• 5: Remodeling-Damon's Version •

Somehow, Damon got his way with the school, though the harvesting of the crystals wasn't necessary. Since it was such small amounts, and the concentration was quite low, the school gave the two males that choice to do whatever they wanted with the crystals. Since (y/n) was still preoccupied with helping out the Librarian, Damon already started to transfer over. Students, specifically girls who were A rank, demanded Damon as to why he was suddenly transferring over to the "creepy" cave. They held no respect for Damon's friend, as he was a commoner, most students that were noblity, looked down upon (y/n). 

"That's why I'm transferring, you all are so toxic to commoners, it disgusts me." Damon said, contiuing to pack his luggage. Those who had confronted him, who witnessed the glare from their crush, their spirits were shattered. Although Damon relished mindless attention from those around him, the one he favored the most, was (y/n)'s. Reaching the cave, he erected a barrier that would only permit (y/n) and him to enter. For a spell to be kept up without a mage casting it, a conductor was used, in this case, was a A rank, dark crystal. 

  Barriers typically fell under the Protector branch of the Earth element. However, the spell Damon had used was called- "Dark Viel" an A rank, dark spell. Black magic was quite rare and dangerous, yet Damon had a knack for it. Well, this was after he and (y/n) switched abilities, but Damon couldn't imagine (y/n) using black magic. He was just too pure in his eyes. 

  The dark crystal dissolved into the barrier, making it look transparent, yet it had a very, very slight hint of purple, though no one would notice this. Walking into the cave, Damon set forth remodeling it to fit their needs-essentially doing what (y/n) had suspected would happen. Damon went all out and turned the cave into a stone palace. 

  After a few hours, (y/n) returned, expecting to come back to his warm, homey cave. Instead he noticed a clear sign something had happened. Besides the barely noticable barrier that encased the entire mountain. The front door was purple and the window had been enlarged, fitted with a chiseled glass pane. 

Your pov

Oh god, of course Damon would do this behind my back. I told him not to make it too fancy, but if the door and window is anything to go off of, I can't imagine how the rest of the cave looks like. Hanami looked at the cave strangely, they didn't seem to recognize the cave. At least the exterior looks relatively the same. Ugh, let's see how the inside looks like-

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I exclaimed, the entire cave had been hollowed out, smoothed to perfection, with collums of stone with glittering mana crystals engraved into them. 

(Below is by me, also this took me longer than the first drawing of the cave. As you can see, Damon's version is much colder and elegant, compared to (y/n)'s homey, warm version.)

  There were stairs that led down from the entrance and into a grand foyer, where a fountain was found further away

  There were stairs that led down from the entrance and into a grand foyer, where a fountain was found further away. Purple flames illuminated the "cave", and the collums had been chisled from both stone and a blue rock known as, Oceanica. Oceanica alone would cost thousands of coins to buy, and yet as far as I can tell. Every collum was the same, god, sometimes I wonder if Damon was secretly a prince. This wasn't a mansion, it looked too much like a palace! 

  It's warm feel had completly vanished, though pretty, it didn't feel quite right. But I could tell that Damon had put all of his effort into making this, and it could rival the school in it's grandure. Walking down the seemly endless halls with Hanami bouncing behind me, I entered what seemed to be our own kitchen and dinning room. Why did this cave feel bigger than usual? I told him it was about the size of the school cafeteria, he couldn't have made such a large layout with such tall walls, and not exceed the cave's limits. The cafeteria wasn't THAT big. But even after scanning for signs of expansion magic, there wasn't any lingering around. What did he do?

"Could you be any less loud? I heard your voice, even in my room." he said, yawning.

"I-, what the heck did you do?" I asked him, he looked around, before yawning a bit. 

"I fixed up the cave, you told me to not make it too fancy. So this is the least fancy I can be, given the materials I have." He lied.

"Yeah, right. Why is this place so big?" I asked him, he smirked at me, and signaled towards the stone/oceanica collums. 

"See these collums? When Oceanica and mana crystals are used together, they can expand a space without the need of expansion magic. That's why there's collums almost everywhere possible, not just for support or aesthetic reasons. It's quite durable and requires several rank A, power level 9 spells to break even one collum, so it makes the perfect material. I would've made this entire cave out of the rock, but that would've been too expensive, and we don't need that much space." he snickered. I knew he was knowledgable on these things, and I didn't even know mana crystals and oceanica has that effect when put together. It's interesting how no one has found out.

"But still, why make it so absurdly fancy?" I inquired.

"We have full control on how to make the cave look like, plus you do need a place to teach people magic. So why not here?" he suggested.

"It's not a bad idea, however, you casted the spell- Dark Viel all over this place." I pointed out. His smirk grew a bit wider, his eyes held a mischevious gaze. 

"By people, I mean just me. You spend all your time teaching others, I've grown jealous." he stated, of course this was his plan. 

"Fine, but at least allow me to have some input on the decor of the rooms." I stated, "-as it is now, it's quite bare and very cold." I stated. He huffed, but agreed to my terms. I then noticed Hanami bouncing up and down, bouncing over to Damon, looking behind him for, probably his silver viper.

"Arian, your friends are here." Oh, so his silver viper is called, Arian.  The silver viper appeared out of nowhere, when he saw Hanami, the four of them made sounds that seemed like they were happy to see each other. Letting them to go play in the entrance, the two of us went to the suppose magic room that Damon had setup.

"How did you remodel this, without the use of earth magic?" I asked him.

"Wait- you can tell?" he asked me.

"Of course, the walls are too smooth to be purely earth magic. So my guess is that you used fire magic, and because this stone can turn into a glass like texture when melted. That's why the walls and floors have a very mild glassy look." I guessed, he chuckled at my answer. Confessing that's exactly what he did.

"But to think you'll choose the earth element to major in. You do realize that I now have the upper hand, right?" he commented.

"Yes, but I'm also excellent in light magic. Now that I think about it, we're both evenly matched, if I had chosen the water element, then you would complain that I'm bullying you. It HAS happened before." I stated.

"S-shut up." His face became flustered at my comment, but we continued to walk around our new... dorm?  

Published on November 19, 2019