Chapter Four: Just Stop

Alice wasn't kidding when she said she was going to make my life living hell. By the end of the day a rumor had already been started that I had slept with Matthew and seven other guys. Which I swear isn't true! I am one hundred percent a virgin. Which makes me sound like a total nerd...

I was slamming books into my locker, when two girls came sauntering up. "We heard you slept with Matthew Knight." One of them spat.

"You're such a slut." the other fired.

"Yeah? Well at least I know what color my hair is without reading a bottle." I retorted, slamming my locker closed and stalking out to the parking lot.

I made a beeline for Chad's car in the lot since he took me home everyday.

"Shaina!" I suddenly heard Matthew call from behind me.

Crap. I ignored him and kept walking.

"Shaina!" He yelled louder. "Shaina, please stop!"

I stopped on my tracks knowing it was the only way he'd leave me alone.

He jogged up and stopped in front of me. "Shaina, I-"

"Matthew, please, just leave me alone." I begged quietly not looking at him.

"Shaina-"

"Look, you can come to my house whenever you fight with your dad but other than that, just leave me alone. Okay?"

Matthew was silent for a moment then muttered okay.

"I'll see you around." I said quietly as I hurried around him. I located Chad's car. He was leaning against the side. "Come here, Babe." he said as he pulled me into a tight hug. "You gonna to be okay?"

I nodded. "I think so. She's already painted me as the school slut. She can't do much more."

Boy was I wrong.