SELFLESS | Tsundere! Penny X Reader

The lovely art I put up there belongs to pd_719 on Instagram!
Word count: 1214

Requested by: DarioIvanovski

P.S. This one is gender neutral! Enjoy! ( ^∇^)

**

⠀You were assigned to be Penny’s partner in Duo Showdown. It was quiet awkward since the two of you never really talked before, and since she held some romantic feelings for you too. But you managed to introduce yourself to her — even though you were pretty sure she knew you. Long short story, the two of you get along well in the match.

⠀Though, the match was kind of difficult. Piper was everywhere, almost every team had Piper so the match was crowded with her sniper sound. The two of you were struggling to stay alive until the end. Sometimes, you would be her shield, covering her smaller figure with your body. At times like that, Penny would be mad at you for being too selfless. She would scold you and told you to protect yourself instead but you didn’t listen.

⠀As the two of you were hiding in the bushes, waiting to ambush someone sneakily, Penny glances at you. You were too focused to notice she was stealing glances at you. Of course she was stunned by your appearance, how can you look this perfect even in the middle of a battle? Sweat rolled down to your (s/c) cheeks as you got in your battle stance — since Colt with no power cube was getting closer.

⠀When he reached the bush, that was the cue. You charged your (w/o/c) at him. He stared at you in shock. He could only land one bullet on you, damaging your left shoulder. Though, he quickly died after the attack you did to him. Penny snapped out from her thoughts when she heard you winced in pain. Although it was just a bullet, it still hurts.

⠀Penny’s eyes widened when she saw your shoulder as she exclaimed, “(Y/n)!? Are you okay!? Oh sh*t, I’m sorry I didn’t help you there. I-I was just thinking about—”

⠀She cutted her own sentence by placing a hand on het mouth. Sh*t, that was a close call. I almost told them that I was thinking about them, she thought.

⠀You flashed a sweet smile as you said, “No no no! It’s completely fine! It’s just a bullet! I can recover from it soon,”

⠀“(Y/n)... you selfless bastard! You need to think about yourseld okay! You don’t need to protect me all the time! It’s not like I care or anything! J-just... think about yourself first, okay!?” she yelled, she doesn’t want to admit but she was actually concerned about you.

⠀You knew she was concerned about you even though her tone was harsh and she glared daggers at you. You flashed her a smile again as you nodded softly. And when she saw your smile, her cheeks flushed crimson red. It seemed like everything stopped and everything was a blur, except you. Oh how deep she had fallen into you.

⠀She dismissed all the thoughts as the two of you proceeded in the battle. Eventually, the two of you won, the hard work you both did was paid off. Penny had no bruise or blood on her skin, just some simple cuts. But you? You had bruises and cuts all over your delicate (s/t) skin.

⠀Soon, the two of you got teleported back to the main room. In the main room, the other brawlers — who were also in the match the two of you were in — were also there. They were all beaten up, except Penny who was always protected by you. Everyone was congratulating each other, especially your team — since you and Penny won. A smile found its way to Penny’s face and unfortunately, Jessie noticed this.

⠀Jessie made her way to Penny before she tapped Penny’s shoulder lightly — though, it was enough to make Penny surprised. Her smile quickly faded as she turned around to find Jessie.

⠀“What do you want, kid?” Penny inquiried, she never really liked Jessie. She disliked her for how she thought world was always sunshine and rainbow when it wasn’t.

⠀“I saw you smiling while looking at...” she trailed off before adding, “(Y/n)! Tell me do you like them?”

⠀Penny’s cheeks quickly heated up as she exclaimed, “N-no way! Why would I like that bastard!? They’re so annoying and selfless!”

⠀“Isn’t selfless a good thing though?”

⠀“Too selfless!”

⠀Jessie chuckled as she spoke, “Well, it seems like you like them though. Besides, you always steal glances from them. I suggest you to confess. You know that a lot of brawlers like (Y/n) too, right?” This time she sounded more serious and somehow, more intelligent.

⠀Penny didn’t say a word. It seems like she was deep in thought again as she turned around to your direction — observing you. Jessie was right. A lot of other brawlers liked you too, not only her. You were always surrounded by people while she disliked the idea of you being around other brawlers. After a lot of thinking, she decided that she will confess to you — even though it will end up badly, at least, her feelings reached you.

⠀She gathered her courage before she made her way towards you. Jessie stared at her in shock. She doesn’t mean that Penny has to confess right now, in front of everyone.

⠀“No no no! Penny! Come back here! Not right now and not in front of everyone! Penny!” Jessie yelled but Penny didn’t care. If she stopped right now, she would be ashamed of her self. She would be ashamed that she stopped herself just because of embarrassment. No, that’s so not Penny. She’s a tough harsh girl and she has to do it, right now.

⠀“Oi, (Y/n)!” Penny interrupted you — who was having a conversation with Piper — as she stood behind you.

⠀“Ah, please give me a minute,” you told Piper. Piper seem a bit confused but she nodded, and with her agreement, you turned around to find Penny which made you smiled. “What is it, Penny?” you inquired, looking down a bit since she was smaller than you.

⠀She took a deep breath before she exclaimed quickly, “ILIKEYOU!”

⠀“What?” you stared at her in confusion. The words that flowed out of her mouth was too incomprehensible for you to catch.

⠀She calmed herself down a bit before she repeated herself, “I like you, (Y/n)!”

⠀This caught everyone’s attention, especially the ones that liked you too. You were silent for some moment. Penny is indeed embarrassed, her cheeks blushed crimson red as she waited for your answer. She stared down at the concrete floor. Whispers slowly filled the silence. She began to felt anxious until you suddenly hold her hands. Her eyes lit up as she turned her head upwards, so she can stare into your (e/c) orbs.

⠀“I’ve been waiting for you to say that,” your lips curved into a smile before you pulled her into a kiss. It was just a short but loving kiss, though it was enough to widen her eyes. You pulled away from the kiss as Penny’s face began to heat up.

⠀There was a long pause before you finally spoke up, “Well then, I’ll see you tonight at 7 p.m. get ready!”

⠀Penny stood there, still flustered as she mumbled, “D-did they just asked me out?”

**

I had a hard time trying to write a tsundere ;-; I’m sorry if this is not as what you expected! I tried my best! I hope you liked it though! ☆ ~('▽^人)

Up next: Sandy X Reader (requested)

Remember to leave a vote, my munchkins! 💞

~ Star 🌟