IV

IV: Hello, Nightmare (1)

S.H

TUESDAY

This day, the first day, it was Sakura's turn to guard them at the bridge.

Kakashi-Sensei took a lot of time to convince Naruto to stop worrying, for Sakura will be fine without him. And it made her feel devastated.

She's currently sitting on top of a big boulder watching how the workers move, they all look so tired yet glad at the same time, while Tazuna is giving instructions once in a while.

But something feels off.

Kakashi-Sensei was supposed to help her in accompanying the workers. But he said he's got some important things to do first, and that he'll be back in a minute.

But something is really off.

\\\

"Everyone! STAY BACK!"

All of the terrified workers, including Tazuna, did as told, and that is a relief.

..Kakashi-Sensei.. Where are you?!

An enemy is now on the other side of the bridge, a smirk etched on his face, brown eyes glowing dangerously.

Sakura is now shaking, she couldn't stand up properly and her hands gripping a blunt kunai are also shaking wildly.

Her heart is now beating so fast, her eyes dilated, she couldn't breathe normally.

And yet she nor the Enemy barely even moved yet.

"W-What is your intention r-right now, why are you here and who are y-you..?!"

"Ohh, Ho ho ho, a cute little genin!"

"A-Ans.. Answer m-me!"

The Enemy took a step forward, hands hidden behind his back, he's not wearing any hitai-ate, that made it difficult from telling his affiliation.

"Ohh, My name is Mue, and I am here to respectfully kidnap Tazuna!" Then he snickered.

..Weird.

"I.. I won't let you d-do that, you k-know?! Please r-retrieve q-quietly and never c-coming.. I mean, come back!"

"Ohh, But where's the fun in that?"

\\\

Kunais and shurikens were launched at her, while she stiffly dodged, she wasn't practiced like this after all.

..Ahh, man, stop shaking!

The man sighed, as if he was bored and twiddled a kunai on his fingers,

"This is no fun~ Oh~."

Sakura's breath was ragged and heavy, she contemplated whether should she run or protect the others..

As if she could protect them, ha!

She shook her head, and dashed towards the man.

... An opening!

As he tried to protect his self, he flailed both arms and tried to push the frail, little kid.

Due to adrenaline, Sakura grabbed both his extended arms, leaped off the ground and using his arms as supports, she kicked him in the gut with both feet, and pulled his arms while her feet were implanted to his stomach to add more pressure, it somehow made him cough up blood.

The adrenaline didn't last long when she realized what she had done, while in shock, swift punches were thrown at her making her stumble back.

"Oh~ that was good. But not enough!" The man shouted and launched at her yet again.

When will he just disappear?!

Sakura almost cried, again, but she held the tears back and stood up to dodge, but a kick on the head was what awaited her, she flew and hit a tree.

I can't do this anymore.. She thought.

But like a spring, Sakura stood up again after regaining her senses, she ran towards the man attempting to kick his foot but he dodged, and kicked her small back instead.

..Why do I keep fighting back..!? It's impossible!

At this point, Sakura coughed up blood, too.

..Kakashi-sensei, hurry up, please.. I'm at my limit.

But no signs of the silver haired man came.

A few tears escaped her dull, emerald eyes, but she wiped them quickly before the man can see.

"Oh, are you done now? Ho ho ho, just as I expected, you are weak! I didn't even need to try~."

The man walked past her limping state, with a bounce on his steps.

"W-Was it.. F-Fun..?"

Mue abruptly stopped.

"Ho? What?"

"B-Beating up a.. A child..?" Sakura slowly stood up, her hands on her knees.

"Oh~ That, hmm maybe a litt—"

A gasp escaped his crusty lips.

Sakura had stabbed his back that went through his heart killing him in an instant.

Just like that.

She won.

But at what cost?

The tired rosette slumped on the ground, tears welled up and this time, she let them go.

She was tired.

Physically, Mentally, and Emotionally.

...I killed a man.. I.. Killed.. Someone..

'Sakura, you killed a man, you should just rot in hell! You should die! Suffer! You killed him, can't you see? Now for payment, you should kill yourself!'

"Stop. Stop. Please. I- I didn't mean to- To kill him! Please stop!" She clenched her pounding head.

'No Sakura, you should die! Die! You're evil!'

Nightmare.

···