Chapter 5

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"-CK!" I finish after Anti let's go of my mouth. I look around to see us in a wooded area. "The hell! How did you do that? What do you want?" I shout at Anti. "Relax. I will explain, but stop screaming." Against my better judgement, I bolt into the woods. It doesn't take long for Anti to catch me. He grabs my wrist. "Are you trying to get killed?" He growls. Yeah, kinda. I think. "Kinda? Dying is not a good thing." He points out. I stop moving and look at him. "Did you just-" "Read your mind? Yes. Listen, all of my brothers and I have something like this. It's way we're in the woods. I'm a demon, Marvin has magic, stuff like that." I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"It's true! Anyway I brought you out here for another reason. I know how you've been thinking. You're as bad as Chase was. He has gotten extremely better, and with his help, you can too. But it starts with realizing people care, so while this is a weird way of telling you so, we all are here to help. We care. Freaks stick together." Ant finishes, holding his hand out. I take it. "Freaks stick together." I repeat. He gives a little smile. "Good. I'll take you back now." He teleports me to my room. "Night (Y/n)." He zaps away. Night Anti. Confused, but feeling slightly better, I go to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to knocking. "(Y/n)! Wake up sleepy head." I recognize it as Chase's voice. I groan as I stand. I open the door. Chase's hand is mid-knock. "How did ya sleep?" He asks politely. "Fine." I say. I'm always at the most peace when I'm sleep. I don't feel like I'm screwing things up.  "You?" I ask. "Good. Are you hungry. There's a good diner we could go to." He says. "Sure. Just let me get ready." "Okay, I'll wait out here." I nod, closing the door. I change quickly, and brush my hair. I walk out with Chase standing there, as promised. "Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's so nice to actually laugh, I haven't in so long. "Anti was so mad, but it was so worth it." Chase was telling me about their pranks. One of which was when he put pink hair dye in Anti's shampoo. The check comes, and I reach out for it, but Chase snatches it. "I've got it." I protest, still reaching for the check. "No, I insist." He says. "I'm living in your house, and your helping me get back to myself. Let me." I say. "Too late." He hands the waitress the check with his credit card in it. "Damn you." I say. He smiles and shrugs. Cute. Is the only way I can describe it. The waitress comes back, and we leave. "Thanks Chase. I needed that. It's been awhile since I've had fun." I decide to say honestly. "I said I was going to help you, (Y/n). I mean it." I don't know what comes over me, but I kiss his his cheek. We both blush furiously. "Sorry." I say. Why? I'm a screw up. A let down. I'm going to drive away the only person who cares. "No. It was nice." He says. We both blush harder, getting weird looks as we walk in the door.