Chapter Six

Chapter Six:
"Yeah? Well, That's Comforting."
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"So, Hezza, you, me in my bed, tonight. What do you think? Objections?" Richie asked, sliding a hand around her waist as she walked up the steps into Ben's house. Bill rolled his eyes from beside her.

"I think.. that I'd rather die." Heather said slowly, her hand trailing down his arm before gripping his wrist. She threw it behind her, cauding the boy to stumble backward.

"Ow, shit! Rude." He flipped her off.

Bill quickly replaced his spot beside the rebellious girl. He watched her in silence as she closed the front door behind him.

"H-H-Hey, um, I'm really s-s-s-so-so-sorry." Bill apologized, the corner of his mouth turned up as he stared at her.

"About what?" She rose a brow, motioning for him to go up the stairs first.

He complied before speaking again, "Uh, about R-R-Ri-Richie.."

"Oh, that? It's fine, Bill. He's just a horny boy. A.. a really, really horny one." Heather shrugged, with a laugh, following him into Ben's room.

Bill chuckled looking away from the taller girl briefly, his face turning the lightest shade of pink from her laugh.

Heather raised her hand and gently pulled against her black choker as she looked around his room. "Interesting room, Benny boy."

Her hand brushed against a filter he had on his desk. She raised it up to the sunlight, nodding her head, "Cool!"

"Check this out, Bill." She handed him the small filter, Bill's heart skipping a beat when their hands brushed. He audibly gulped as he raised the filter shakily to look through it.

"Oh, no, no. No. No. Nothing cool.. There's nothing cool here." Richie pushed up his glasses, "Except for Hezza over there. Too bad Bill's fucking her. If he weren't I'd so be tapping that fine ass of he-"

Bill dropped the filter and turned to look at Richie with a you're so going to regret opening your mouth face.

"Watch your damm mouth, Tozier." Heather sneered, sending the boy a glare that could send the strongest man cowering. "I will fucking hit you. I'll hit you so damn hard you don't remember your own fucking name. You don't want that, I don't want that, so be a dear and shut your damn mouth."

Bill swallowed thickly, gripping the desk with his right hand as he began tapping his foot.

"Ri-Right, yeah, I'm sorry, Heather." Richie cleared his throat, patting his thighs, "So, Ben! What's, uh, what's that?"

He pointed to a piece of paper, Stan nodded, also wanting to know.

"That? Oh, that's the Derry charter ship." Ben pointed to the headline. "You see, Derry started off as a Beaver trapping town."

"Still is, am I right, boys?" Richie raised his hand towards Stan, waiting for a highfive.

"Richie." Heather warned, pointing at him. "Strike two."

"Right, right, right." Richie cleared his throat, "Right.. shutting up.. don't hit me.. unle-"

"Anyways! Ninety-one people signed it." Ben continued, interrupting them.

Heather turned to face Ben, her arms crossed as she listened. Bill stepped up beside her, briefly glancing up at her.

He looked away quickly after Heather turned her head to look at him, catching him staring at her.

"But later that winter.. all of them disappeared." Ben spoke, a sense of urgency behind his words that none of them knew why yet.

"All ninety-one? Without a trace?" Heather tilted her head, causing her long hair to fall to the side.

"Without a trace." Ben confirmed with a nod.

"That's weird.." She turned her head to look back at Bill. "Really, weird. right?"

He nodded, "Y-Yeah, it i-is."

"There were rumors of Indians.. but no sign of an attack.."

"What about.. they could've just moved to a different town?" Heather suggested, raising her hand and pulling on her choker gently again.

"That's possible, but unlikely. All of their stuff was still there." Ben nodded with her, "And money."

"So, it wasn't Indians, and they didn't just leave.. What was it then?" Stan rose an eyebrow, "There's gotta be something logical here, right?"

"There were also rumors of a disease, like the plague, but-"

"But no bodies.." Heather and Bill spoke at the same time.

"So no plague.." Eddie agreed, glancing over at Heather briefly.

"And no clues?" Heather moved her hands so that they were resting on her waist.

Beverly and Richie glanced at each other worriedly before Beverly spoke up, "At all?"

"Only a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house." He said casually.

"Yeah? Well, that's comforting." Heather muttered, letting her choker snap against her neck, it wasn't hard enough to hurt.

"Well, why didn't you start with that? It must've been an animal or something.." Stan reasoned, uncrossing his arms.

"Mhm, right, it's not like they were eaten alive by a cannibal. It isn't possible.. that kinda stuff only happens in the movies." Heather shook her head.

"The s-s-scary ones." Bill agreed, his eyes looking around the room again.

"Ah, it's okay, Bill. Don't  worry. I'll protect you from all the big scary monsters." Heather teased, gently nudging his shoulder.

Bill smiled, his face pinkening as he jokingly rolled hid eyes, "Gee, th-than-thanks, He-Hez.."

"Hez, huh?" Heather rose her brow teasingly.

"O-Oh, uh, y-yeah. S-s-sor-" Bill began to apologize.

"Oh, no, no, no! No, I like it. It's cool. Maybe even badass."  Heather shrugged, walking over and leaning on the wall beside him.

Bill smiled nervously, thoughts running through his mind, debating on whether or not he should ask her to hang out. He wondered if she would say no.. maybe she'd say yes.

He leaned on the desk so that he was facing the wall, but he turned his head towards her.

"S-So.." Bill began nervously, "D-Do you wanna h-h-ha-han-hang out? Like, af-after.."

Heather's lips curved up as she licked her teeth, "Are you nervous?"

"A b-bit." He rose his hand, spacing his thumb and pointer finger out. "J-Ju-Just a bit.."

Heather laughed to herself quietly, "Sure. That sounds fun."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1060 }

{ A/n: brought to you by heather being a chaotic badass }

{ Edited: Very briefly bc its almost 3 am and im sleep deprived }