CHAPTER 1 - NEW START

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Incheon Airport. Local time 11pm and the temperature is 9ºC. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until..."

I didn't pay attention to the rest of what the old nice stewardess was saying, as soon as I heard we had arrived and were ready to land my full attention was on the small airplane window by my side. It was so dark and foggy outside that we could barely see the lights shining down below, and apparently it wasn't warm as well....I mean, for some people this could be considered warm or even normal weather, but for me that was born in Portugal and spent some years in America I was more than used to the sun and good weather.

As soon as I got out of the plane I stretched my full body feeling the relief in my muscles, almost groaning in satisfaction with the soft pop noises my bones made after 15h closed up in a plane. I passed the long security check up and waited for my bags, looked over to a big ass clock on the wall and saw that it passed midnight already.

"Fuck" I cursed as I rushed my way to the train station praying I'd still make it for the last train. Thank god for this new technologies and apps, I'd be so lost without them! I ran full speed with one backpack over each shoulder and a trolley in each hand, which made me get a lot of confused glances from people around me. First they should probably find it weird for a girl to run around with so many luggage like a maniac, and second to be doing so alone so late at night, it was dangerous....but that's one of my big problems, I am not scared, not anymore, not after what happened.

After the train ride to Seoul I picked up my faithful travel companion, aka phone apps, to guide me all the way to my new house. I noticed some people glaring at me when I passed by and some not in a good way, which would made me glare back and they would stay put in their places or stop on their tracks, I had a powerful mean glare, or as my friends liked to call it "a cold bitch resting face".

Got inside the building where I was going to start living and saw that the elevator was broke, just great....made my way to the 7th floor carrying my bags through the stairs until I reached my door. I looked under the rug and there was my key, just like I had agreed with my landlord. I pulled the door open and made my way inside dropping all the bags on the hallway with a thud, I closed the door, locked it, and took off my shoes.

"I'm home...." I whispered to the empty pitch black silent house. It had one decent size living room, 1 decent size bedroom and a smaller one, 1 bathroom and one tiny kitchen, but it was enough for me. The living room was completely empty, the kitchen had countertop, sink, oven, stove, and one old fridge that the landlord agreed to let me use since I didn't had any and he had one hanging around. The small room was empty, like, completely, not even a lamp, rug, nothing at all. The bathroom had a toiled, lavatory and small bathtub, the room where I was gonna stay was almost as empty. One empty closet inside the wall, one bedside table with a small lamp but no bed.

"Well, I did want to start from zero" I said with a small giggle mixed with a sigh. I did a quick cleaning on the room to make sure the floor was good enough for me to sleep in it and got all the blankets I had on my bag, which was just 2 cause lets face it, have you seen how much space they take?! Made my "bed" as comfortable as humanly possible and fell asleep in less than 5 minutes, I guess I was really tired from the travel.

Woke up with the sun warming me through the blankets, it felt nice. A smile made its way to my lips while my body stretched and a weird high pitch sound left my throat, I don't know why I made that sound but it made me feel good, relaxed in some way so it was almost mandatory for me to do so while stretching or it wouldn't be a good stretch. I got up and went for a quick shower, unpacked my clothes still wearing only a towel around my body and one around my long blonde hair.