Chapter 1: Flying High

****Alec's POV****

Alec could feel the wind in his wings as he dodges yet another attack from the wooden sword, a manic grin on his face. The N.Y. Institute let in the soft morning rays, showcasing the stark black runes scrawled on the training room floor. It was true that Alec was meant to be out at flight training soon, but he had agreed to a morning workout with Jace first. Hence why he was in the training room now, battling back well aimed blows from his parabatai's sword.

"I'm....going...to...get...you! Ha...ha..." Jace pants as he continues his barrage.

As it would happen, his wings had made him a lot faster than he previously had been before. Jace had to use his angelic runes just to keep up with him. White wings moved with sinewy grace behind him. The archangel felt as though they were almost taunting him, his parabatai lunging to attack just a second too late as the wings yanked him back. This cycle had been going on for the past few minutes now, and all of Jace's attempts had been to no avail.

"You'd think you would've gotten me by now." Alec teases his brother. He parries a much fiercer thrust in the direction of his abdomen, pushing Jace back with a force that came easy to him ever since the reawakening.

"Heh, I'm just getting started. Remember, I'm the only one who can wipe the floor with you." Jace says with his own cocky grin. Sweat clings to the blonde's bare chest as he had forgone a shirt long ago. Said red t-shirt laid discarded in a pile next to two bottles of water.

Alec flaps his wings in challenge, gripping the two wooden swords he held tightly. It was clear to him that it was time he struck back. Go on the offensive to wipe that smug smirk off Jace's face.

"I'd like to see you try."

With that said Alec lungs across the room to close the gap between himself and Jace. He slashes with powerful strokes at the other man's stomach and kneecaps. Jace manages to just barely block the movement, his sides heaving for air. The two parabatai push away from each other before continuing their fight, each parry and thrust well-timed with the pulse of their parabatai bond flowing freely between them.

When Alec had first become immortal, there had been a concern that the change would negatively affect his bond with Jace. Luckily, his fear was so far unfounded. The Lightwood and Heronadale had yet to have any negative drawback from this change. If anything, their bond had only grown stronger.

"Hah, I win!" Alec let out a huff as he finally subdued Jace to the ground.

One elbow dug into the blonde's throat, his hands pinned down by his knees placed on the palm of each one. Alec's free hand was poised at his side, ready any tricks the other parabatai might have. He no longer had either of the swords he had been battling with earlier, his blonde brother was also sans any weapons. The wooden blades lay discarded haphazardly off to the side, out of use for the time being.

"Ack, fine fine fine. Just get off of me you big lug." Jace sputters out.

Alec lets out a chuckle before stepping away. He dusts himself off as Jace scrambles back onto his feet, going over to put away the wooden swords. Hazel eyes follow his movements, content to just remain in one place after that strenuous training session.

Belatedly he realizes that it would've been best to take off his shirt around the time Jace had. As an archangel, the ability to sweat would eventually disappear with time, as would the usual discomforts of getting sick. At the time being Alec still has these problems though, as was evident in the way his blue-now navy- shirt clings to his back.

The wings trailing behind him were impervious to the sweat, though they did produce a certain oil to make them slicker during battle. Harry had told him it would make him more evasive during a fight. Alec wasn't sure how true this actually was, but as he had no evidence against this claim as of yet, he figured it best to keep quiet.