V

V: Hello, Nightmare (2)

S.H

TUESDAY

The night after the encounter, Sakura couldn't sleep.

Not because of Naruto's loud snores, or because her precious Sasuke-kun is sleeping near her, or because of the loud cricket sounds.

But because of the darkness.

Every time she closed her eyes, Mue just randomly shows up, with a kunai embedded on his back through his heart. Every time she opens her eyes, Mue just shows up, because of the lack of light. And the voices in her head seems louder now, and more distinct.

Kakashi-sensei already wrapped her injuries, he said she was lucky it didn't hit any critical points. And he also reminded her not to tell anyone, not even her teammates, not even her parents, wait- Sensei didn't know her parents are dead.

So she just laid there, her eyes fixated on the roof, afraid to make a move. She laid there motionless, Naruto's snores were barely even heard, because the voices in her head are drowning his.

'Kill youself! Kill yourself! What a weakling. Hey hey Sakura, do you remember when- Kill yourself- Ino said youre such a weakling and that you never contributed- Kill yourself- During missions? Hey hey Sakura, do you remember when- Kill youself- Ami made fun of you? Hey he-'

"STOP!"

The pinkette jolted up. Sweat dripping down her forehead, her back, her neck, she was drenched.

"I- I didn't.. I didn't.. Mean to."

She broke down.

Her tears flowed like waterfalls, but she never made sound. She was afraid she would wake them up. She's afraid they'll be scared, or even mad at her for killing someone, she was afraid.

She was a coward.

The door slid open quietly, Kakashi-sensei's silhouette was recognizable enough because of his odd hairstyle.

...He used the door.

"Why are you up so late Sakura?"

"I- I'm fine Sensei, just a little bit homesick. That's all." Was what she said before smiling.

"Ahh. I thought something bad happened. Ja, I'm going to sleep." He disappeared, just like that.

\\\

'Sakura.. Sakura..'

'Hey, hey Sakura.. Why aren't you killing yourself yet?'

Sorry.

She couldn't bring herself to do so, she's afraid. She's afraid that her close friends, family or even acquaintances will be sad.

'But no one'll be since you're weak, and invisible.. And practically everyone hates you.'

The voice—whom she named Inner, was still talking nonstop, the following days of inner talking to her negatively somehow made her comfortable, knowing she's not alone.

Sakura Haruno is a coward.

But she's not alone.

···

short