Friend

Lisa returned to her dorm feeling far from fine and a little bit closer to death. Things didn't go as well as she expected with Jungkook, and she decided that whoever said healing a scab quickly and efficiently was ripping off the crusted head was indeed a certified liar. How in the world was she going to move on to the path of healing a broken heart when the pieces were scattered in tiny fragments all over the car park of a cafe. No amount of superglue or sellotape was going to fix the unfixable.

Holding onto the wall of the entrance she slips off her sneakers and walks into the lounge not bothering to wear the indoor slippers set out for each of them. Sliding her purse off onto the floor she removed her jacket and tossed it onto the sofa before landing in a heap on top of the garment, eyes closed she lets out a deep breath before collecting her thoughts and casts her mind back to the turn of events at the cafe; that which ended up being a heated confrontation with Jungkook.

They say that breaking up with someone is never easy; and today, Lisa experienced first hand what soul wrenching heartbreak felt like.

Earlier

"You're welcome Lisa-shi, please take care next time to not get caught in the rain. I was worried you would get sick. Don't forget to eat a hot meal and get plenty of rest. Sleep well Lisa"

Sender: Jaebeom oppa

Oppa.

Jungkook hated that word, even more so because Lisa was older than him by a good few months technically making him her dongsaeng and he never quite got used to her referring to his hyungs as oppa. Something he secretly wished that Lisa was able to call him. He knew her ideal was someone older given her impression that an older male would best take care of her, but he knew no one could ever fill that role better than he.

Unmoving from his seat next to Lisa, his eyes continued to read the message over a few times before asking, "Lisa, who is JB? Is it Got7 Jaebeom hyung?" he was genuinely curious as to why Lisa had his number or why this JB was messaging his girlfriend.

"Yes" Lisa mumbled, grateful that she had the foresight to wear an oversized hooded jacket as she tried to curl herself further into the garment. The white light behind her eyes grew with a steady thump and all she wanted to do was get it over and done with so she could return to her dorm, shove some advil down her mouth and sleep for a few days.

Jungkook had seen the handsome older male at music awards ceremonies but never had the opportunity to speak to him other than the quick introduction Bam had offered, and he'd had no reason to dislike him but Jungkook could feel that wasn't going to be the case for very long as he continued questioning Lisa.

"Why does he have your number and what did he mean about the rain and how does he know you're sick Lisa?"

Lisa remained unmoving having only heard half of Jungkooks interrogation. Her mind had turned into a thick fog the moment he had spoke up in defence of Iu, as though Lisa was beneath the popular female celebrity to have even dared to speak her name. Jungkook didn't know that his words were her breaking point. The end, the literal crux.

"Does it even matter Jungkook?"

"I came across him as I was leaving the Han River last night and he was kind enough to take me home." she quietly whispered.

Lisa was beginning to feel worse for wear and talking to Jungkook was becoming a lot more difficult.

"It changes nothing Jungkook, we are still breaking.....broken.....we are still broken up." Lisa managed to say.