opportunity he could, and the stares that he would give her watching as she gave her acceptance speeches. He fascinated her and she wanted to know more of him and about him, so she watched other videos focussing on Jungkook instead and what she saw was a determined and driven young man who even after gaining global success remained as humble as when he first joined BTS.

Iu was really happy to have crossed his path that night while out for a leisurely stroll with her manager who was at that time keeping their distance allowing the young adults some privacy to their conversation. Unable to hide her smile and not even bothering to hide her bare face from him she reached out a hand to shake his, which completely threw Jungkook off as he looked down at her small delicate hand momentarily before extending his and gingerly taking her hand in his marvelling at the warmth emanating from her touch. The small act made his heart leap at a smile appeared on his face and he lifted his smiling eyes to hers showing her his bunny like smile. Iu became flustered as she felt a wave of butterflies hit her core when Jungkook accepted her gesture along with one of the most genuine smiles that she has seen in a very long time. Being a celebrity she was quite aware of her status among male celebrities so she had developed a sense of being nonchalant in the hopes of driving away unwanted attention, but this impromptu meeting with Jungkook after watching countless videos of him and then as a shipped couple, she felt at ease in his presence. He was being gentlemanly and not overbearing or loud unlike the many idols she's met in the past and she wanted to know him on a personal level.

Realising she hadn't yet responded she replies, "Yes yes I'm fine Thankyou, don't worry".

"I understand you are a fanboy, am I correct?" She wanted to see his response first hand and was in complete awe as his his grew into wide circles before his whole face turned a deeper shade of red while smiling from ear to ear the whole time as he looked at the ground becoming very shy.

"Ah..." he scratches the back of his head and neck before answering, "yes sunbaenim, I love your music, you have a great personality and it is just fortunate that you are as equally beautiful as your voice", "aish! what did I just say" Jungkook whispered to himself, but not quiet enough for Iu to not hear him because she did hear him and his remark made her giggle.

"You are very funny Jungkook-ssi" she said as her giggles died down, before continuing, "and very cute too, like a Bunny" now looking down at the ground herself having felt her face warm up knowing she is most probably blushing infront of him at that moment.

Jungkook could not hide his excitement as the smile on his face grew wider as her blushes sends his heartbeat into overdrive and he invites her to sit with him ever so grateful that fate stepped in and placed her in his path. Jungkook had never dared to converse with her when amongst idols so this was the perfect opportunity to talk to her without having to worry about fan cams or his hyung teasing him.

Jungkook could not draw his eyes away from Iu as he felt himself becoming more comfortable and enjoying their easy conversation flow often laughing and relishing in her light touches on his arm as they both lost themselves in their conversation.

He had completely forgotten the purpose of his impromptu stop over at Han River as all thoughts of Lisa vanished as the young man relishes in the moment of being immersed with Iu.

If only he wasn't completely focused on her.

If only he paid attention to his surroundings.

If only he noticed the other people also at Han River.

If only he hadn't forgotten his reason.

If only he saw her sitting on the grass not far behind them.

If only he hadn't forgotten her. Lisa.

If only he saw her quietly stand and walk away ever slowly her vision blurred as tears formed silver streaks down her cheeks. If only he knew how much that one interaction with Iu was enough to break her resolve.

If only.