chapter eleven

*two days later*

"Okay, I've had enough. We're going to go get Sonic ourselves." Sonia spoke up. Tails who was sitting across from her looked up and grinned.

"How are we gonna do that sis?" Manic asked from beside her. "This ain't Robotropolis, we ain't got a clue where to be looking for Sonic."

Knuckles who sat on an arm chair between the fox and hedgehogs rubbed his chin in thought. As much as he cared for Sonic, he didn't really want to go out on a hedgehog hunt for him.

"Do you have any idea on where to start?" Manic asked Knuckles.

Knuckles shrugged. "If he's training he's not going to be at any of his regular spots, so I'm not too sure where he could be... If only we had a hedgehog tracker," The echidna joked, lazing back into his chair and kicking his feet up onto the table.

The fox beside him stayed quiet for a moment longer. "Hey what about Shadow?" Tails spoke suddenly. "He's able to sense Sonic!"

Knuckles chuckled. "But how are you going to convince that hog to help?"

Tails grinned devilishly.

xxx

"Why are we going to fakers house?" Shadow asked.

His partner walking beside him giggled. "Well Shadow, Tails just told me that there's some people I just need to meet." Shadow stared blankly at her. "They're people from Sonic's past, Shadow. Don't tell me you're not the least bit curious to find out more about Big Blue." Rouge smirked. She knew how to play her friend.

Shadow turned his head away and kept walking. Soon they approached the step of the Workshop.

"Tails hunny, we're here!" Rouge said loudly as she knocked on the wooden door.

Knuckles opened the door.

"Oooooh, hello there Knuckles."

The echidna just stepped aside to let the two agents into the house. Shadow nodded at Knuckles in recognition.

As they walked into the living room they spotted a pair of hedgehogs. A magenta and green one. The two looked to the agents in wonder.

"So," Rouge started. "People from Big Blue's past, how interesting." The bat grinned, grabbed Shadow's arm and walked him towards the two free chairs in the room. Sitting down they looked across to the hedgehogs in curiosity. "So, who are ya?"

The green hedgehog went to answer but Knuckles cut in. "They're Sonic's siblings."

Shadows eyes widened, his eyes looking to about fall out of his head. "Fakers siblings?" Shadow asked. All eyes in the room were drawn to him. "Chaos, like one wasn't enough." Shadow sneered. His hand raised to his forehead in what looked like pain.

Knuckles chuckled. "Don't worry, there's only one Sonic in this world. Sonia and Manic aren't as troublesome as Sonic is. Although back in the old days from what I remember, Sonic was a bad influence on the two of you." Knuckles laughed as he turned towards the other hedgehogs in the room.

Manic chuckled. "Hahaha, oh yeah dude. Loves our bro but we never would have got into so much trouble back then if he had of just slowed down a bit." Manic rubbed his nose in a Sonic fashion.

"Oh hush you," Sonia chirped. "As annoying as it was, we never would have saved so many people without Sonic jumping into trouble like he did."

"That's Sonic for you," Tails giggled.

After speaking for a bit, Rouge finally had enough.

"So, what is it you wanted Shadow and I for? Not just for some simple conversation right?"

Tails shook his head. "Sonic and his Uncle are gone to train, it's been two days and we're a bit worried and-"

"To be frank we want to see our brother, we're getting impatient." Sonia cut Tails off.

Knuckles spoke this time. "If it's not too much trouble Shadow, we were hoping you could find Sonic for us?"

The black and red hedgehog shrugged beside his teammate. He was curious to meet Sonic's uncle, he was curious to know more about the hedgehogs past. Who would have thought such a simpleminded hedgehog had such a secret past?

"Sure!" Rouge grinned.

xxx

Once again meditating, but this time with a chaos emerald floating around him, Sonic concentrated on his task. His Uncle was sneakily creeping around trying to get the jump on his nephew. He threw sticks and stones and faked his destination before tiptoeing on some grass to mess him up. Zale lifted a bigger rock this time and tossed it at Sonic. A shield appeared as the rock bounced off it.

Zale clapped his hands together. "Oh Sonic you're just rushing through these training sessions. You're progressing faster than I ever could have."

Sonic opened his eyes and smiled proudly up at his Uncle. "You're just a good teacher is all!" His emerald eyes sparkled. Catching the emerald in his hand, Sonic didn't see Zale pick up another rock.

Sonic's ears perked, appearing in front of him was Rouge and Shadow. He waved his hand to wave before Rouge's eyes widened, her mouth opening and her finger pointing to something behind him. He instantly used the emeralds power and created a shield in his hand before spinning around and knocking the rock out of the air.

Zale innocently smirked at his nephew. "Haha, good one Uncle Z!" Sonic laughed. He stood up and stretched, stuck the emerald in his quills and wiped the dirt off his legs.

Rouge and Shadow walked up to their blue friend. "Heya Blue. How's it going?"

Sonic grinned at her. "All's good over this way Rouge. How are the both of you?" Sonic asked in return, taking a glance at the black hedgehog across from him. Shadow just stared at him.

Zale walked up from behind Sonic and stuck a hand out to the bat. "Hello, I'm Zale. Sonic's Uncle. I think I caught that your name was Rouge?" The dark indigo hedgehog greeted.

Rouge aww'ed, and took the older hedgehogs hand and shook it. "You heard right. The grump beside me is Shadow." Shadow only rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Your fox friend was worried about you. He sent us to fetch you. You have some visitors looking for you." Shadow suddenly spoke. His red eyes looked over to Sonic.

"I didn't know I had visitors stopping by," Sonic spoke, rubbing behind his ears. "Eh, anyway, take it away Shadow."

Shadow raised his hand, lifting his emerald into the air and shouted. "Chaos Control!"

They instantly appeared inside the kitchen of Sonic's place. Knuckles quickly walked into the room and walked up and put his arm around Sonic's shoulders, pulling him towards the door to the living room. The echidna smiled and pushed him through the door.

Sonic stumbled into the living room, only being stabled by Tails who walked past him and into the kitchen. Shuffling caught Sonic's attention. He looked up.

"Sibs?"