chapter thirteen

"Yo sibs!"

Startled, Sonia and Manic jumped up from their slumber to the living world. Manic groaned and rubbed his eyes while Sonia stared at her blue brother in exasperation.

"Sonic hedgehog!" Sonia cried. "It is 7 am, WHY are you waking us up? Don't you remember that I need at least ten hours of beauty sleep!" Sonia pulled the blanket up over her chest, shivering at the cold.

"Ahhh yeah bro, what's with the wake up call?" Manic piped up from his cot. His messy quills a state.

Sonic chuckled. "Eggman is attacking if y'all wanna come with, buuuuuuuut, if you really want to sleep that badly we can go handle it ourselves..." Sonic trailed off as he stepped towards the door.

Instantly the twins jumped up from their beds, Manic quickly fixing his quills, Sonia brushing her fur as fast as she possibly could before they both came to a stop in front of their brother.

Manic stared down at Sonic with a grin.

"We're ready!"

xxx

Sitting inside of the newest air craft Tails had created, the Tornado 2, Sonia and Manic watched their brother in unease as he stood atop the planes wing.

"Are you sure that's safe Tails?" Sonia said meekly, her eyes not leaving her brother.

Tails in the pilot seat ahead of her chuckled. "He's perfectly fine up there, he does it all the time." Tails took a glance at his brother to find emerald eyes looking back at him in amusement. Sonic gave him a wink.

"Yo Tails!" Sonic called out. "Knuckles is already down there, I'm gonna join the party!"

Tails nodded. Sonic jumped off the plane.

"Sonic!" The twins cried, their faces pressed against the window as they watched their brother fall. "Tails, get him!" Sonia cried.

Tails laughed. "He's fine you guys, like I said, he does it all the time."

Sonic spread his arm as he howled in joy at his free fall, quickly coming closer to the ground he pulled himself into his spin dash and bounced off of the giant robot. He landed on the grassy ground next to Knuckles.

"Took ya long enough," Knuckles grinned. Sonic matched the grin. "You ready?" Knuckles bashed his fists together in eagerness.

Quickly dashing to the opposite sides of the robot, Knuckles punched the leg hard, while Sonic dashed up the side of it and spin dashed the chest but got reflected and fell back.

"Sonia, how is he going to fight without his medallion? That robot is huge." Manic asked meekly as they watched the hedgehog below fight the machine. Sonia didn't say anything but gave an unsure shrug. Tails quickly made the plane dive, shooting lasers at the robot.

"Aghhh! YOU TWO TAILED BRAT!" Eggman cried. In his Egg Mobile Eggman sneered at the plane, he pressed a button of his own which sent a red laser toward the Tornado, Tails dodged.

Sonic revved up his spin dash while Eggman was distracted before Knuckles gave a strong punch to the spinning ball of spikes, sending Sonic sailing towards the robot. With a loud boom Sonic tore through the chest of the robot before it exploded.

"No!" Eggman wailed. "Ooooh! I'll get you next time hedgehog!" The fat man quickly flew away in anger.

Sonic ran back to Knuckles who met him for a fist punch. "Boom!" Sonic laughed.

xxx

"Doctor Robotnik."

Black eyes with a red pupil blinked open, the owner no other than the evil dictator Julian Robotnik. Gasping and moving away from the glowing figure the fat man reached to his security button, but missed as the glowing figure took it away from him.

"O-Oracle!" Robotnik gasped. "What are you doing here?" The red eyed man growled.

The Oracle of Delphius raised his hands, a green sphere appearing between the two of them. A picture came alive showing Aleena, Sonia, Manic and Sonic all standing together, cheering and celebrating.

Robotnik sneered.

"This is your warning. The Council of Four is quickly coming together, your days of tyranny will soon be over."

As quickly as the Oracle appeared, he disappeared. Robotnik growled loudly and screamed, his fat hand grabbing his security remote. He yelled into the microphone.

"Sleet, Dingo! Find me those hedgehogs!"