XIV

XIV: Gone

XIV: Gone

N.U

???

"DADDY! DADDY! Wakey wakey!"

Himawari's sweet voice definitely isn't enough to wake her daddy up.

"Stay back Himawari, this is how you wake him up dattebasa!" The older brother then ran, and jumped high into the air successfully landing on his sleeping father.

The older man let out a strangled voice, his ocean eyes quickly opened, he felt as if all air from his body are gone.

"I-I'm up! Gah!"

Himawari stood there in shock.

\\\

Naruto wondered.

He's standing in front of the window, the view of the whole village is so peaceful. But not enough to calm him down.

What dream was that?

All of it are so... Vivid.

For the nth time the blonde sighed, and turned to grab his cloak.

He opened the door and started walking rather fast.

All people he passed by greeted him, offering him some kind of things they sell.

He is the Hokage after all.

And alas, he reached his destination.

The Memorial Stone.

He stood there for what seems like hours, staring at her name engraved there for years.

Sakura Haruno was no longer living.

To his shock, Sasuke Uchiha came after him.

"So... She's really gone, huh." The blonde said, breaking the ice.

"Hn." The stoic Uchiha answered.

"She was just a kid. Sakura-chan never experienced life..."

"I had this dream.. Where I saw all Sakura-chan's suffering when she was a kid... It's so weird... And vivid."

"All her suffering?"

"Yes... I also dreamt that you shouted at her for asking about Itachi."

"That never happened."

"I know.. But it feels so real."

"You're making things up, dobe. It's just a dream."

"Yes. A dream it is."

The Uchiha stood up and left, leaving the blonde boy behind.

///

Naruto and Sasuke stood outside the tent where Sakura, Kakashi-sensei and a Medic stayed.

"She's gonna be alright." The blonde repeated.

"Hn."

The tent slowly opened, revealing Kakashi-sensei's worried face and the medic's frowning one.

"She's fine right?! She's fine dattebayo!"

"I'm afraid she's not. She fell so hard and her head took too much damage, she didn't make it... Nor did she want to."

"W-What.. S-Sakura-chan is fine! SHE'S FINE! I know she's a strong girl, she's.. She's never gonna leave me! SHE'S NOT DEAD! She's.. Not.."

Naruto started to realize, he started to scream. Tears from his eyes glistened under the moonlight.

The Uchiha also was shocked, he couldn't believe that his teammate is gone.

"I'm sorry. If only I... If only I also focused on her, if only I knew what she's been through, I'm a terrible teacher." Those were Kakashi-sensei's words before he shunshined.

Another one.. I lost another one of my important people, I couldn't protect anyone.

Naruto's wails became louder, kneeling on the ground and hitting it.

Sakura Haruno is gone. And never going back.

Forever.

END.

If you're confused, you can ask questions, I'll answer :)