Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:
"I've Never Met Anyone Like You, Heather Scott."
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Heather yawned, leaning on Bill's shoulder, despite the height difference, as Eddie began rambling. Bill could feel his heart speeding up and he tried his best to stay still so he wouldn't disturb her.

"Okay, so, let me get this straight.. It comes out from, I don't know, wherever, to eat kids for like a year, then what. It just goes back into hibernation?" Eddie rambled.

"Yeah, it kind of sounds like a horror movie." Heather agreed, not opening her eyes as she swayed in the wind.

"Maybe it's like.. What're they called again? Those bugs that come out once every seventeen years?" Stan asked, running a hand through his hair as he thought.

"Cicadas?" Heather suggested, popping an eye open.

"Right! Cicadas!" Stan pointed at her, nodding. "I don't like those things."

"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed." Mike interrupted, turning his head towards Heather. "You heard his rambles when you came over."

"Mhm." Heather nodded. "It was kinda crazy."

Bill furrowed his eyebrows, wondering why Heather hadn't told him about this. He tried not to feel jealous, but he couldn't help it.

"Anyway," Mike continued, "He says that all the bad things that happen here are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry."

"Like, something inhuman?" Heather pointed out, "It'd have to be, like, what? Two hundred by now?"

"Exactly! So it can't just be one thing." Stan agreed, "And we all saw something different."

"Maybe.. or maybe It know's what scares us most, and that's what we see." Mike argued.

"I-I.. I saw a leper. It was like a walking infection!" Eddie took a puff of his inhaler.

"But you didn't! B-Because it isn't real. None of this is." Stan interrupted. "Not Eddie's leper, or, or Bill seeing Georgie. Or, or, or the woman I keep seeing-"

"Is she hot?" Richie piped up, causing Heather to roll her eyes.

"No, Richie! She's not hot. Her face is all messed up.." Stan glared at him, "None of this makes any sense! It's like one big bad dream!"

"I don't think so! I know the difference between bad dreams and real life, okay?" Mike shook his head.

"Well, did you see something, then?" Eddie asked.

"Yes.. do you guys know that burnt down house on Harris Avenue?"

"Yeah?" Heather nodded, subtly inhaling Bill's scent.

"Well, I was inside when it burned down." Heather frowned, squeezing Bill's shoulder. "And.. before I was rescued my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me. They were banging and pushing on the door.. trying to get to me."

"Mike.."

"It was too hot when the firemen finally got to me.. and when they got to them.. the skin had burned down to their bones." Mike's voice had gotten quieter, "We're all afraid of something."

"Why, Rich? What are you afraid of?" Eddie asked, watching as Richie shuddered.

"Clowns." He spoke, not taking his eyes off of the clown performing on the stage behind him.