Chapter 3: Discussions Over the Fireplace

****Magnus's POV****

Magnus's magic was useful in a lot of ways. One of such was that he could change the very structure of their home with the snap of his glowing blue fingers. They had received an unexpected downfall of heavy rain right after flying around a few glass towers, soaking them thoroughly. Magnus would've magicked up some sort of umbrella (or force field for that matter) but seeing as he was unsure how Alec's heavenly wings would react to such close proximity to demonic energy mid flight, he decided it best not to.

This led to now. Magnus had made it so that a cozy fireplace appeared right where the bookshelf at the back of the room had previously been. After moving the sofa to face said fireplace and a rather steamy shower they took together, the two men settled down in their pajamas to relax for awhile.

"Hot chocolate dear?" Magnus raised the preferred mug of steaming liquid in Alec's direction. Five marshmallows floated at the top of the sweet concoction, just the way his husband liked it.

"Don't mind if I do Magnus." Alec accepts the cup with an easy smile.

Alexander's wings are slick with water as they hang over the back of the couch. No amount of towels could seem to fully absorb the mix of rain and shower water in them, much to Magnus's own annoyance. And so several towels had been placed right on the floor underneath the feathery appendages, soaking up the puddle of water that had been dripping from them for the past few minutes now.

Knowing there's nothing else to be done about the puddle for now, Magnus slides down into the seat next to his husband, cuddling up against his side. Alec curls an arm around him with the hand that isn't clutching his "A" mug of piping hot liquid. It had to be an angelic thing: the fact that Alec could drink such a hot beverage without cooling it off. Magnus had to blow on his own cup for a minute before taking a sip of it, otherwise scathing liquid would've burned his tongue.

"Thanks for taking me out tonight. Flying with you was just as splendid as I imagined it would be." Magnus murmured in between gulps of the sweet drink.

Considering that Magnus had been around back when hot air balloons and planes were first invented (along with cars, trains, motorcycles, etc.) it was high praise coming from him that flying with Alexander was his favorite form of travel now. This was of course right next to portaling, which he himself had invented with his dear friend Henry back in the day.

Alec presses a soft kiss to his cheek, his hot breath ghosting down Magnus's throat. The Angel was blinking rather sleepily. He would hardly be surprised if Alexander would want to call an early night for once. Flying with a passenger must have taken a lot out of him.

"I'm glad you had fun. I just wish our flight wasn't interrupted." Hazel eyes stare tiredly at the blazing fireplace in front of them. As it had been created by Magnus's magic, the flames were extra bright, hints of fierce blueish green embers making themselves known amidst the attention seeking sparks.

Magnus frowns a little at that. He hadn't put much thought to it as of yet, but Acriux demons were not exactly common. Especially not so close to Alicante. The demon towers may have been damaged after Jonathan's attack on the Glass City, but Magnus himself had helped to make sure the towers would be fully erect once more. Yes, Downworlders would be granted safe passage into the city, but there was no way demons were counted among that list. And while the demon had not actually made it into the city it was still way too close to the perimeter to have been capable of spawning into the Mortal world regardless of whatever power it may have held.

"Yes. It does make me wonder how that was even possible? Acriux demons are extremely powerful and dangerous, but there's no way it should've been capable of appearing in Idris, let alone so close to Alicante." Magnus voices his concerns aloud.