VII

VII: Comeback

VII: Comeback

S.H

THURSDAY

"Well.. Well.. Well.. Look who's back.."

I knew it! Sakura thought, a sweat trickled down her cheek.

Zabuza.

He's back, alive and unharmed.

The lone female of the group felt uneasy, while on the other hand, her teammates seemed to be thrilled and excited at the same time.

How can they do that..? Am I really this weak?

Now is not the time to cry, an S-Class missing nin is in front of them with his comrade, crying would show her weakness and she'd die there and then.

The word 'die' made her remember the man she had killed. But she shook the thoughts away and pursed her lips.

"Zabuza?! I— How— Wha— YOU'RE ALIVE? 'TTEBAYO!"

The said man smirked and readied his enormous weapon, his grip tightened and an exhilarated smile evident on his face.

"My long wait is over. Hatake the Copycat. I can feel your death by now.."

Haku, the masked boy just stood by his side, completely standing stiff.

He's like a puppet..

A gush of wind blew past her, and Sensei wasn't on his spot, but rather, he's clashing against the enemy.

"I can see your emo genin shaking there! Weakness disgusts me!"

Sasuke clenched his fists and replied,

"I am shaking.. Because I'm excited!"

"Let the fights begin! 'Ttebayo!" He pumped his fist, a nonchalant smile across his goofy face.

"W-What about m-me?" Ah shit, she stuttered.

"Just sit back and relax Sakura-chan, maybe protect Tazuna there, and we'll fight for you! I'll never let anyone touch even a single strand of your hair! I'll protect you no matter what!"

"Enough sweetness, let's get this over with." The stoic Uchiha intervened.

\\\

Sasuke-kun and Naruto are inside an ice dome, one that Haku made.

"What are we gonna do?!" Tazuna asked, as panic started to rise up her system.

"I— Just stay b-back, Client!" Despite her lips quivering, she still managed to spit it out.

"But what about your teammates?! You won't help them?!"

"I'm- I.. I want to.."

"Then go!"

"..But I can't."

This took the old bridge builder off guard, a sweat trickled down his forehead.

"I can't believe this. I can't believe this!" Then he laughed.

The rosette looked at him like he was from an asylum.

"I can't believe I paid this much just for my protectors to cower! No!"

Her hands shook and her feet wobbled.

She stood up, and sighed.

"Well then.. I-If that's what you like, Client."

Four steps.

"Take care. Of yourself.. And your family—"

Naruto's shout was heard.

"—Tell them I'm tired, and that I want to stay with my Mom and Dad.."

And then she ran.

···

Oh my Lord, what is Sakura gonna do?!