Chapter 13: Rain Downpours

****Daniel's POV****

Rain lashes down on Daniel as he flies. With each flap he propels himself forward. The rumble of thunder roars overhead as dangerous flashes of light cascade into the sky. The jagged lightning bolts are haphazard in their origin, and there are a few times that Daniel has to make spiral maneuvers to avoid being electrocuted. He has adrenaline rushing through his veins in these past hours, keeping him from thinking of anything else.

Of course, this could not last.

Reality came calling as soon as he touches back down to Earth. Daniel was no geographer, but he believes himself to be in Australia. The Australian outback to be precise. Red clay covers the desert land, cacti sprouting by tumbleweeds. None of the wild animals he has heard so much about are out currently, likely due to the harsh downpour that causes even his wings to droop with the weight of rain. He would get rid of it with his magic, but they would just get wet again so what exactly was the point?

What really is the point of anything?

Ring. Ring. Rinnnnnnnnngggg.

Daniel sighs at the blaring ringtone coming from his pocket. Not wanting to ruin his phone (that is technically waterproof but he has his doubts) Daniel walks over to some shelter. This took the form of three jagged rocks poking out of the ground. It is clear that there was originally four boulder sized rocks pressed together, the evidence being the fourth rock rolled off to the side in a pitfall of its own making. The sight reminds him of something he would rather not think about.

Only once he is sufficiently hidden underneath the outcrop of rocks does he accept the phone call. He doesn't bother to see who is calling him. Either way, he has to talk to them. Daniel wasn't one to ignore calls. Not when he gets so few of them.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Daniel. I'm so glad you picked up. It's me, Ricardo."

Daniel takes a second to remember who exactly Ricardo is seeing as he hasn't seen him in a long time. When he does remember, all exhaustion that had been previously clouding his brain dissipates to leave him well aware once more.

After all, Ricardo only calls him when something serious is going on.

The last time the two had talked, it had been about another serious matter, one he didn't have time to ponder about. In the end, it hadn't come to fruition anyways. That's not to say that it never will though. Not with how she's been acting lately. And as for the King...well, some things are best left unsaid.

"Ricardo. What's going on?"

"Well....it's complicated. I-I don't know how to explain it."

"Then uncomplicate it for me. Ricardo, are you or the kids in danger?" Daniel decides to get down to his chief concern.

"No...or at least, not yet."

This is where a pause happens as the faerie male lets in a sharp intake of breath. Daniel bites at the inside of his cheek to keep from shouting at him. He is overtaken now by a horrible feeling, one that ties directly with the nightmares he has been having lately, and the burning pain coming from his parabatai rune.

"Daniel...I think the Portal is reopening."

The world burns red.

***Alec's POV***

After the revelation from Harry and Pippa that evening none of the partygoers had felt like doing much of anything else. So everyone retires to their selected rooms for the night. It had took plenty of effort on Isabelle and Simon's part, but all the guest rooms were sparkling clean. Magnus and Alec had of course got one of the master bedrooms. This one has a balcony overlooking the rolling hills of the estate with an garden full of overgrown plants. Stars glitter in the night as the wind breezes by, lightly caressing each solitary feather of his wings.