chapter fourteen

Sonic walked steadily towards the small villa surrounded by tulips and daffodils. Finally getting a moment alone from his siblings and Zale, the blue hedgehog figured he'd let Vanilla know the recent updates in his life and because he missed the elder rabbit as of late. Before Sonic made it to the house Cream was already opening the door and racing out to jump into the hero's arms.

"Sonic!" The little rabbit exclaimed, her arms wrapping themselves around his neck as she nuzzled her nose against his cheek. Sonic continued walking, not fazed by Cream leaping into his arms, and into the front door, kicking it closed and walking into the entrance.

"Oh Sonic!" Vanilla smiled warmly as Sonic made his way into the kitchen, and sitting himself at the table, letting Cream plop down beside him only for her to hold his hand. "It's so nice to see you, it's been a few days. How are you?" Vanilla stirred a second cup of tea as she spoke. 

"I'm fine, Vanilla. I came by to talk to you guys." Sonic said, squeezing Cream's hand in comfort. Suddenly the blue chao Cream owned flew into the room and placed himself atop Sonic's head. "Hahaha, I missed you too, Cheese." Sonic reached up and pet the chao.

Vanilla placed two steaming cups of tea on the table along with a plate of chocolate chip cookies. Sonic smiled gratefully, using his free hand to take a cup. Turning back, Vanilla grabbed a small glass of juice and sat down, passing it to Cream. "So what do you need to talk about, dear?"

"Well, my Uncle Zale appeared around two weeks ago. It was a bit of a shock to be honest..." Sonic sipped his tea. 

Vanilla nodded. 

"Anyway, right away I felt comfortable around him, and he showed me a picture of him and mom with me and my sibs as kids and told me about his adventures and other things. A few days ago he took me out to train, since on his travels he found a lot of useful tricks and abilities and wanted to see If I was able to perform them.

So we were gone for a few days, and he taught me a few cool things! He taught me how to use a shield with my chaos energy and how to sense incoming attacks! He also showed me how to communicate with him with our minds!"

Cream's warm brown eyes stared at Sonic in awe. "Like mind reading?"

"Yes exactly, he only said we could do it to each other though because our energy's are so alike and due to us being blood." Sonic said.

Vanilla smiled and nodded, urging Sonic to continue.

"So while we're training, Shads and Rouge pop outta nowhere and says Tails is lookin' for me, which was weird cos he knows I never disappear for too long AND I left him a note. But then Shads tells me there's visitors lookin' for me! So he chaos controls us back to my place and Knux shoves me through the living room door and BAM! My sibs are there."

Sonic stopped talking, a giant smile on his face. Vanilla's eyes were watering as she reached forward to take Sonic's free hand into her own. "Oh Sonic honey, that's amazing. How are they?"

"They're great," Sonic answered while wiping a small tear from his eye. 

"When can we meet them?" Cream asked.

Sonic glanced down to her and booped her nose. "Well that's also why I showed up over here. We're all having a picnic and I've been sent to come get you guys."