Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:
"It's Cold Down Here."
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Heather gagged, covering her nose as her feet splashed in the dirty water, "Abso-fucking-lutely disgusting!"

"D-Don't worry, H-He-Hez, w-we'll go to the quarry after." Bill offered. "If we w-win."

"Don't worry, babe. We will." Heather turned, shining her light in her friends faces. "Right guy- Wait, where's Stan?"

Eddie's brown eyes widened as he looked around, "Stan? Stanley!"

"Stan! Where are you?" The sewer water splashed against Heather's legs as she ran through the water. "Stanley!"

The sounds of the others feet splashing behind her rang in her ears.

"We're coming, don't worry!" Eddie shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Stan! Hold on, Stan, we'll find you!"

Heather turned a corner, gasping when she saw him. "Holy fuck! St-Stan!"

Pennywise, in the form of the woman from Stan's painting, hovered over him. It's teeth sunk into the flesh around his face.

"Let him go you fat fucking bitch!"  Heather shouted, stumbling back into Eddie as It stood up and hissed at them. "Oh, fuck!"

It gave the losers a sinister grin before disappearing into the darkness.

"Sta-" Heather leaned down, Eddie behind her as he watched over her shoulder.

"No!" Stan screamed, scrambling back until he hit the cold brick sewer wall.

"Stan, no." Eddie reached forward, trying to grab his arm.

"Are you okay, Stan?" Heather lowered her voice as she spoke.

"No! You left me! You guys left me!" Stan cried, his chest heaving up and down from his heavy breathing.

His face turned a deep red shade as sobs racked his body. "You left me!"

"We didn't mean to!" Eddie shouted, trying again to grab him by the shoulder.

"Stan, we're sorry. I'm sorry."

"No! No! You're not my friends! You made me go into Niebolt! You made me go in." He cried, blood seeping from the teeth marks surroundings his face.

"Stan, we didn't mean to. But, uh, we found you!" Heather's hand pressed against the sewer floor, the water staining her light blue jeans. "And.. you're okay!"

"Okay? I'm okay? I-I-" Stan stammered, continuing to breathe heavy. "I'm okay?"

"Yes. Yes, Stan. You're okay, you know why? Because you're a fucking badass." Heather smacked him on the shoulder, "You hear me? A huge fucking badass!"

"I'm a badass." Stan said slowly.

"You're a badass!"

Richie nodded in agreement, "Yeah, you are!"

"I'm a badass!"