chapter twelve

Sonic's emerald eyes filled with tears as he stared at his siblings. They too were close to crying along with him. Shakily walking over to them, he was pulled into a hug. He let himself sink into Sonia's embrace.

"Oh Sonic," Sonia wailed. Her arms flying around his shoulders. He felt Manic's arms come around him as well, he gripped them tight against him. Sonic let his arms tighten around Sonia's neck as Manic snuggled in.

Tears were freely falling from his eyes as he held onto his siblings. For far too long he had waited to see them again, he couldn't believe they were finally here with him. As fast as they had held onto each other, someone's legs gave out and the three hedgehogs crumpled to the floor in a tangle of limbs. Manic was on the bottom, Sonic cushioned on his legs as Sonia held on to the both of them as she was sat crookedly on the floor.

"Bro-" Manic choked, he let his arm come around Sonic as he took his turn to hug his brother. "-Sonic man we missed you so much," Sonic spun around and let himself be crushed in his brothers arms. Manic sobbed.

Sonia watched her brothers, not giving a care about her makeup running down her cheeks. Her heart was beating uncontrollably in her chest, it was almost to the point of being uncomfortable but she pushed it aside. She willed her lips to work so she could speak but her voice miraculously disappeared. She rubbed the tears from her cheeks.

Sonic finally untangled himself from Manic and plopped on the carpeted floor between his two siblings. Sonia quickly took his hand in hers, as Manic slid himself closer to the two of them.

Sonic raised a gloved hand to his face and wiped the tears away. "Manic, Sonia." Sonic's throat locked up. A wave of tears escaped from his eyes, he quickly covered his face as he cried in pure happiness.

"I love you guys, ya know that." Manic spoke. Sonic and Sonia looked at him. "We're finally together again," Sonic leaned into Manic as did Sonia.

Surprisingly to Sonic, he noticed that Manic was a bit bigger than him. Not that he was bothered about it, but it was shocking to say the least. He looked up and pushed Manic's bangs out of his own face as they were itching his nose. Manic huffed and laughed.

"Oh man," Sonic chuckled. "Look at us bawling on the floor, what a mess."

Sonia and Manic stared at their brother for a moment before all three of them started to laugh.

xxx

In the kitchen Knuckles peeked through the door to peek at his friends, he was thankful to see the three hugging it out. Letting the door fall closed he walked back over to the kitchen table and let himself sit into an empty chair across from Rouge. Said bat just fluttered her eyelashes at the Echidna, who in turn blushed and looked away hastily.

Hearing the three hedgehogs laugh from the living room made Zale, Tails and Knuckles all smile as the joyful laughter zoomed around the room. Shadow looked to the kitchen door and raised an eyebrow.

"How did Sonia and Manic even get here?" Zale asked, looking to the red echidna. He shrugged his black cloak back on over his shoulders and leaned back against his chair.

Knuckles gave a small smile. "The Oracle sent them here,"

Zale's eyes widened. "That old booger is still kicking?" Zale gave a huff. "I never liked that old seer, always gave me the heebie-jeebies." The dark indigo hedgehog shuttered as he talked. "That old toad would always give me stupid warnings, not to do this, don't do that, listen to your siblings- blah, blah, blah." Zale crossed his arms in a huff.

"Wow." Tails gasped. "You sound just like Sonic."

Zale raised a hand and rubbed under his nose and gave a chuckle. "That hedgehog has been a mini-me since the day he was born, that blue bugger sounds like me!" Zale gave a hearty laugh.

Shadow who had been quiet up to this point crossed his arms and stared at the hedgehog across from him before clearing his throat. "So, out of curiosity. Why did you decide to train Faker?" The black and red hedgehog questioned.

"Well," Zale started, leaning his arms onto the table and stared the younger (older?) hedgehog in the eyes. "On one of my adventures I came across some ancient ruins and managed to scavenge some old books. The thing was practically in tatters, and it took a while to get the information from the pages, but what I managed to recover was information on Chaos Users." Shadow's ears perked up. Rouge gave her partner a knowing grin.

Zale reached forward and took one of the many cookies on the table and plopped it into his mouth. He chewed and swallowed before speaking again. "From what I gathered, Chaos Users are quite rare. Especially ones like Sonic and yourself." Zale pointed to Shadow. "Although would you technically count as one where you were created?" Zale hummed. "Let's not get into that right now. Anyways, Chaos Users range from weak ones who can use the emeralds power but not in great amounts, and to the strong ones who can siphon and control chaos energy to ones will.

"There are only a handful of Users that are born every few centuries, the last strong User who was documented was my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather. His name was Ogilvie." Zale's eyes sparkled in wonder. "There was only a few pages but he had managed to write down some of the many powers he possessed, and I wanted to help Sonic achieve what our great Grandfather could."

xxx

Sonic listened to Sonia and Manic ramble on about their friends, the resistance, Robotnik and their endless journey to find their Mother. He was a little disappointed, he figured maybe if his family thought he was dead, maybe- just maybe their Mother would have made a move and joined her two other children to help grieve. Sonic bit his lip. 'Will we ever find her?'

The opening of a door caught the triplets attention. Zale's eyes glossed over the room before landing on his niece and nephews, who were sitting in a circle in the middle of the room. He noticed all three of them were touching, Sonia's hand was holding Sonic's, Sonic's leg was laying on top of Manic's, and Manic's ankle was underneath Sonia's thigh.

"Hey Uncle Z," Sonic greeted. His green eyes widened and looked back to his siblings. "Oh! Sonia, Manic, this is our Uncle Zale." Zale waved a hand and walked towards the triplets. Sonic untangled his leg from Manic and scooted over as to make room for his Uncle on the floor beside him. Zale held onto Sonic's shoulder as he sat down.

"It is a pleasure to finally see you both again." Zale's eyes warmed at the sight of his family. "You both have gotten so big, I almost can't recognize you."

Sonic grinned beside his Uncle and nudged Sonia. "Hello," Both Sonia and Manic greeted.

After the introductions were made and the hedgehogs were familiar with each other Sonic noticed something off. "Yo, sibs." He spoke. Manic and Sonia's eyes landed on him. "Where's your medallions?"

Manic shrugged. "Once you disappeared the medallions didn't work, we didn't wanna lose em' so we gave them to the Oracle." Sonic nodded.

"Well. I know it's been a long day for all of us. Why don't we all go and get some sleep. It's getting pretty late and I'm sure your friends are looking to talk to you." Zale spoke up.

Sonic nodded and picked himself up from the floor, stretched his back and gave a yawn. "We got a few spare bedrooms upstairs if you guys wanna take them, or pull a cot into my room. Or stay down here on the couch, whatever works." Sonic grinned.

Sonia and Manic looked at each other and then back to their blue sibling. "Let's lull the cots into your room, I don't think we're ready to get split apart so soon." Sonia smirked. "I hope you still don't snore, but I guess if you do, I can let it slide for tonight." Sonia reached over and gave Sonic another hug.

"Alright, my rooms at the top of the stairs and it's the last one down the hall to the left. You guys head on up, I'm just gonna chat with Knuckles and Tails before I go to bed."

"Okay," Manic fist bumped his brother as the two hedgehogs made their way upstairs. Zale nudged his nephew in the side with a grin before he too made his way up the flight of stairs.

Sonic closed his eyes and took in the silence for a moment.

He finally had his siblings back.