Pandora

He didnt expect his first appointment of the day to be with the youngest member of Blackpink.

It had taken a lot of persuasion on her part, but Lisa had remained steadfast and Yang Hyun-suk saw the stubborn resilience that he did not think hed ever see from the youngster.

That morning Lisa had walked into his office, quietly and looking every bit the tiny frightened mouse, but her eyes never left his the minute she opened her mouth. He found admiration in people who had enough gumption to face him as they spoke.

He had become accustomed to his employees shrinking back whenever he asked for something as simple as a financial report, so having Lisa sitting in front of him with a straight back, holding his gaze and waiting for an answer to her request for a leave of absence was oddly refreshing.

Something about her had changed, and it intrigued him.

Lisa had literally done the impossible and he had begrudgingly allowed her the 4 weeks leave she so desperately wanted; however, she had requested to leave immediately, and that didnt surprise him in the slightest.

He may be cold, but he wasnt blind, and unbeknownst to the wider company and general public, he had a heart.

He wasnt the dense uncaring CEO his idols thought him to be. He knew everything that going on behind the closed doors of his company.

He wasnt oblivious to not know what was happening with his girls and foreigner or not, despite their fandoms opinion about his treatment of Lisa, he was particularly fond of the rambunctious maknae.

Lisa reminded him of his younger self, when everything was seemingly perfect as he faced the world wearing rose tinted glasses. He quickly realised that not everything is forever and that it was ok to not be ok.

He stared back at the young woman in front of him with the quiet unwavering gaze, his eyes taking a glance at her wringing fingers. She was brave, he knew that, and it reminded him of the day she arrived at his company as a 14yr old trainee.

He was quick to sign her before another agency witnessed the burgeoning talent she held in her tiny waif like body. He remembers seeing the same burning passion in another of his favorite charges who hed always kept close much like a son; Kwon Ji-yong.

For him, Lisa was the female version of GD in that they were the only two idols he knew of that possessed that unattainable x-factor. The ability to be a Phoenix, to change themselves to adjust to any environment; including those that would otherwise make them uncomfortable.

GD had it as a child, as did Lisa and he saw it the minute he laid eyes on them both for the very first time. Their aura was overflowing with charismatic endearments, sweet and gentle off screen yet completely opposite in front of the lens.

Yang Hyun-suk looked at Lisa feigning indifference. He could see the resolve in her eyes beginning to waver and he knew that if she were going to back out it would be within the next minute or so, but he didnt want to see her failing in her own attempt to appear staunch.

Before Lisa could utter a word, he leaned forward, elbows resting on the wide expensive mahogany desk, lacing his fingers, his thin lips grimly set he spoke one word laced with authority.

"Ok."

The hardest request, and one that he was the most hesitant to agree upon was Lisa had asked for complete radio silence for the duration of her hiatus.

She did not want to have any form of contact with anyone from the company, including her members. She did agree however to stay in touch with Yang himself at least once a week and only via email.