Chapter 36

.:Author's Note:.

I may have dropped some hints about book two titled, "What He Wants" 😇

Please excuse any mistakes.

Ellis at the top

***

Winston's POV:

After the morning festivities, everyone in the Russell household had to go about getting ready for the day since our zestful discussion had led to the lot of us running late for work and school. While I continued to work from home, Macy, my boyfriend, and his twins still had to actually leave the house in order to continue their jobs and studies. With no real projects that I had a deadline anytime soon to complete, I figured that I could use the time alone to get the rest of my things from my old home and into my new one. It was going to be a two-person job, and Ellis – who I had kept in contact with daily since my mother's funeral – was kind enough to lend a helping hand.

I'd be meeting him sometime in the afternoon, so I had a bit of time to kill. To help everyone get dressed in a timely matter, I waved Macy away from doing the dishes since she had been gracious enough to make us breakfast. I'd take care of them once the family members were all out of the house, but in the meantime, I also decided to help Alyssa and April get ready.

"Winston, do you know how to braid?" Alyssa questioned just as I stopped in her doorway. April was never too far behind as she sat on her sister's bed despite their separate rooms. I was surprised to find that they were both already clothed in their outfits for the day, and I had to admit that they were the cutest little girls I had ever seen. Maybe I was biased because they are my boyfriend's kids, but that didn't mean I was necessarily wrong.

"I do," I answered with a grin, causing Alyssa to squeal in excitement. She quickly came over to where I stood and grabbed my hand before tugging me into her room so that I could sit in front of her large closet mirror. I laughed as she settled herself between my legs and handed me her red Little Mermaid hair set (a brush, a comb, and a few colored rubber bands).

"Will you braid my hair, please?"

"Sure thing, angel. Did you have a hairstyle in mind?"

"May I have two braids that go into a bun?"

"I'm sure I can do that for you," I nodded in the mirror at her, causing a wide smile to spread across her face

"I'm sure I can do that for you," I nodded in the mirror at her, causing a wide smile to spread across her face. April joined us on the carpeted floor a moment later, slightly snuggling into my side, as I quickly brushed through her sister's hair and then began working on her request. It was quiet between the three of us for a while. The silence was peaceful and welcoming instead of being tense and uneasy. April seemed content to simply watch me work while Alyssa's eyes were shut in relaxation.

However, I should've known to expect the unexpected when it came to these two.

"Winston, are you our second daddy now?" Alyssa questioned out of the blue a few minutes into the tranquility, making me freeze in shock while my heart felt like it was going to jump right out of my chest.