Chapter Thirteen: Home Sweet Home

"Goooood mooooorrrrnnnnniiiiiinnnnnggg!" Chad sang as he burst into my hospital room.

I groaned and held Matthew tighter.

"Oooohhhhh! What is going on here?!" Chad exclaimed standing at the foot of the bed giving us a pointed look.

I sprung away from Matthew and then groaned clutching my stomach. That wasn't smart.

Matthew chuckled and clambered off the bed. "You alright, Shaina?"

"Yup." I gritted. "Just peachy. What are you doing here, Chad?"

"I heard you're getting out of the hospital today so I brought you," he stepped into the hallway and re-entered with a giant polka dot elephant. You know, like the one from Rudolph, except bigger. "this!"

I squealed and reached for the stuffed animal. "Gimme gimme!"

Chad laughed and handed it to me. "Come here, Chaddy!"

I gave him a hug and he planted a kiss on my cheek.

"I need to get to school. But I'll be over later and we'll watch Mean Girls and pig out. If you feel like it of course." he added.

"That sounds wonderful." I said smiling. "Just forget about all this shit."

He kissed my forehead. "Alright, I'll see you later then, Baby Doll."

"You ready to go home?" Matthew asked sitting down at the foot of my bed.

"Oh absolutely. I'm so over this."

He chuckled.

There was a knock at my door. "Shaina?"

"Come in!" I hollered.

My day nurse, Tom, came in. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"So much better."

"Good good. Pain?"

"None." I grinned.

"Alright." he responded happily. "The doctor should be in shortly to check your progress but you should be good to go home today."

"I just want to get out of here." I groaned. "I'm so over it!"

Matthew laughed. "I know, Sweet Pea. I know."

"Good morning, Shaina." Doctor Stephen greeted as he entered my room.

"Morning, Doctor Stephen."

"How are you doing?"

"Oh so much better. I have no pain. And I haven't thrown up since I got out of surgery."

"That's all good. And there is no swelling?"

I frowned in thought. "I don't think so."

"Do you mind if I look?"

I shook my head. "Not at all."

He came to the best side and lifted my shirt. "Looks fine. No swelling. No discoloration. Great." He moved back to stand at the foot of my bed. "Alright. Good news. We're going to release you today. We're going to release you in the capable custody of your boyfriend here since he is of legal age. Now here are the release orders. We're going to give you a pain killer because after the ones we gave you wear off you're going to be in some pain. You need to take two pills every four hours. You need to not move around a lot. Just settle on the couch or in your bed and stay there. And if there is any uncomfortable pain the pills won't help or she starts vomiting again, bring her in immediately. You won't be able to really do anything for about three days. And you're cleared to go back to school next week. But just play it by ear. If you're still sore when you stand. Stay home an extra day. And no physical activity for four months. I'll be in contact with your mom for your follow up appointments soon. Okay?"

Matthew nodded. "Yes sir. She's in good hands."

"So I trust." He extended a hand to Matthew.

Matthew shook his hand. "Thank you."

"Thank you, Doctor Stephen!"

"Alright. You get to feeling better now."

I laughed. "I will."

"A nurse should be in shortly to take you down. You should start gathering your stuff." And with that he left.

Mathew clapped his hands. "Alright. Let's get packing." Matthew grabbed my bag that was at the foot of the bed and put the clothes I had in it. "Anything else?"

"My hair brush and tooth brush are in the bathroom."

Matthew grabbed them and put them in the bag.

Then a nurse came in pushing a wheelchair. "Hello, Shaina." she greeted cheerfully. "I'm Mandy. I'll be your discharge nurse. Did the doctor go over all of your discharge orders?"

I nodded.

"Alright. Well here are the pain killers." she handed a small paper bag to Matthew. "She needs to start those at about noon today. And she'll take them until they run out." Matthew nodded and placed the bag inside my duffel.

"You ready to go home?" she asked me. I smiled and nodded. "Then we'll get you there. Young man, if you would help me get her into the wheelchair."

Matthew threw my duffel over his shoulder. "Come here, Shaina."

I tossed my covers off my body. Matthew slipped an arm under my knees and I wrapped my arm around his neck. He lifted me and placed me in the wheeled chair. "You hold the elephant." Matthew placed the polka dot elephant in my lap. I hugged it to me.

The nurse wheeled me through the hallways and out to Matthew's truck.

Matthew helped me into the passenger seat then climbed in the driver's seat. He looked over at me and grinned. "Home bound."

I laughed. "Let's go!"

Matthew revved the truck and we were off.

Matthew carried me through my front door and set me on the couch. "Welcome home, Sweet Pea."

I sighed. "Home sweet home."

"Let me get your stuff out of the car and then we'll get you situated."

He left and returned with my duffel bag and elephant. He dumped my bag on the couch and handed me the elephant. "Alright. What can I get to make you comfy?"

"Can you go up to my bedroom, I assume you know where it is, and get my fuzzy blue pillow off my bed and the super soft checkered blanket that should be folded up at the foot of my bed?"

"Sure thing." He disappeared upstairs.

I crawled down to my bag and dug my phone out. I turned it on and saw I had seven missed calls and twenty texts. I read the texts firsts. They were all from guys. Guys I didn't even know asking me to do disgusting things with them. I cringed as I read them. Disgusting. Just disgusting. Next I listened to the voicemails. Tears filled my eyes. To say the least, I was scared.

So first off, I just wanted a to say a HUGE thank you to all my readers. I have 1.53K and 58 votes for this story! That's so amazing and an awesome milestone for me! Thank you guys so so much.

So here is the next update! I hope you guys enjoy it and yeah. I would love some feedback just to see how I'm doing and how y'all are liking the story! So just leave me comments on my profile or the story!

I love you guys!!

Avery