Chapter 7

(Y/n) P.O.V.

Chase looks concerned, but doesn't question anything. He starts the car, and we drive back home in silence. One we've parked, I leave him behind to quickly enter my room. I lock the door behind me, letting myself slide down the door. I bring my knees to my chest, and cry my eyes and heart out. I can't believe I was so stupid as to believe anyone cared about me. He hates me, just like everyone else. I don't belong anywhere. I should just finish what I started. My mind starts to wander to the possibilities, to how I could end my pain, but I find that I can't get myself to move. Like something is holding me down. Too tired to live, but way more too tired to move. I cry myself to sleep, here on the floor, emotions flooding out of me, until I'm slumped in front of my door.

Anti P.O.V.

I can hear her. Again. She was feeling these thing less... something must have happened at Stacy's. I can feel her urge to die. I use all my willpower to keep here still, to keep in one place, to keep her alive. She can't do this...she has to live. Once I feel that she has calmed down, I break the link with a huff of breath. I'm rusty. I haven't taken over a mind like that in a long time. Which, I guess, isn't a bad thing. Only then do I realize that I'm sweating a little, my breathing is a bit irregular, and the others are looking at me. "WhAt?" My voice glitches slightly as I get defensive. "Are you feeling alright?" Henrik asks me. I just nod. "U-Uh, where is Chase? (Y/n) is already inside isn't she?" I'm glad as the focus is no longer on me, and now on a missing Chase. Jack silently gets up, and looks out the window. "He's in the car...thinking?" We all get up to see Chase just sitting in the drivers seat. He looks deep in thought, arms crossed and one hand over his mouth.

Chase P.O.V.

I think about Stacy's words. "Is it because of that girl?" Maybe....Yes it is. I don't want to be with Stacy. I want to be with (Y/n). But I'm scared. I'm scared of the possibilities. Losing her, her rejection, or even her manipulation. I doubt that though, she isn't Stacy. "She means nothing to me." God, if she had heard me.... that was the biggest lie I've told other than 'I'm fine.' I look at the window and notice everyone looking at me through the window. I sigh, and get out of the car. Once I'm back inside, I'm bombarded by questions. "You okay, Chase?" "Is something wrong?" "How were the kids?" "Did something happen with (Y/n), she ran to her room." "How'd you handle Stacy?" "You feeling alright?" The only question I focus on was the one about (Y/n).

I push away from my brothers. "Wait, Wait, (Y/n) went to her room?" Henrik nods. "Ve do not know if vere vas trouble." "What? I-I should go check on her." I'm about to go before a cold hand is on my shoulder. Anti. I turn back. "What happened?" He asked. "I-I'm not sure." I stutter. "Stacy must have said something to her. They talked before she came outside with me and the kids. She seems off." Anti looks at me suspicious. "Anything else?" Jack asks, catching on. I shake my head. I get nervous. "YoU'rE lYiNg." Anti glitches out. I jump, startled, forgetting that he can see through these things. I brush Anti's hand off my shoulder. "Why do you even care?" I growl. "You've seemed to be against her since day one." Anti scowls. "That's not-" "You all have! Just like me! What? What is it? You can't handle people like us? People who feel broken?"

I'm shouting, and angry, and regretful. But I'm not done. "You don't care about her like I do! Hell, you don't care about me! Stop pushing your noses in places they don't belong." I hiss, walking to my room, slamming the door. I sigh as I sink into my bed. I didn't mean to snap or shout, I'm just worried. I'm worried about Stacy could have said to (Y/n). Something that could have made things worse....(Y/n)! I open my bedroom door and am faced with Anti. "We need to talk." He pushes me back in the room, closing the door in the process. "Just let me check in on (Y-" He cuts me off. "She's fine. She's asleep." I grow a bit jealous. "How do you know? Did you check on her?" Anti growls. "I'm not here to listen to your shit!" He snaps. "I had a link. She was feeling worthless. How she felt the day you met her. Chase...I..." I have never seen Anti so...vulnerable and talkative. Never this empathetic or caring. Usually he was cold and defensive. It's strange, but also nice in a way. To see him open up.