III

Timline: Changed

III: Mission

S.H

MONDAY

Sakura never imagined this.

To go on a mission with her team.

They were to escort an old man named Tazuna, so she have to take a break from Misa's Shop.

Heh, I guess this mission would be hard since she's present, huh..

Naruto was hyped. He kept yapping about how they are skipping boring D-Rank missions to have this.. Possibly A-Rank Mission. Nothing that Sakura cared of.

Sasuke-kun was silent. Nothing that Sakura cared of.

Kakashi-sensei was late. Nothing that Sakura cared of.

And Tazuna was drinking. Nothing that Sakura cared of.

Puff of smoke emerged, indicating Kakashi-sensei's entrance.

"Okay! Are you ready, my little genins? Oh, and Tazuna-san?"

Naruto was already bouncing

And Tazuna grumpily threw his empty bottle.

"Heuah! Are you Suuure Thaet these genens can proatect mee?" The old drunkard slurred.

"Don't worry, Tazuna-san, I'm a jounin, no one can hurt you while I'm around."

\\\

"GUARD THE CLIENT!"

The genins quickly implied and went to guard the drunkard.

"Ahh.. Kakashi of the Sharingan, copied thousands if jutsus.. It's a pleasure to kill you..! Oh, and are those little runts your subordinates? Ah, how disappointing."

"Zabuza... Are you sure you can "Kill me"? Since all you care about is money.. Also, these are my students! Heh." The Jounin smirked, regardless of the sweat trailing down his cheek and the fast beating of his heart.

This irked the missing-nin, urging him to attack and take offense.

They were both so fast that no eye can comprehend.

Naruto and Tazuna were quivering,

Sasuke was still.

"Kakashi.. Have the Sharingan? But how.. Only Uchi—"

"Shut up. Sasuke. It's not the time to blabber! We need to help sensei!" Naruto said through gritted teeth.

..You're one to talk. The rosette thought.

Sasuke could only grunt in approval.

"Okay, Sakura-chan, we'll surely take care of you!"

And they fled.

\\\

"Thank you for making my job a lot less complicated." A girl said, her face covered by a mask, yanking Zabuza's unconscious body.

Sensei was breathing heavily and is now on his knees.

The girl disappeared along with the missing-nin, senbon needles buried down the back off his neck.

"Oi, Tazuna-san, your house is nearby, isn't it?" Naruto huffed while trying to stand.

"Yes! Yes."

The old man quickly guided them towards his house, a girl and a young boy greeting them.

"Grandpa!"

"Tsunami! Inari!"

\\\

Everybody was inside, eating dinner, chatting. But the rosette felt out of place, she's always tensed, and couldn't breathe properly.

So there, she's now outside, now looking at the moon. The sky.

"O? Sakura? Why are you here?"

"Ahh.. Tazuna-san, I just feel homesick that's all."

The drunken man stifled a laugh, and patted her shoulder rather roughly.

"Kid, I know you feel sad.."

"Y-You do?"

"..That you didn't do anything but stand there while everybody fought, you see, dolls like you are supposed to stay home, 'ya know? If you really wanna be a kunoichi, keep in mind that you'll be useless-er than useless. Might as well become a house wife or something, and you'll have no worries! No one'll hate you afterwards."

Sakura bowed her head, tears flowing rapidly from closed jade eyes.

"I— Thank you?"

The speech wasn't what she want to hear.

But at least it's the truth.

\\\

"Oi! Sakura-chan, where were you? 'Ya know, we were worried that someone took advantage of you while we aren't by your side 'Ttebayo!"

The said girl kept her mouth shut as she dragged her feet towards her room.

Once she was inside, she can hear the muffled yells from Naruto, asking if she's Okay, or if she's Hurt.

But she can never be, cause she already is.

···