• 7: Ichigo's Strawberry Dilemma •

"CA-CAWWWWWWWWWW!" Matcha screeched, receiving another double smack from his brothers' tails. Seeing that (y/n) was awake, Matcha snuggled into (y/n)'s hand, once more. Oblivious to his brothers' annoyance and jealousy. Both Yuki and Ichigo wanted to sleep in, but when teased with the promise to play with "big brother" Arian, they were excited to get up. (y/n) smiled at their adorableness, so getting up and changing. (y/n) had an intriguing idea, picking up Matcha, who was surprised by being picked up. Not complaining or anything, and snuggled into (y/n)'s arm. (y/n) went into Damon's room, smirking at his plan. He whispered to Matcha to go wake up Damon as well.

   Matcha's eyes glittered from being asked to do something. Hopping from (y/n)'s arms, he hopped towards Damon, both Yuki, and Ichigo trying to stop him. Since they didn't want to wake up Arian. But it was too late when- "CA-CAWWWWWWWWWWWW!" Trying to muffle Matcha's screech with their tails, but his screech was only muffled slightly. Arian groggily woke up, lifting his head, he glanced at Matcha who was at the moment, being smacked multiple times by his brothers. Damon had awoken, being a light sleeper, he was obviously angry from being awakened. Seeing the evil smirk on (y/n)'s face and how he was congratulating Matcha for doing a splendid job. (y/n) had a pillow thrown at him. Catching the pillow, he told Hanami and Arian that they could play outside. With their familiars gone, Damon swore he saw a demon before him. Though, yes, (y/n) does have an affinity for light magic, his personality is anything but innocent.

  Locking the door with a magical seal, he grinned at his victim, who was still too tired to fight back. "Damon~ It's time to wake up~" (y/n) sang, his lips curved to a sinister simile. If it was anything Damon hated, it was being tickled or embarrassed to death, of which, (y/n) was a master at causing. Damon grumbled, wishing that his friend would leave him alone.

"You were the one who insisted on living with me." (y/n) said, sitting on the edge of Damon's bed, who tried wiggling to the other side, away from his friend's grasp. "But seriously, your lessons start soon, it's not like you have a reason to skip them." (y/n) scolded his friend.

"But why not? You're a better teacher than any of the professors available, it's unfair you're treated like trash." Damon grumbled.

"While that might be, I chose this way of life. So please get up, or else, I might need to do some... extreme, measures to ensure you never leave your bed.~" (y/n) whispered into his friend's ear, panic arouse from this sentiment, that Damon jolted out of bed, and quickly changed, in the safety of his connected bathroom. Damon despised (y/n)'s ability to always embarrass him. When Damon finally managed to calm down, prepping himself for the day, he found (y/n) busy cooking breakfast. 

  Seeing his familiars: Matcha, Ichigo, and Yuki covered in flour, although it was something he wouldn't dare have his familiar do. It was cute, seeing them desperately trying to help (y/n). The three were trying to roll out the dough, Matcha sitting upon the rolling pin, while it's being pushed back and forth by his brothers, it was just too cute to ignore. To think that F rank familiars were this adorable was, it was just something Damon was still surprised by.

  The higher the rank, the more "cool" looking or more powerful the familiar was, but comparing that with (y/n)'s familiars, his familiars just made any situation really... cute. (y/n) was cooking bacon, a smell that intrigued Yuki, who had dog-like features. The dough they were rolling out was used for cinnamon rolls that Ichigo indulged in. At the table, large enough to fit twenty people, Hanami sat close to their snake brother, Damon's silver viper.  

Your pov

"Isn't that cannibalism?" Damon inquired, seeing that Ichigo, a strawberry-smelling familiar was eating a cinnamon roll decorated in strawberries. Upon hearing Damon's comment, Ichigo stopped eating, staring at the strawberries with deep intent, I didn't think it was wrong.

"No, it's not like Ichigo is a strawberry," I said, which Damon simply hummed at, suggesting he didn't agree with my response.

"But doesn't the name, Ichigo, translate to strawberry? So technically it's a strawberry eating strawberries." Damon responded while he ate his toast along with bacon and eggs. Ichigo stared at the strawberries horrified of he what had done, while his brothers just stared at him. Yuki was sharing his bacon with Damon's silver viper, while Matcha... He was both nibbling my fingers and the peanuts because he liked eating from my hands. 

"Well, technicalities aside, he's free to eat anything he likes. Ichigo doesn't worry, strawberries are fruits... do you want me to feed you them?" I asked Ichigo nodded. He pushed his plate closer to me, using my fork, I feed him the strawberry. Who smiled in blissful happiness. I swear these three are going to give me a heart attack from how adorable they are.

"That's like saying a demon is free to eat humans, because, it's not human. Actually, had you summoned a demon, you probably wouldn't care it ate human corpses." Damon responded.

"But luckily, I am not, but please refrain from scaring Hanami, they all get scared easily." I glared at him, he sighed, sipping the coffee that he specifically had me make for him. "I have a feeling you wanted to live with me, simply because I know what you like and dislike," I commented. Laughing, he knew I saw through his plan, though now that I was feeding two of the three that made up Hanami. Yuki was growing jealous, but to show his independence, he continued to share his plate with Damon's silver viper. "Yuki, great job!" I commented, upon hearing that, Ichigo and Matcha shoved their plates closer to Damon's silver viper. The four of them became as close as brothers, sharing their food with each other. My hand now free to eat, I was finally able to finish my breakfast, before Hanami could bother me again. Not like I minded, but with food, I do get a little agitated. 

"So what are you going to do today?" Damon inquired, after finishing his cup of coffee. 

"Probably going to help the librarian, I'm still indebted to her for allowing me to stay there. Plus, I did promise a few students in between classes to tutor them, so I won't be able to drop by your classes." I said, before drinking my glass of (favorite drink). Damon seemed rather sad about this fact but helped me clear the plates. Walking to school together, really drew the eyes of the other students. Still unable to comprehend our relationship, rumors started to pop up that we were secretly dating.  

   Such rumors made Damon embarrassed, and seeing me walking by, helping the Librarian carry tombs around campus, didn't help with the speculations. Seeing Damon blush from seeing me, made the rumors more intense, and at one point, the headmaster asked us what our relationship was about. Unable to clearly answer, the headmaster established enchanted cameras that documented our every movement. While it was an invasion of privacy and was taken down after a few days, among the students, it was simply thought that it was a one-sided affection.

  Whatever the case may be, I took full liberty to tease Damon, to the point where our relationship was seemly real. Although this did bring some unwanted attention, from girls apart of the A rank, who was infatuated with Damon. But every challenge I got, only stabilized my rank from F to S rank, even though technically I still labeled myself as an F rank. 

While there were hundreds of requests from students from all ranks who wanted to live with Damon and me, as I had made myself a good tutor. Among the students, it was believed that only the most powerful could be tutored by me, personally, and somehow, a competition was made, that needed Damon's and my consent. While I had only planned to live in this cave by myself, it appeared, that wasn't going to be the case. For the ones in A rank, who surprisingly were desperate to switch dormitories to cave, was... it was something I just couldn't comprehend, nor why would any of them want to.

Most who were A or even B rank were from noble families, who had been taught prior knowledge which allowed them to be quite powerful mages. Being A rank was nothing special, but within this school, had I not joined, it would've been quite exclusive. But now, that I had my own unlabeled dormitory, everyone wanted to join. Those from commoner backgrounds rose their ranks by the day, all were desperate to be taught by me.

So, that's how the start of the chaos began, had it not begun already. 

Published on January 8, 2020