Chapter 12

#blacklivesmatter

Please talk to friends or family about this if you are going through this. If you ever want to talk to me about how you are feeling, do not hesitate. I want to help you. I am very serious, and care about each and every one of you.

Chase P.O.V.

I was stunned to say the least. I want expecting it. I don't expect anyone to love me after Stacey....I just can't believe that she feels the same. I tentatively brush the hair out of her face and kiss her forehead. "I'm so glad you're okay." I whisper to her. "I don't know how to feel about it honestly. I-I wanted to die, and I'm not dead. And I'm happy that you love me back, but also scared. And I'm still not okay, neither of us are really, I'm scared this might not work. Our hearts are so broken." She croaks out. "Maybe, but maybe the pieces can make a new one. One for us together." I soothe. "I'd like to take that chance." She agrees. "Good. Because I would too." I hold her hand for the moment, sitting in a comfortable silence. The only noises are the beeping of the machines, and Anti shifting in the corner. I bring my hand to her cheek. "You've been through a lot. Do you want to rest?" She shakes her head. "I've been sleeping for awhile, haven't I?" She says with a tired smile. I huff out a laugh. "Right...are you hungry?" She nods. "Okay, I'll be right back." I get up, and go to the kitchen.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

Anti sits up in his bed. "How do you feel?" I ask. "Better, actually, now that your awake. It's like...I can feel the energy and strength coming back.....what about you?" I look at him, and feel my cracked lips turn into a humorless smile. "My head hurt, obviously, and I'm tired, surprisingly, and I'm still now sure if I want to be here. But I don't want to hurt you, I don't want to hurt Chase, so for that, I'm going to try to stick around." I answer honestly, surprising myself. "You know, Chase hardly ever left your side. He didn't want to eat or sleep, but did only because he thought you'd want him to. He really cares about you." Anti says, not looking at me. He glitches very slightly. "I really care about him too." I admit quietly. If he heard, he doesn't show it. Chase comes back with a bowl.

"Henrik said you should get soft foods as to not upset your body since it's just restarting, so I brought soup." He holds the bowl closer to me. "Can you get it, or do you need help?" He asks. I lift my arms and they feel like giant weight for the moment, but I decide to take it. I don't want to feel like a burden. "Are you sure?" Chase asks, not handing it to me. I nod. "(Y/n), you just woke up from a coma, let us help." Too tired to argue, he ends up spoon feeding me the soup. "Chase...I'm sorry." "You have nothing to apologize for (Y/n), I'm sorry for making you feel like I didn't care. I just...didn't know what to say to her. I didn't want her to attack you, because she would if she knew, which is still no excuse. I'm so so so sorry." I wipe a tear off his cheek. "Me too. She...said some things that got to me, so I get what your saying. I forgive you. As long as you can forgive me." He grips my hand tightly. "Trust me, I've been there. Of course I forgive you." I yawn, growing tired. My eyes start to flutter. "I'll let you rest." I grab his wrist. "Please stay." He nods. I move over carefully, and slowly, and pull him onto the bed. He wraps his arm around me carefully, and I lean my head on his shoulder, and fall into a truly rest filled sleep.