Chapter Four

Chapter Four:
"I Just Wanted My Gum."
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Heather listened to the ringing of the bell as she entered Mr. Keene's pharmacy. She had one goal and one goal only.

Get her bubble gum.

Anything other than that? An unwanted distraction. She was not in the mood to deal with anyone today. Especially not Greta Keene's toxic ass.

Unfortunately, fate had different plans in mind for her day, and her summer.

Heather walked over to the candy aisle, her hazel eyes scanning across the variety of gum packets.

Her fingers grazed the packages as she read, waiting to find her usual pack.

"Stupid Mr. Keene.. always fuckin' rearranging.. how many damn times can you change up the gum boxes?" She muttered to herself, getting increasingly annoyed at her inability to find the package.  "Unbelievable. Just want some damn gum."

Seconds later, her eyes landed on the pick packaging. "Finally."

She left the aisle and began walking to the register. "Oh, hey, Beverly Marsh."

"Heather Scott." Beverly greeted, obviously nervous due to the aisle she was in. "How are you?"

"I'm good.. and you obviously aren't. Here, I'll help. Hold this." Heather spoke quickly, handing the pack of gum to Beverly.

Her eyes scanned the boxes of pads and tampons before she reached forward and grabbed a box. "Here. These are what I started with, so, you're good."

Beverly thanked her with a smile, "Cool. Thanks, Heather."

Heather nodded, continuing to talk with Beverly as they passed the next aisle, avoiding Greta Keene.

"Oh, hey, Bill." Heather greeted with a small wave. "Stan, Eddie-"

"Ouch! What about me, sexy face? I thought we had a connection!" Richie wailed, waving his hands in the air. Heather rolled her eyes and rose her middle finger towards the boy.

"What-What's wrong with you?" Bill stuttered out, his focus on Beverly.

"Nothing! What's... wrong with you?" She said slowly, glancing briefly at Heather for assistance, but she didn't get a response. Heather was already busy in a conversation with Stan.

"None of your business!" Stan paused his talk with Heather to speak.

"There's a kid outside.. looks like someone murdered him."

"Holy shit, I bet it was Bowers and his gang of psychos." Heather scoffed.

"Is that what all this.." Heather picked up a box from Eddie's arms before dropping it back onto the pile, "is for?"

"W-W-We don't have enough m-m-m-mo-mon-money.." Bill explained, his eyes trailing to Heather for a split second.

A smile crept onto Beverly's face as she nudged Heather. "We can help."